Are you anger driven in your workouts?

Options
124»

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    YES.
    It helps me let go of whatever is going on!
    Exercise has worked more magic for me than a year's worth of therapy.

Yes, for sure! I can't tell you how many times I've broken down sobbing after a particularly draining workout. It helps me work things through... Sometimes it's as though I push the pain from my heart into my body and out through my sweat.

That's why I sweat so much. Yeah, that's it.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If I happen to be angry about something, yes, I tend to burn significantly more calories during my cardio. But, I cannot look to anger as a tool/motivation, as I am almost never angry. Annoyed sometimes, but rarely angry.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    When I'm weights I like a bit of Linkin Park - just helps me to push myself a bit harder. When I'm doing cardo I prefer something feel good and funky.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It would be cool if there were a poll option on this forum, so we could get a quick overview of the answers.

I'm not anger driven at all. I actually go the opposite direction and quickly move from anger into depression and lethargy. I react to anger like most people react to physical pain. I try to stay very still until it passes, and activity will make it worse.

Now, if I'm happy or excited about something good and positive, then I can kill it in the gym. Being happy and upbeat is the best way for me to workout.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    There have been times when I thought about feeling angry and imagining throwing weights through the fkin ceiling. Lately I can;t think much else aside from "fck this is heavy!"
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    I don't get angry often but when I am I workout hard. Actually one time, my ex did something earlier in the day that had me seeing red big time! When I got to the dojo later that evening for a private lesson, the guy I was working with got the brunt of it. I was working a takedown combination and he got slammed hard over and over again!
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Nope. In fact, when I push for a new Max weight, I think of kittens, unicorns, and rainbows. There's too much anger in the world already. No need to add more just for a workout. Geesh. :wink:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    No, not generally anger driven.

Did take a full minute off my mile time after a really horrendous breakup once though. 6 months of pure fury will do that to ya'.
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love working out angry. It really helps me work the angry OUT. In fact, when I'm angry, and I can't seem to let it go, I strap on my shoes and go for what I call a "F*** YOU" run. Sometimes, the only thing going in my head are the words "f*** you." It is a great rhythm to run to. Had one this morning, as a matter of fact. Got it all out of my system, figured out a solution to the problem, and was able to move on with the rest of my day!