STOP EATING AND DRINKING FAT FREE DAIRY! PLEASE READ

Options

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Meh, I love my skim milk.

^^This. I LOVE my skim milk. And I give my kids skim milk. There's no reduction in vitamins, just milk fat. And they eat enough cheese to get enough of that. To each their own....
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I drink straight from the utter. No-milk stach.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. i only drink whole milk. my whole family does. drank it my entire life. yes i am obese but my husband and son are not. my son drinks more milk then i do. i refuse to drink skim milk!
  • kym123tx
    kym123tx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree that fat-free stuff is gimmicky. Skim milk is too watery for... anything useful. I love coconut milk, and full-fat cheeses.

lol i agreee,! skim milk taste like water!!!
    only vitamin d is the stuff!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    The name of the website should tip you off...

Obviously "BUTTERBELIEVER" is not going to promote low fat/nonfat dairy. Silly people.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have been getting my milk daily right from the source, it is much healthier.

Lately it has been really thick and salty....

Wait, crap..... that is my bull. F--K!!!! I have been drinking.......
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The best choice is fresh, clean milk from happy cows grazing on the grass of a real farm. Just the way it came from the cow — whole, unprocessed, and with all its nutrients intact. Including the fat.

Okay. Until I can wiggle myself under a cow and start chugging, I'm going to stick with the skim milk. That article was insane.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I find it sad that there are health facts staring people in the face but you say "Oh well! I'll do it anyways!" Isn't that what got you here in the first place? Not caring about what went into your body?

I like valid, verified research :/ Not just a blog who cites... their own articles, or YouTube videos where comments are disabled.

I guess not really researching what you eat or drink is what got many people here, or... you know... listening to the first "radical" claim they heard ;)

P.S. Because I read and fact check ANY article I come across, I knew already that D2 is useless... in fact, most foods & doctors include D3, because that is the Vitamin D that helps absorption of calcium. So, looks like our precious blog is doing a nice little strawman.

P.P.S. Let's be careful with how we use the word "fact," hmm? :)
  • SteveT59
    SteveT59 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Many years ago I worked in a commercial dairy, and I can say without fear of contradiction that I have never read such clap trap in all my life! NONE of what they are telling you there is true, well certainly not in the UK. Everything they are saying on that link is exactly the opposite of reality, do they live in some alternative Universe? Perlease!
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yeah because eating/drinking highly processed food is healthy. Skim milk is crap food and to be honest you need to do your own research on the topic. Also this is not the only site that has these facts. You all tell the OP to provide better proof because you don't believe them but I don't see one single person posting any facts to the fact skim milk is healthy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=skim+milk&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
  • yngone
    yngone Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree.......... whole foods are better for you than processed, and Organic even better.... But personally I'll stick with my almond milk! I love the stuff.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I find it sad that there are health facts staring people in the face but you say "Oh well! I'll do it anyways!" Isn't that what got you here in the first place? Not caring about what went into your body?

I find is sad that people post bogus links filled with half truths and misinformation and call it facts.

BAZINGA!
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I agree.......... whole foods are better for you than processed, and Organic even better.... But personally I'll stick with my almond milk! I love the stuff.
    /|\
    this for sure. Way better options to getting your calcium and other vitamins that any type of animal product
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.:flowerforyou:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Yeah because eating/drinking highly processed food is healthy. Skim milk is crap food and to be honest you need to do your own research on the topic. Also this is not the only site that has these facts. You all tell the OP to provide better proof because you don't believe them but I don't see one single person posting any facts to the fact skim milk is healthy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=skim+milk&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/natural-foods/natural-weight-loss-food-skim-milk-ga.htm
    http://www.readersdigest.ca/food/diet-nutrition/benefits-low-fat-milk
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/is-skim-milk-healthy/

I don't usually post articles from junk resources, but when I do, it's to counteract the opposing argument doing exactly the same.
  • MSeel1984
    Options

I like valid, verified research :/ Not just a blog who cites... their own articles, or YouTube videos where comments are disabled.

I guess not really researching what you eat or drink is what got many people here, or... you know... listening to the first "radical" claim they heard ;)

P.S. Because I read and fact check ANY article I come across, I knew already that D2 is useless... in fact, most foods & doctors include D3, because that is the Vitamin D that helps absorption of calcium. So, looks like our precious blog is doing a nice little strawman.

P.P.S. Let's be careful with how we use the word "fact," hmm? :)

This...research. Websites that are so blatantly against something (food wise) are always suspicious to me.

Organic is one things. No hormones, antibiotics, etc...that is not the same thing as lowfat milk.

If you're gonna go that extreme, get raw milk...there are ways of skimming extra fat off of milk that don't involve hormones, etc. This has more to do with the treatment of the cows.

Also... Don't believe everything the internets tell you... ;)
  • MSeel1984
    Options

Wait a minute....

Are you trolling us? DOH! I totally bought it.
  • sprmom
    sprmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i serously couldnt even finish reading the entire article, i felt myself wanting to puke!!! Im still convinced that cows milk isnt made for humans so I rarely drink it,but, when I do it is pure 100% raw milk from the dairy down the road from me and I know they are all natural grass fed cows!!! Same for my kids all natural and raw..