Tween Friend Requests

Options
1235»

Replies

• ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    lol If you actually update and log that could be why. I don't limit my friend list to around my age because I go more for activity. Then again, I'm not looking for hookups or flirts on this site, so I may not be the best one to answer this.

^^^^^ this

when i friend someone their age is irrelevant.
    but im not an 18yo in a bikini so i may also not be the best person to answer this haha
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    coming from an 18, the only real reason I have mfpals older than me here is

a. more experienced (as a newbie its slightly hard to find those my age who've done this, lost weight and can actually give out good advice into losing the weight/keeping it off etc)

b. slightly hard to find 18year olds who are trying to lose as much weight etc

but the main reason is a. most the advice/help I've gotten comes from older people here...don't send friend requests with a reason etc and i hate fb - ended up pretty much deleting everyone

(please don't stereotype us all...just would like some help/motivation and inspiration)

- no daddy issues
    - no attention seeking
    - no perving/oogling
  • aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    As a none thin-mint selling 18ish year old girl, I usually friend request people (regardless of age) to fawn over their weight loss and take a sneaky peak at their dairies.

I'm not trying to get into anyones proverbial internet pants.

Totally agree with Bamsie!
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or are other people a tad creeped-out by 18ish year olds randomly sending Friend requests?

I just don't get it. I'm a bitter, mean, 30-something. Why in the f**k would they want to friend me? Are the fake? Do they want to babysit my 4 kids? And they trying to sell me Trefoils and Thin Mints?

Thoughts?

I think it's the suit - maybe they see you as some kind of daddy bank??
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Anyone can help motivate you....It is not like the site is setup to be like match.com or eharmony. It is a place where people of all ages can come to support the similar goals of fitness and healthy living. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't bother me how old or young someone is for the purposes of this site.

and..... end scene

:smokin:

I have found this to be true, in my case at least. I have friends of all ages and both sexes and orentations. But then, any creepy activity, non activity or friend collector gets deleted.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Anyone can help motivate you....It is not like the site is setup to be like match.com or eharmony. It is a place where people of all ages can come to support the similar goals of fitness and healthy living. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't bother me how old or young someone is for the purposes of this site.

and..... end scene

:smokin:
    I'm fairly sure that I don't come off as the "I need motivation and a hug" type.

I see the look in your eyes, you are silently BEGGING for a hug! Oh, and some of your soft nougat center is showing... :tongue:
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I see the look in your eyes, you are silently BEGGING for a hug! Oh, and some of your soft nougat center is showing... :tongue:
    You think that's nougat?
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends in that age range. So I have no problem with this whatsoever.

I'm not going to be the creepy old guy and flirt with them or anything. Mutual support is cool. Maybe they're just looking for support from someone with more experience.

Some of the best conversations I've had on here were with my friends in the 18-20 year old range. Why would we judge based on age?

Should probably mention...when I was 18, one of my best friends was 45. Now, at 35, one of my best friends is approaching 60. I think we all have something to offer, regardless of age.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or are other people a tad creeped-out by 18ish year olds randomly sending Friend requests?

Every time I get a request of an 18 year old girl wearing a string-bikini, I half-expect Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC to jump out of my pantry and say, "Why don't you have a seat... right over here."

I just don't get it. I'm a bitter, mean, 30-something. Why in the f**k would they want to friend me? Are the fake? Do they want to babysit my 4 kids? And they trying to sell me Trefoils and Thin Mints?

Thoughts?

^ You're freakin HILARIOUS! haahahhaa Cracked me up.
    I don't know why. I don't like any random friend requests in general.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    hansenlol.jpg?1322001926
  • Ender126
    Options
    Y'know what's creepier?

When you're an 18/19 year old girl and you get friend requests from suspicious looking middle age dudes who want to see a "progress" pic of you in your underwear.

Ahem. Yeah.

Then don't take pictures in your underwear dummy... lol
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I feel kinda left out and unloved :)

My youngest friend is a cow-orker......

With whom I am in deadly weight loss competition....
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is a dateline setup, so if they ask you to come over bc they are all alone with some goodies, run far awayyyyy.
  • DayumStraightIAmEllie
    Options
    Not all of us do it.....but we like to be creepy sometimes...and our brains aren't fully functioning til we hit 25:wink: