Gun owners?

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Isn't there an NRA site for this type of discussion?

Sure, and if you don't want to have anything constructive to add to the conversation you can just not read the post and not post in it.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    No. They only talk about fitness.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options

Don't you have the option to NOT CLICK ON THIS DISCUSSION if you don't have any valuable input??
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

Is that how the Chit-Chat forum is supposed to work? We're suppose to go to external sites for discussions of common topics to avoid upsetting sensitive people?
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

Yes, and there is also a chit-chat, fun, and games section on MFP to talk about it. :wink:
  • _JR_
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's why I left that site!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    It is really disconcerting to log onto a health and fitness site and see a thread about guns. With pictures of guns.

I know it's not the first thread on this subject, and it won't be the last, but urgh :frown:

This IS a fitness site, but this is an "Open" forum. Besides, what's wrong with guns? In the hands of responsible people they are a great thing.

I agree, and she's not sexy by your standards :)
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

My new favorite
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options

IT WAS A QUESTION?
  • JPod279
    Options

LMAO. Beats the chit out of my reply.
  • _JR_
    Options

IT WAS A QUESTION?

Came across condescending to me.
  • JPod279
    Options

IT WAS A QUESTION?

You gotta admit that was a pretty funny response.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Hilarious!!!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Hey, if anyone could possibly figure a way to have a group where we could ask serious questions without people harassing us because we own guns, I'd be interested in joining it. It would be nice for someone like the OP to be able to ask a question without dealing with all the political BS that comes from the uniformed and angry.

I was thinking about making one.. But I found this one too: Gun Lovers UNITE!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Yes, and there is also a chit-chat, fun, and games section on MFP to talk about it. :wink:

Maybe the OP should have posted this there instead of in this section..............
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    An AR15 for HOME DEFENSE? Are you sure? Because I think that would be fairly dangerous to anyone in an adjacent room or apartment, please correct me if I am wrong. The glock 19 or a shotgun I could definitely understand with some 00 shot in there most likely wouldn't go through several walls. Where as an AR15 would go through a few walls...

This is actually a fairly dangerous assumption.

The fact is, just about any firearm will shoot through several layers of sheet rock. In fact, unless you have a brick home or get lucky and hit a stud in a wall, just about any firearm will shoot right through one side of a house and out the other side.

A shotgun will easily shoot through 7 layers of sheet rock. That is 3 and a half interior walls. I don't think there is any room in my house with 3 walls between it and any other part of the house.

With the exception of a .22 all that does is trash the interior wall or the exterior siding in our case.

If you do live in an area where over penetration is a concern you can always opt for fragmenting rounds. They do have some drawbacks to them. For instance, the smaller caliber rounds can lack penetration if the target is dressed in thicker clothing or leather. However, the impact is generally sufficient to knock said target on its *kitten*. Perhaps a better outcome than accidently killing your neighbor.

Here's a bit of info on one particular manufacturer: http://magsafeonline.com/faq.html
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Maybe the OP should have posted this there instead of in this section..............

And miss all this fun? Never!
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please note that certain topics that were formerly off-limits in the public forums are now permitted to remain on the boards, though we strongly recommend utilizing the new Group feature if you are concerned about unwanted commentary on your topic. The moderators will do our best to enforce civil conversation in this thread, and we expect all participants in this thread to abide by the guidelines which you can review in their entirety here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Posts made to publicize existing Groups are allowed in ALL cases on the Public Forums.

Please DO NOT report a post that is advertising a group, or that is proceeding politely and without incident.

If you start a new topic on the Public Forums, please use the following guideline as a filter:

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.

At our discretion, this thread may be locked or deleted at any time..

With respect,

Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.