Gun owners?

Options

Replies

• AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the sound of a gun cocking being your deterrent. In a lot of states that constitutes criminal threatening and now you are the one in trouble. If my gun is out and aimed at someone, it is because it is being fired a millisecond later. Watch your laws people!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Canadian and proud owner of a S&W M&P9 Pro. Light and comfortable to shoot. Love it.
  • brent44622
    Options
    Wow. Definitely an interesting topic of discussion here.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    tzxDh.gif
    :laugh:
    and she had all that time to fire, imagine her in an emergency situation
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    This is so strange to me! aha!
    I'm from the U.K where there are VERY strict regulations for gun ownership including air guns.
    Blah
    My uncle had a rifle but when not in use it has to be kept unloaded in his house within a lockable metal container in a locked cupboard.....

hahaha!

im from the uk too and i really just dont understand the wanting a gun thing =s

The US was founded on the concept that every citizen should be able to own a firearm to defend themself against crime, and worse, a tyrannical government. Remember in your history books, it was those English peeps who didn't want to live their lives with a boot on their neck, so they got in their little boats, rowed across the pond, and said let's make a country where citizens are truly free. THAT'S the fascination with guns. :wink:
  • OlsenG318
    Options
    I don't have a carry permit, and I don't carry one. BUT - I have 3 at home for when the hubby is out of town, or just for target shooting fun.

I have a .22, a 9, and a .45. And I LOVE all three of them. But if someone came into my home in the middle of the night, and I had to grab one, I'd grab my .22 NO QUESTIONS.

It's enough to do damage if shot in the body, enough to kill if I go for your head, and I can control my shot the best. I can handle the 9 and a 45 when target shooting, but in an emergency situation, when your adreneline is rushing, and your hands are shaking, I don't need the extra kick back.

Don't count on it. there was a case where a man took a 9mm shot to the forehead and it just traveled under the skin, never penetrated the bone. Drove himself to the hospital to have it removed. Also, a 22 can be stopped completely by nothing more than a leather jacket or several layers of clothing.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    "Yeah - I actually feel much safer if I know more people are legally carrying guns."

Funny, I feel a lot safer without any guns around.

Also, all that hardwear doesn't seem to be stopping anyone from breaking into your place either.
    Besides, I'd prefer them to take the stuff and let the insurance deal with it that risk killing another person. My things aren't worth a human life.

Amazing things, those cultural differences.

My things aren't worth a human life..........

My daughter is
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Really? How many rapes are prevented every day by guns? You have a verifiable statistic on that?

Rape isn't prevented by owning a gun, it's prevented by teaching men not to rape.
    US Department of Justice statics show that 1 out of 3 women will be sexually assaulted before the age of 25.

Of those, 82% of the victims will personally know their attacker in some capacity.

89% of all thwarted sexual assault and rape attempts are due entirely to the victim effectively fighting/fending off their attacker with either the application or display of force.

Sexual assault and rape are the direct result of a criminal exacting a crime of power, coercion and control over a victim.

It has nothing to do with their lack of education.

I am:
    - Certified DOD Combatives Instructor for Law Enforcement, Military and Private Security firms
    - Certified Firearms Instructor
    - Certified Rape Aggression Defense Instructor
    - 24 year martial artist / 4th Deg Tae Kwon Do / 1st Deg Judo / 1st Deg Jiu Jitsu / E1 Krav Maga
    - A lawyer

- and my new favorite friend.
  • VenomousDuck
    Options
    if you are looking for a smaller pistol with stopping power test out a few of the .380. if you are looking for a pistol with ease of use go for a .38 short barrel revolver. I am partial to Ruger brand, but everyone has their own preference.

if you do go with a .22, I would recommend this ammo.
    love the snub Ruger .38. I also like the Taurus.

I have a Taurus revolver and it is as reliable as an anvil. For personal protection, if you need more than 5 or 6 shots, you are doing it wrong.
  • MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have owned in the past a 9 mm S&W was lovely
    a .38 Taurus Ultra lite hammer-less, good for purses doesn't get stuck when you need it
    but for me it had a bit of a kick, i have nerve damage in my wrists, but i was still a spot on shot with it
    I now have the Walther PK .380 and LOVE IT!

^^^^^ This
    I have a .38 Taurus as well and I absolutely LOVE it!! Dont let this cute face fool you; come into my place if you dare
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    tzxDh.gif

This made me laugh so hard. So. Hard. Oh god. :laugh:
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I was gone. Was in my Learn Not To Rape class. What have I missed?
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Why not go to a gun store together and talk with the experts there? They're very knowledgeable and can probably point you in the right direction. They may even let you test it out before purchasing.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My hubby wants to get me a gun for Christmas and I'm not sure what I want. He's away this week on a hunting trip in the arctic circle and left me his .357 just in case! I have my gun permit and am a fabulous shot according to dh and my dad. :smile:

Just wondering what is a good gun for personal defense. I want something lightweight and not a lot of kick to it. My dad suggested a .22 revolver.

Just looking for suggestions! Thank you!

I would recommend a Glock 26. It's small, concealable, not a lot of kick, easy to handle and it's a semi-auto .9mm. That's what I have.

Also, they're not difficult to strip and clean and they're the best I've run across. I.E. I went to the range and had someone in the lane next to me laughing at the fact I had a Glock. Funny thing, mine never jammed and he was cussing almost constantly because his did.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have a .22. Love it. :)
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    "Yeah - I actually feel much safer if I know more people are legally carrying guns."

Funny, I feel a lot safer without any guns around.

Also, all that hardwear doesn't seem to be stopping anyone from breaking into your place either.
    Besides, I'd prefer them to take the stuff and let the insurance deal with it that risk killing another person. My things aren't worth a human life.

Amazing things, those cultural differences.

Unfortunately, it may be you or your families "virtue" or life that they take. But hey, I'm sure your insurance will cover that too, right?
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This is so strange to me! aha!
    I'm from the U.K where there are VERY strict regulations for gun ownership including air guns.
    Blah
    My uncle had a rifle but when not in use it has to be kept unloaded in his house within a lockable metal container in a locked cupboard.....

hahaha!

The US was founded on the concept that every citizen should be able to own a firearm to defend themself against crime, and worse, a tyrannical government. Remember in your history books, it was those English peeps who didn't want to live their lives with a boot on their neck, so they got in their little boats, rowed across the pond, and said let's make a country where citizens are truly free. THAT'S the fascination with guns. :wink:

i live in northern ireland and peeps have guns here for the wrong reasons if they came into my home and i stabbed them to death i wud be done for it .
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Because guns are awesome. What's to understand?
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Love this :laugh:
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.