Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies

Wednesday Wish - to have resolve to do what I promise myself and not to cave in immediately.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome newlings!

@Tom -- if you're craving stuff, it's worth trying to get some of it into your plan. How about a steak and a baked potato? A spoonful of sour cream on the baked potato instead of butter, chives, masses of mushrooms (quickly stir fry them in a little oil), a huge salad -- fits easily into your week and will be a lot cheaper than the huge restaurant portions. I do think that lots of cravings are your body saying 'I need a particular nutrient and I know that food x will provide it'.

@GrandmaKaye -- It's hard to exercise if you can't walk easily, but I do have a cardio boxing game, and although it's got footwork I'm sure it would be possible to just do the arms and get a workout that way. You can do dumbbell work sitting down too. Good luck! I think 1200 cals is really hard, particularly if your family is around eating ordinary sized meals.

@Christine -- hope you're feeling better soon.

@TracySTL -- one of the quotes I like is 'I can't imagine losing 100 pounds... but I can lose ten pounds... and I can do that ten times'. That's the plan.

@Jana -- you can adjust your starting weight in settings. I had to do that because I first joined MFP a year or so ago but then gained weight before I actually hunkered down and started keeping to a plan.

@Kris -- there are plenty of nice chaps out there I think! It's just finding one.

@Toots -- don't you just love doctor's receptionists?

@Sara -- I'm *definitely* going to get Zumba for the Wii the next time I think 'huh, I don't fancy exercising today, all my exercise games are boring'. And nearly all houses are brick in the UK; this house is 111 years old which is just a bit above average for this neighbourhood. My friends from the Bay Area get very nervous.

Wednesday Wish -- actually get a bit of stuff done today! I'm being unbelievably unproductive this week and I cannot think why. You know you're in trouble when you think back on your achievements for the day and go, well, I cooked dinner and hung the washing out...

-- Alison
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good workout with my trainer last night, he has me running more and more - each time I run a little bit longer. I never thought I'd be able to run again - makes me happy! :bigsmile: Today is my recovery day.

Sunday~Personal Training DONE!
    Monday~TM (running, zone training) DONE (actually did x-trainer instead)
    Tuesday~Personal Training DONE!
    Wednesday~Recovery day (body needs it)
    Thursday~Personal Training
    Friday~Treadmill (zone training)
    Saturday~A really long walk, if it’s nice, if not TM or Elliptical

Wednesday Wish~That this project I am working comes together without a hitch, its due tomorrow. I am also wishing for a decent loss for my official scale hop on Friday and that everyone who is sick or injured is on the road to recovery soon.

oh haha i do have to tell this story. when i got a call back from the receptionist at the doctors office today she asked what i needed to be seen for. i said that i had an a-fib and i needed to get in.

then she asked me if i was going to need a pelvic exam for that.

O.o

i said, 'not unless it's changed a LOT since the last time i had my heart looked at.' :laugh:

your first clue that your receptionist is not a medical professional...

:laugh: Hilarious!!! :laugh:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Happy Hump Day :flowerforyou:

Yes, I have been missing in action for a week or so. My classes this semester have me underwater and I don't do well with group projects because I don't like relying on others which is making one class super hard because it just one huge group project.

My Wed Wish is that my new basement would come with gym equipment.

****Update****
    As of 9/24/12 9am I will be a home owner! This is my very first home and thought it could never happen as single mom but GOD has blessed me for all my hard work.
    Life with adding my boyfriends kids has been real stressful too. His 12yr old is a mini version of my 16yr old which is real challenging but it's working.
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I wish that today will be a good, smooth day at work with minimal foot pain! I'm stopping by Rite Aid before work to get some new inserts for my work shoes (I work on my feet all day so they hurt a lot).

Hope everyone's doing well! I hope I have the opportunity to "catch up" on these posts and get to know people better soon!
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I wish that there were more hours in the day so I could get more done. I also wish that my weekly late afternoon meeting gets cancelled so I'm not getting home at 7:30 and I'll have enough energy to exercise tonight.
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    Wednesday Wish- -i wish my coffee cravings would cease...
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes:
    That I can maintain my food plan in sanity today.
    That I can catch up on all my backlog by the end of the month.
    That I can start carving out time to exercise.
    And ... that my cleaner food plan results in sustained weight loss.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Alison, you kind of nailed one of my big challenges. I prepare dinner for 4 other adults and a 15 year old boy who is growing like a weed. I also prepare breakfast & lunch for my 4 year old grandson. But you also reminded me that I do have a DVD of chair exercises that I need to pull out and do! That is my goal today, get those chair exercises done.
    Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Weds. Wish = That I was "normal" again, that I wasn't taking pain pills, that it was tomorrow AFTER my doc appointments, that I was suddenly all healed up, and I could start swimming again.

And.....that Toots appointment goes well!
  • pattynava
    Options
    Wed Wish: That I would stop losing/gaining the SAME weight over & over again:noway: ....Wish that I could get "this" under control..:sad:
    Be Healthy, Be Happy, Be Blessed:heart:
    patty
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: that everyone's wish could indeed come true.

If I have any cravings, let it be for exercise.

Lin
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all!!! I am super swamped and haven't had my laptop at home, so getting to the message boards has been impossible. I will do some reading tomorrow and catch up with each of you as soon as I can. I miss you all!!!!!

Tuesday goals: 36.17 miles to go for Halloween challenge (49 miles in 7 weeks)!!! Woohoo! I may have to adjust my goal UP, if I keep this up!

Wednesday wish: Hmmm right now, my life is going as planned, even with some unplanned surprises popping in. I don't know that I could wish for anything for myself... "the guy" stopped by just to bring me a dozen long stemmed red roses last night (sigh). He is super sweet, and I am definitely leaning towards giving him a chance. Even though I keep wondering what the catch is, or when he is going to turn evil... I am trying hard to just let go and take things day by day.

So my wish is that you are all happy and healthy and stay strong. :drinker:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Weds. Wish = That I was "normal" again, that I wasn't taking pain pills, that it was tomorrow AFTER my doc appointments, that I was suddenly all healed up, and I could start swimming again.

And.....that Toots appointment goes well!

aww thanks. that's sweet.
    Wed Wish: That I would stop losing/gaining the SAME weight over & over again:noway: ....Wish that I could get "this" under control..:sad:
    patty

dude, preach it. i keep doing the same thing too.
    @Toots -- don't you just love doctor's receptionists?

-- Alison

right? at least she isn't seeing me, just checking me in :laugh:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

right? at least she isn't seeing me, just checking me in :laugh:

Just be sure she doesn't check you in for something like a prostate exam......
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Have any of you been messaged by "lightningcrash1981"? It looks like somebody trying to sell something. Not sure I trust them.
  • beachgirl613
    Options
    patty

That could be my wish too! I seem to keep losing and gaining the same 4 pounds for weeks now. :mad:
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I promise I havent fallen off the face of the earth! My work schedule has just been all over, and with class, a lot of times I come to just read and not post.

My Wednesday Wish: More time! I feel like maybe 26 hours in the day would let me get everything done lol.

I updated my started weight to the highest I remember being (262 in March of last year) which makes me even happier because I can see I've actually lost almost 30lbs, and gives me motivation to keep on going, because if I had of stuck with it and not had to re-lose this 14 lbs I'm almost done with, I would be 14lbs lighter.
  • beachgirl613
    Options
    I just updated my starting weight too. I actually like seeing how far I've come since last fall. It makes me even more motivated.
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish :flowerforyou:

That life would stop throwing me curve balls . . . :sad: