Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Dry Wit? Geek / Nerd? Need Friends / Support? Me Too!!

Replies

• Beardless Riker makes Ensign at best. How could they have possibly promoted him to Commander looking like such a doofus? That guy would have been a regular old redshirt on the OS without his facial hair.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    The spice must FLOW!
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Have you seen the first 3 episodes of the new season of Doctor Who????????????????
    Matt Smith is amazing!

How about Farscape, anyone heard of that?!

Love the Farscape! "I'm in some sort of a living...ship.."
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Hi, there !

I feel like such a late bloomer, having only just discovered Dr. Who and Torchwood this past spring ...... OMG ..... I'm in love with all of it ...... even my husband watches the reruns with me ...... but he hates the Daleks & makes me keep the volume turned down low for those episodes !

We grew up with Star Trek, and then Star Wars ...... (not comparing either) ...... then my husband found Stargate & Stargate Atlantis for me ...... I take back all the bad things I ever said about him :laugh:

LIFE IS GOOD !
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    WOW, Either the number of us Geeks or nerds on MFP is VERY low.... or everyone else is fooling themselves thinking they aren't one!! lol

There are whole groups on here devoted to us geeks :P Have a search in the group area :P

EDIT: here is a group that is the most active

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squid
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Whovian reporting for duty.

I used to be old but i regenerated into a younger form, and now i wear a stetson, we all know thats cool

Not as cool as a bowtie. ;)
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member

Holy Crap... Farscape... now THERE's a name I haven't heard in a long time!! lol

So Netflix could become your new best friend as well. I missed a few episodes the first time through and am finally filling in the gaps.
    How about Lexx? Or Space Precinct?

Oh.....and....."But it was funny, huh?"
  • <<nouveau geek here, Star Wars by marriage, whovian by choice, brown coat by choice (bring it back Joss!!)

Feel free to add me!!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Nice to see so many of you! I'm an engineer so that's practically being a nerd for a living. Plus Star Trek, Star Wars (love them both, though I married into the Trek), DnD tabletop, LotR, WoT, videgamer with MMORPGs, old Lucas Arts games, Portal (someone's avatar beat me to this), Mass Effect...anything sci fi / fantasy I am probably a fan!

Feel free to add me as a friend if...
    You know Undiscovered Country was the best Star Trek movie
    You know Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars movie (and there are only 3)
    There are four lights
    The cake is a lie
    Or maybe you just geek out with spreadsheet after spreadsheet to track your weight loss like I do!
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Feel free to add me as a friend if...
    You know Undiscovered Country was the best Star Trek movie
    You know Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars movie (and there are only 3)
    There are four lights
    The cake is a lie
    Or maybe you just geek out with spreadsheet after spreadsheet to track your weight loss like I do!

Ok.. Rev. Jim Ignetowski as a Klingon?!?! REALLY?!?!?! Sorry...Voyage Home... Spock Swearing... EPIC!!!

There ate more than three?!? lol "Laugh it up, Fuzzball!!"

I'll buy that for a nickle...

still stuck on "Cake or Death?" lol

Does having a spreadsheet that converts new weight to percentage of weight lost and a graph count??

lol
  • gse313
    Welcome... WELCOME MY MINIONS!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Minion did good? Does minion not get beaten then?
  • gse313
    I thought the beating WAS the reward!! :devil:
  • Ahem. I am a henchwoman. Or at the very least, a lackey.
  • Cryssy27
    Cryssy27 Posts: 42 Member
    <-- I am a nerd and proud of it! I love Star wars, Babylon 5, Firefly, Mis Fits, and my more I can't seem to remember. My table top stuff has been D&D 3rd ed. and 4th ed. though many purists hate 4th ed but I loved it! I love my current mmo Ever crack 2 *cough* I mean Ever Quest 2. I will need to check out this *Dr. Who* business everyone talks about! My friends love it so maybe there is something to it huh? Add me if you like!

• There are four lights

No, there are five. Are you quite sure?
  • gse313
    Ahem. I am a henchwoman. Or at the very least, a lackey.

I'll give you Henchwoman... I reserve Lackey for the folks at Groundspeak!! LOL
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Moon... Glad we could be of service!! ;-)

Nerdybre... Haven't checked into the new shows... with the crazy schedule I keep, I am at the mercy of what BBC America allows my cable company to put on OnDemand

I discovered Sherlock and IT crowd on Netflix. I have to watch all new BBC stuff on ONdemand too. As of late, I am rewatching Buffy. I can't concentrate on anything new since my life is topsy turvy right now, so Buffy it is for now.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    <-- I am a nerd and proud of it! I love Star wars, Babylon 5, Firefly, Mis Fits, and my more I can't seem to remember. My table top stuff has been D&D 3rd ed. and 4th ed. though many purists hate 4th ed but I loved it! I love my current mmo Ever crack 2 *cough* I mean Ever Quest 2. I will need to check out this *Dr. Who* business everyone talks about! My friends love it so maybe there is something to it huh? Add me if you like!

Once you watch it, your life will never be the same. Ever time I hear a noise that sounds like the TARDIS, I get all fangirl squeaky and wanna run out and catch The Doctor.
  • kelp99
    kelp99 Posts: 101 Member
    My people, I have found you!

I have always been a sci-fi nerd thanks to my dad and older siblings. Buck Rogers, Lost in Space, Dr. Who, Star Trek, Star Wars all things I watched when I was younger. No one has mentioned Stargate or Andromeda?!?! Mutant X was also not a bad show. Of course good sci-fi is hard to come by on TV nowadays. Haven isn't too bad . I do love the BBC's Sherlock and 3 episodes per season is just not enough. I'm waiting to see if the Red Dwarf relaunch (same original actors) is going to make it on to tv over here.

I'm also a gamer nerd and Final Fantasy is my addiction. But when I saw the atari collection for playstation I had to buy that, I mean megamania, frostbite, pitfall, asteroids and tunnel runner - what's not to love.

Oh and uh....Thank you for flying Church of England, Cake or Death....