Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Bohemian Coast said:
    "Meanwhile, I get what you're all saying about counting the calories from rumpy pumpy, but I'm not sure I'd be scoring a lot. "Brisk calisthenics - 48 seconds"... ":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

been a while for me - :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    been a while for me - :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Sing it, Sister.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    well, i had my appointment. apparently my EQG was clear so they aren't entirely sure what's causing it so i was given a bunch of blood tests and they'll get back to me. but at least it isn't A-Fib. yet anyway. just an A-Flutter? :laugh:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Well, apparently I just threw caution to the wind at lunch. We've been preparing for our annual employee appreciation day that is being held next week and were treated to lunch today. I did NOT make a healthy choice - I have an addiction to sweet potato fries. Granted I didn't eat all of them, but I did eat all of the grilled chicken club sandwich they came with. Of course the sandwich contained all things I don't eat anymore - two kinds of cheese, and not one but three slices of bread (albeit wheat bread). All I can say is that its a good thing today is my cheat day and that I have a workout planned for after work, hopefully that will make up for some of my very bad decision. :grumble:

Toots~Glad the EKG didn't show anything today, hopefully the blood test results will be good news as well.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    Toots~Glad the EKG didn't show anything today, hopefully the blood test results will be good news as well.

thanks. i actually hope the blood test does show something so that it can be fixed. because i won't be happy with 'we don't know why'
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,124 Member
    Options

thanks. i actually hope the blood test does show something so that it can be fixed. because i won't be happy with 'we don't know why'

Toots - I understand what you're saying, I'd want to know what the heck was going on! Hope you get an answer soon.

Lin
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Desperately trying not to get lost :laugh: . Maybe one day I will be able to bet back into this game.

I miss you guys :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

I completely understand that.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Desperately trying not to get lost :laugh: . Maybe one day I will be able to bet back into this game.

Bella - we understand you have your hands full - at least there is the hint that you're lurking to get some comfort (((HUGS))))

we love ya, gal!!! :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

Toots - I understand what you're saying, I'd want to know what the heck was going on! Hope you get an answer soon.

Lin

me too! :heart: and I loved your A- joke!
  • tootsanderson
    Options

Lin

true dat.

poor bella. chin up. we're all here waiting for you.

thanks robin.

today we discovered that my husband's orders to san antonio in november have been moved to may. this is the second time it has changed. sigh. gotta love the military. because if you don't they get mad...
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

So good to read all of your posts. An amazing group of people here. Truly inspiring how you keep plugging away.

Friday fitness : I will be doing the Women Celebration Fitness tomorrow in Boise starts early. it has many levels to it my wave is the non competive walking. Its 3K but they have 2 finish lines the 3k and 1.5 rfinish line. That is my goal. I'd like to do the 3k but will be ok with 1.5. the biggest thing to me in all of this is that I am taking part in something not watching on the sidelines. In the pasts if I couldn't do it pefectly I wouldn't like i had to be 110 and perfect but hey I am not and I am going to live my life and have fun.

Wishing everyone a good evening. I will post replys to all tomorrow.

Liz
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    A long week has come to an end and I am thrilled. I really want my weeknights to calm down and the stress of meetings at school to go away.

Robin E- Congratulations.

Robyn T- You look wonderful.

Very tired tonight it was an emotionally draining day. Luckily, I did climb tonight so that was helpful and relaxing plus rewarding.

Teachers you will understand this: My student teaching intern was in school today and I gave my 8th graders a quiz only 14 including a BCR. She willingly graded the quizzes for me (2 out of 3 classes). She learned how long it takes to grade quizzes that are not scan tran and have a BCR attached. Needless to say she saved me about 4 hours of work this weekend. She also realized how difficult it can be to follow the writings of the kids and how frustrating it is when they answer part of the question but miss key ideas. She learned a wonderful lesson today. Mid term grades are due on Monday.

