How long did it take you?

How long did it take you to get to where you are now.....what was your startig weight, now weight and goal weight. How long do you think it will take me to lose 15lbs? I feel like i am not losing weight fast enough....2lbs in 10 days....

Replies

• Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    2 lbs in 10 days is actually too fast, IMO...if you continue at that rate, you run the risk of ending up with flabby, loose skin. Not sexy. I've been doing MFP for about 3 months, and I've lost 17 lbs, and have been really happy at the rate I've been losing. I have about 10 lbs more to go.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    It took me 7 months to lose 50 pounds. I lose anywhere from 0-2 pounds per week. I found that it was easier to lose weight in the beginning because I was larger and it was much easier to have a calorie deficit. I used to burn 1100 calories for a 2 hour bike ride. Now I burn around 700. Sometimes I think that I wish I were "done" losing weight, but I think that I will have to count calories for the rest of my life to keep the weight off for good.

I'm 5'6" and started at 190.5. Just hit 139 on Friday. It will happen for you.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    I lost 15lbs in a little less than 2 months. I'm down 38lbs in 140 days. I lift heavy and run, and I'm not flabby like a previous poster suggested. I'm sure if you were doing it only with diet you'd lose muscle. I spent 5 weeks in an air cast (foot condition I didn't know I had), and I still lost 10lbs in those 5 weeks. I'm sure some of it was muscle, though, which to me is no good.
  • I started running back in April 2012 -- at approx. 191-193 lbs.
    I was down to 181 (by May 20th, because I weighed myself before a road race).

Since May 20th -> Sept. 18th (so 121 days / 4 months) - I've lost 15 lbs.

In terms of goals - this weight is unchartered territory for me so I keep setting small goals, and then re-evaluate how I look and feel once I hit them.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    It's taken me about a year to lose 20 lbs, but that includes falling off the wagon for a few months.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    I started July 1st. Today is my 80th day on MFP and I've lost 18 pounds. Went from 169 to 151. I'm wondering when I'm going to hit that plateau!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    20lbs in about 4 months. But now its about definition and reducing BF which is taking longer.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    How long did it take you to get to where you are now.....what was your startig weight, now weight and goal weight. How long do you think it will take me to lose 15lbs? I feel like i am not losing weight fast enough....2lbs in 10 days....

20lbs in 5 months. Not as fast as I'd like, but it's better than nothing :) I was stuck on 5 pounds for a good 2 months (kept gaining it back, then losing it, then gaining it). I'm finally back to losing though.
  • I started at 260 and I am now 154 I started feb 2011. :) good luck with your weightloss
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    2 lbs in 10 days is good. You don't have to go faster than that.
    My starting weight was 157.8kg. My now weight is around 104-105kg. I started a year, 7 months, and 8 days ago.
    For the weight in lbs: do times 2.2 :-)
    Better to go slow, then you'll be able to keep it off... There's no use in losing it fast and gaining it back even faster. The battle is really in your head, and not between your lips. Change the lifestyle to something healthy: not too much, but not too little either! And all will be fine, you'll see.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    I started in October 2010 at 190 and 5'11. In May of 2012 I reached my goal of 157. I'm now 147 and holding steady.

The first year I just changed food habits and ate when I was hungry, or when it was appropriate to eat. In February 2012 I joined MFP and started working out (walking, elliptical, and resistance training) and really watched what I ate and how much I ate.

So, yeah, it's taken a long time to get where I am and I don't regret how I did it. It was easier to accept the changes. If I had lost 40+ pounds fast I don't think I'd be as happy with the results.
  • babyhazelz1
    babyhazelz1 Posts: 39 Member
    I'm down 3.5 lbs in 8 days- just started. it's different for everyone. Kepp going, youre doing great!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    I'm almost 52 and it took me 2 years to lose 60 and I've kept it off a year now (the keeping off for a year is HUGE for me), my full story here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    My starting weight was 173, I'm 129 now. It took me around 5 months to lose the 40ish pounds.
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Started 5 months ago.I ahve lost 20 pounds. i train 6 days a week weights plus 45-60 min of cardio.I chab=nge up my routine once a month.I have 8 pounds to go to get to my goal weight.I want to have those last 8 pounds gone by Dec.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    It took me 2 years to lose 40lbs. Now that I've reached my goal, I don't mind that it took so long. I never made any radical changes to my lifestyle so I'm pretty sure it will be pretty easy to maintain. Looking back, 2 years really didn't seem very long at all.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member

with only 13 lbs to go you should only be set and expect to lose 0.5lbs/week. The less you have to lose the slower your loss is going to be. A fast loss when you don't have much to lose will lead to a large % of that loss coming from lean muscle.

Are you trying to lose fat, or just weight?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    LOL I have been doing this for 2 years and lost 20 pounds. Really what is the rush......this is for the rest of your life
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    2 lbs in 10 days is actually too fast, IMO...if you continue at that rate, you run the risk of ending up with flabby, loose skin. Not sexy. I've been doing MFP for about 3 months, and I've lost 17 lbs, and have been really happy at the rate I've been losing. I have about 10 lbs more to go.

What's funny is that you say 2 lbs in 10 days is too fast, but you lost 17 lbs in 90 days which if you do the math is 1.9 lbs per 10 days.
  • buckeye213
    buckeye213 Posts: 52 Member
    7 months to lose 70 lbs started @ 241 in Dec 2011, today 171.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!