What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options

Replies

• ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Well this isn't about weight... more about clothes....
    My grandmother said to me one day, "Lisa.... you look nice, for once."

I used to get something all the same lines to me but it was " you could be so pretty if you'd just try."

ummm....i though i was....:frown:
  • AliDarling
    Options
    Back when I had a gym membership last year, some lady on the eliptical next to me struck up a conversation. It was nice at first, but then it went, "You shouldn't worry. as long as your boobs are bigger than your stomach, no one reall notices."
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been getting this one a lot

"You look great for your age"

:grumble:

I don't mind this one, in fact I make it work for me. I tell everyone I'm about to turn 60. I look incredible for somebody about to turn 60! (Not so much for someone 51.)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You would look so great with a little makeup -.-
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Back when I had a gym membership last year, some lady on the eliptical next to me struck up a conversation. It was nice at first, but then it went, "You shouldn't worry. as long as your boobs are bigger than your stomach, no one reall notices."

Doesnt that just piss you off. Geez thanks. I'm fat but i guess not that fat. :huh:
  • AliDarling
    Options
    :explode: ell me about it. "you're fat, but as long as you got big boobs it's ok."
  • Givenitmybest
    Givenitmybest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you were thinner, your mom would need to worry, guys would be all over you like bees on honey (said to me when I was in highschool)
  • Sistanorfolk
    Options
    A co-worker said " Oh my, you have lose weight and you have skinny legs too" Well I have always believed it you can dish it out...you should be able to take it. So I replied, "Oh my, your legs are the biggest thing on your body have you consider going on a diet?" I smiled and walked away :)
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    "You look 100% better with that haircut!" and "I wish I could pull off that outfit" Hummmm... How bad did I look before and what exactly was I pulling off?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    As a grad school intern (20 years old), I wrote, designed and presented a SEXUAL HARASSMENT AWARENESS/PREVENTION (wait for the irony) training program for senior management of a large pharmaceutical firm.

The program was successful and rolled out at HQ in groups of 25-30 people at a time from all locations, over several months. At the last session the VP of HR was present (60-ish years old, male). After the program, he approached me to congratulate me on all my hard work; then in the next breath said, "well I bet you're relieved you won't have to do this much longer -- you'll snag a husband any day now".

Stupid moron. Less than 10 years later, I was the VP of HR.
  • Ashlee2421
    Ashlee2421 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a tiny best friend that says little comments sometimes that get at me.
    Especially cuz she used to be chubby too so she should know better.

Like the other day for example, when we were costume shopping
    it was "well they might have a bigger one that might fit you" followed directly by "Oh heres a medium, might fit me but it will probably be too big" then she giggled.
  • cookingcow
    cookingcow Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would let you borrow my clothes but... You will probably just stretch them out :-/
  • hina2584
    hina2584 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The one that hurt the most:
    "Damn baby you used to look good, what happened?" :indifferent:
    seriously it ...............................
  • il_duce
    Options
    You look like a young harry bellafonte, if he'd been ill and white.

Apparently I should take this as a compliment...how?
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You always look nice because you dress for your weight.

Um...thanks?

Yep, had that one more than once!
  • AliDarling
    Options
    this one just happened a few minutes ago. My daughter (2) loves finding nemo. espically the part about the jellyfish going boing boing. so she comes up to me, give me a hug, says "mommy! boing boing boing boing." while poking my stomach.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    "Lose a few more pounds and the guys should be on you like kids to a birthday cake."

He really did mean well, but it hurt because I thought I was already fairly attractive the way I am now. :sad:
  • miltongurl05
    miltongurl05 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

He really did mean well, but it hurt because I thought I was already fairly attractive the way I am now. :sad:

You are attractive the way you are now, hun! Just because you aren't a size 2, that doesn't make you unattractive! I, personally, would choose my size over being a size 2 any day! I do want to lose weight and tone up, but I want to be at a healthy weight and size for ME.....no one else! Stay strong, positive, and keep up the good work! :wink:
  • miltongurl05
    miltongurl05 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    this one just happened a few minutes ago. My daughter (2) loves finding nemo. espically the part about the jellyfish going boing boing. so she comes up to me, give me a hug, says "mommy! boing boing boing boing." while poking my stomach.

Kids are so innocent and naive to what they are saying/doing. Your daughter loves you and enjoys playing with you! That was her way of showing love and affection.......and it is cute! I used to tell my mom she was a nice pillow to lay on when I was a little. That probably didn't sit with her well, but I was young and didn't know how to choose my words wisely at the time. I wasn't intentionally being mean.

Btw......Your daughter is precious! :smile:
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    " You are a pretty girl if only you lost some weight"