wow!! thats an amazing transformation!! you look great
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m40xq0BF581qffloyo1_500.jpg

^ 220 to 170

5133274_2354.jpg

^ 171

Wow wee hell yeah you look freaking amazing, a job well done!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've been strength training about a year now. I took about a month off in January while recovering from a stress fracture, and another month in June due to lack of mojo followed by the flu, but I'm back at it now. Switched from doing machines at the gym to free weights at home about a month ago.

Still waiting for those giant man muscles to show up.
    Still waiting to lose my curves.
    Still waiting to freak out over weighing more.

1year-front.jpg

1year-butt.jpg
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing! I am intimidated by heavy weights (or any) and don't know where to start. Is there a program that you followed? Did nutrition make a significant difference? Do you have any tips/tricks?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing! I am intimidated by heavy weights (or any) and don't know where to start. Is there a program that you followed? Did nutrition make a significant difference? Do you have any tips/tricks?

I had been lifting weights for years. This time, I went to a trainer for my program (and still do). Many here use Stronglifts (I think its online) or The New Rules of Lifting for Women.
    Nutrition makes a significant difference, ie proper macros. I am in the "doesn't have to be clean" club, but I do put a lot of emphasis on eating whole food, and less processed food.
    Tips or tricks - forget the scale for awhile, be consistant. Challenge yourself weight wise, don't be afraid to go harder. Many people make the mistake of staying at the same weight, same reps, forever.
  • jessimurph
    jessimurph Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump. just started nrol4w two days ago and hope to be adding my own pictures is a few months :)
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,080 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you all! Wonderful and inspirational to see such dramatic transformations!!
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Amazing results ladies
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Finally posting mine, these are my 12 week 5x5 progress pictures, Im now on week 14 and still loving it!

nxtgya.jpg
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Baroness
    Baroness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump. Awesome work Girls. I have ordered NRL4W. I hope I will be posting before and afters too.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    :laugh: totally entertaining:bigsmile:
    I'm not a woman, but here are my before and after pics!!!

Before:

ac63adf5.jpg

After:

f7719d9f.png
    You're HAWT.

Really, though, the women on this thread rock. I am proud to be counted among them. :)

Oh crap we rolled the thread with that post. Oops!

Um... I might have to go find mine and repost them here.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Omygosh, this fabulous! I am so proud of you!! I love how you are so muscled up but you've shown us all we can remain totally feminine!! Yeeeeeeeeehaw!!
    I haven't gotten through the entire thread but wow!

Here is mine.
    This is me about 5lbs under my highest weight, July 2010.
    048.jpg

Over the next year and a half, I lost about 15 lbs counting calories and doing cardio (swim, biking, running) I started back at the gym in October 2011. I had been lifting weights on and off for most of my adult life, but hadn't gone consistently in years at this point. In November I decided to compete in a fitness competition (long story). My trainer gave me a strength training program and a diet For the first few months it was pretty typical program, but in the weeks up to the competition, the diet was really strict and I was doing a lot of cardio as well as the weights. This is my entry for a competition.

(I know I have a ways to go before I am competitive, and my posing is lacking)

1337358020.png

OMG they're huge and I can't resize on my iPad. Ugh.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    7799077722_f15ee73863.jpg
    2012-07-14 71412 by JenniferSPalmer, on Flickr
    8003520519_11cc0dda3f.jpg
    42512 006 by JenniferSPalmer, on Flickr
    8003506627_cefb43c96f.jpg
    8112 028 by JenniferSPalmer, on Flickr
    Back shots are April 25th and August 11th, you can change a lot, very fast with weightlifting
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Back shots are April 25th and August 11th, you can change a lot, very fast with weightlifting

Wow! Awesome job!
  • AleksaRobot
    Options
    Bump. Starting NROL soon.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    7799077722_f15ee73863.jpg
    2012-07-14 71412 by JenniferSPalmer, on Flickr
    8003520519_11cc0dda3f.jpg
    42512 006 by JenniferSPalmer, on Flickr
    8003506627_cefb43c96f.jpg
    8112 028 by JenniferSPalmer, on Flickr

If you don't mind me asking, what was your weight change from April to August?
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Amazing ladies on here! One day I'll be able to post mine too! :)
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    160 and 139 so 21 pounds top photo would have been closer to my starting weight of 190 but idk because I didn't take those until I was 1 month in and I dropped the first 10 or 15 lb really fast