Have a great weekend.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I ate out and came in under 1200 again.:happy: DH likes Golden Corral so we ate there. I hadn't eaten much all day and was very careful there. My favorite thing is that I found out that their coconut cream pie tarts are only 100 calories. I love them, but I was afraid it would blow my whole day. So happy that it didn't!
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I can't believe its almost 11 PM and I am only now getting on here.:huh: I learned a valuable lesson at lunch today, don't try to eat pizza with diverticulitis and an upset stomach from the antibiotics. Don't know what I was thinking, but after a couple of bites I gave it to Belle and she had sense enough to not eat it either. I am feeling better and spent most of the day and evening at my middle son's home. Got to enjoy 5 of my 10 grandkids tonight. This Sunday I am going to the KC Zoo for the first time in about 3 years and I plan to walk it this year instead of having to be pushed in a wheelchair. At least my walker has a seat so if I get tired I can sit down.

robin, great news!
    toots, I hate it when they can't figure out what is going on, hope you get an answer.
    Morgori, don't drink too much of the expensive stuff!
    To those having bumps in the road, I am praying the road smooths out for you, for those of you basking in success, congrats and for all let's keep on with this journey together.

Christine
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    >Shakin' those tail feathers<
    >Happy dance<
    Saw my doctors today and the good news is I am cancer-free - WOOT WOOT WOOT! I just have to be checked once a year, no treatment, no nothing!
    And my first post-op appointment went great too. ALthou I cannot do things like vaccuuming and lifting, my surgeon released me to swim! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!! I am so happy I am:

>shakin' those tail feathers<
    doin' the happy dance! :love:

Robin - This is AWESOME news!!! I know you had so much going on with your surgery, recovery and then having to get this test done. I had a few scares myself and had four spots removed, but luckily mine came back negative as well. Cancer free!! Thank goodness!! Sooooo happy for you!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    @MyMowMOw--That is a great NSV. I can't wait for that day myself.

@Susan2396 -- I am glad that you are having success here at MFP and its clicking. Its a great feeling!

I can relate i can remember the feeling I had when I finally went below 300lbs it was such an excitment till I realise how far to go. But I my get mad at myself but I know this weight didn't come on over night and won't go off overnight. This is a journey and I am committed for the long haul.

Thursday Truth is I am very overwelm by my weekend way over committed.

Liz

Thanks Liz!! I've battled my weight all my life. I cannot even fathom how many sliders, books, etc. . . I've gathered over the years from Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, and every other diet plan. For some reason, I just wasn't ready. Now I'm ready and for some reason my tracking on MFP and the amazing people I've met has helped me so much. I'm trying to look at my loss in 10 lb increments. I want to lose 10 lbs 15 times. I've lost 2 so far and only 3 lbs from 3 - 10 lb losses. I have 12 more to go. Woo Hoo!!! We can and will do this!!!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    I can't believe its almost 11 PM and I am only now getting on here.:huh: I learned a valuable lesson at lunch today, don't try to eat pizza with diverticulitis and an upset stomach from the antibiotics. Don't know what I was thinking, but after a couple of bites I gave it to Belle and she had sense enough to not eat it either. I am feeling better and spent most of the day and evening at my middle son's home. Got to enjoy 5 of my 10 grandkids tonight. This Sunday I am going to the KC Zoo for the first time in about 3 years and I plan to walk it this year instead of having to be pushed in a wheelchair. At least my walker has a seat so if I get tired I can sit down.

robin, great news!
    toots, I hate it when they can't figure out what is going on, hope you get an answer.
    Morgori, don't drink too much of the expensive stuff!
    To those having bumps in the road, I am praying the road smooths out for you, for those of you basking in success, congrats and for all let's keep on with this journey together.

Christine

Good for you!!! You're going to enjoy the zoo so much. It's great to have your walker with the seat just in case, but you're going to be so proud of yourself as you walk. Hold your head up high and enjoy all the animals!!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I decided to take a day off. I've worked out every day this week and just needed a breather, but I do know tomorrow I'll be right back at it. If I can handle the pool, I may try to get some swimming in. The temp is really starting to cool off so my outdoor swimming may be coming to a halt. Good week and I'm still right on track. Life is good.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: Ok I wouldn't call this a success by any means- I have recently been getting caffeine headaches and migraines A LOT. My fiance challenged me yesterday to another little halloween challenge due to the fact that I'm retaining water! So I've been limited to water, cutting down my sodium and my sugar intake. That's great and all but my mom made me have soda today due to the caffeine headache that was sneaking up on me throughout the day. Granted today I've averaged probably around 10 glasses of water (which in itself is a success) BUT I kinda wondered how I can stop the headaches. They make me feel like doing nothing but sleeping- no exercise, not even wanting to get out of bed and make me physically sick when they go into a full blown headache. What should I do? :'(