GUYS ONLY !! Show me your BEFORE and AFTERs

Options
I would love to have a thread with just the success stories of the men on MFP :) My hubby is starting to work out with me and I think it would be great for him to be inspired by men's stories.

Please include how much cardio/weights and how many calories/protein you ate !! This is important because I think people don't realize just how much quality food or protein it takes to build muscle when you are a man !

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Down 45+ (263) so far from June 2011(310). 80 to go.
    Already got a neck back.
    I do low carb high fat that is quite similar to what my niece was recommended for type 2 diabetes. (She was no longer clinically diabetic after just 6 months)
    Because of arthritis in my feet I do a lot of swimming. Worked my way up to 2 miles. Occasionally a 5K (110 laps). Worked with a trainer to kick start proper weight training. My trainer looks like a shorter version of Michael Clarke Duncan. :)
    With still a long way to go, I like the results so far.

Jun11Sept12_zps0e9c9065.jpg
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Elliptical Machine 3-5 times a week. Burning 1000-1080 calories for one hour.
    On days I workout I eat around 1800 calories. I'm so hungry right after.
    Eating 1300 calories on days I don't use the elliptical.

22489386_5038.jpg
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I do 6 days of workouts a week. 2 days a week I play full court basketball, 2 days of personal training, and 2 days of running 3-5 miles. I used MFP diary exclusively. I ate back half of my exercise calories and tried to exceed my protein macro every day (i didnt always get it right)

beforeafter2v.jpg
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    Bump! This is awesome. I know some of the guys complain that there is nothing for them. Well, here it is!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    BeforeAfterTimeline.jpg

right click then choose view image to see the full spectrum.

Prior to the '08 pic. I was about 15lbs heavier, but have no pick topless of me then. I did 2 rounds of P90X to get to the '08 pic, then did 5 more rounds of P90X, last round ended in Feb 2012 (completed that one with a 20lb weighted vest) Since Feb 2012, have started a program more aimed at heavy lifting compounds movements.

I weighed the same in the '08 pic and the one on the far right
    IMG065.jpg
    This is the one on the far right of the timeline one and is from the end of June 2012

To get to the latest pic, I lifted heavy 4 days/week. A,B format (Mon, Th workout A, Tues, Fri workout B) with 1 day of cardio (25 min) on Wed.
    My diet consisted of a wight loss goal of 0.5lbs/week 5days/week did this 250 cal deficit, and ate maintenance on weekends) I aimed for 30% protein (120-150 grams/day)
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my BA actually I messed it up, the before is on the right, after on the left. My Dyslexia kicking in :tongue:
  • timax52
    Options
    Inspirational, you look like a different man. You now look ready for the Iron Man challenge.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    aftern.png
    beforeu.png
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am down to 178 right now, but the most recent picture I have is at 188 from last month.

188-lbs.jpg

I concentrated on cardio for the first 9-10 months or so with very light strength training but over the past month or two, I strength train four times a week and have dropped the cardio to 25%.
  • desirae1983
    desirae1983 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks great! Awesome job, guys!!!
  • hunkycanuck
    hunkycanuck Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great work guys!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/745779-two-years-of-fun

I think the decision to do cardio is largely preferential. I did none because I can't stand it.

Protein needs will vary but 1g/lb LBM should be a good baseline.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    aaron2010.jpg
    aaronnike_zps7516b93c.jpg
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm in shock! You guys look amazing!! I can hardly believe it's only taken some of you months even a year to make such drastic changes! Amazing!! Keep up the good work...whatever it is you're doing is working!!

RJCELMER...all I can say is wow, GREAT job!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Awesome job guys !! Keep them coming !

He is going to love looking at this thread. So nice for a guy to not have to weed through the "before and afters" pics threads where every 20th entry is a guy LOL
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    Started this Dec 2010 at 289lbs.....
    kevinfat.jpg

Here I am now at 199

kevinsidebyside.jpg

KEVgunSHOW.jpg
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Great job guys :) -- Looking good *smile*
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    These pictures are amazing! Great job guys!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Not quite before, but 1 week after I started on MFP. In the pics, before weight is 214 lb and after weight is 160 lb. Started out using some Power 90 videos just to have a routine - what worked for me was having some set program that I tried to stick to. Did P90X and Insanity. Am now training to run a half marathon (running 3x a week, and doing bodyweight/dumbbell circuit training/core exercises 3x a week). As for eating, my daily food calories was based on what MFP set for 1.5 lb loss per week, then reduced to 1 lb, and currently 0.5 lb, while on sedentary lifestyle. Try to eat back most of exercise calories. Basically slow and steady over 16 months.

I set my macros at 40C/25F/35P, but generally follow 1 g protein/1 lb LBW and ~0.5 g fat/1 lb BW.

16months_beforeandafter_zps732184df.jpg
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I started in April of 2011 at 285 lbs and a 40 inch waist. Now, I am down to 196 lbs and a 32 inch waist. When I started, I had higher than normal blood pressure (was almost in need of high blood pressure meds), I had sleep apnea, ran out of breath easily, was always too hot and uncomfortable, and got sick often. I had been working shiftwork (nights and days) for 14 years straight. I wouldn't say I ate terrible food, but I was pretty inactive. Probably on my way to a heart attack.

Now, I switched to working days only, workout about 6-9 hours a week, and eat healthier. I am stronger, faster, healthier, and have a resting heart rate of 46 and normal blood pressure. Oh, and I haven't been sick for over a year.

Before @ 285 lbs:
    100_0126.jpg

After @ 196 lbs:
    Hiking
    20120619_114608.jpg
    20120723_153958.jpg
    20120730_131344.jpg

Mountain Climbing (and posing) :)
    20120809_132338.jpg

Posing :)
    Untitled.jpg

20120920_112450_zps706bd881.jpg

My food diary is open for anyone who wants to look at what I eat. I'm not perfect, but it worked for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!