What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options

Replies

• facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    Options
    Someone once said I had great birthing hips...wth?!? Are there really any good or bad hips when it comes to having a baby exit your hu hot?!?
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but can somebody here help me understand how on earth "You carry your weight well" is an insult?

I've said that to a few people before. It's a COMPLIMENT. If I'm chatting to a girl who is my height, and weighs 30lbs more than me yet looks skinnier than me, I'm SHOCKED. I can't believe someone who looks that good weighs that much.

Being told you carry your weight well means that you look FAR skinnier than how much you actually weigh. How could that possibly be construed as an insult in any context?? It's not implying that you're fat, quite the opposite. It's implying that you look GOOD.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I had some one tell me " I thought you were a white girl! You dont have an accent" Um....(no offense to white people of course) but do all Mexican's have to talk like gangbangers and have a freakin accent and look like apacolypto indians?:huh:

The other one was " Arent you skinny enough yet? Thats just like saying saying I was anorexic or something...maybe because we both has stated how fat we had got, and we were going to make a change and lose weight- only she didnt...obviously:grumble:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    From my Grandma: " of course, I'd rather be smart than beautiful honey".

From my husband: "except for the tops of your legs, you're actually quite thin". :huh:
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I frigging, frigging, frigging HATE "you look very slim in that outfit", uuummm... I am slim, damnit! It's not the f-ing outfit!

Sorry for the anger, I have gotten this a lot over the years!
  • AliDarling
    Options
    I'm sorry, but can somebody here help me understand how on earth "You carry your weight well" is an insult?

I've said that to a few people before. It's a COMPLIMENT. If I'm chatting to a girl who is my height, and weighs 30lbs more than me yet looks skinnier than me, I'm SHOCKED. I can't believe someone who looks that good weighs that much.

Being told you carry your weight well means that you look FAR skinnier than how much you actually weigh. How could that possibly be construed as an insult in any context?? It's not implying that you're fat, quite the opposite. It's implying that you look GOOD.

i find it insulting because you chan't just say i look nice? why bring weight into it
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    "You're the most beautiful fat woman I've ever seen."

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard this, I'd be rich!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    This one I actually found funny at the time and still laugh about it... I was actually pregnant, I was overweight already and it took me a long time to "show" because of that 24/7 "morning sickness" thing - suddenly the last month of my pregnancy bam! like +15 lbs... I stopped to visit some friends and her hubby snuggled up to me and said "Ya ain't been going to Jenny Craig have ya??" And I just laughed and rubbed HIS belly and said "I ain't been seeing you there either!!" From anyone else I woulda been majorly po'd but just couldn't get mad at Danny.....
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    talking to a client of mine about working out an hour a day and she says: " you mean, YOU work out?!".....sigh....yes i am chubby still...but i could workout double as hard and as much as many people i know in my life.
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    "Wow, you're really starting to look like your mother," said the woman who is currently married to my father.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Me: My *kitten* is fat.

Him: That's ok. I like meaty.

:indifferent:
  • pooleekylie
    Options
    When I first started losing weight and my boyfriends sister asked about it, he piped up, "Yeah you should see how flat her stomach is....when she lies down."

I guess I still haven't gotten over that one :grumble:
  • SuzinSullivan
    Options
    "You look beautiful... well, to me anyways". My boyfriend always feels the need to add that onto the end of his compliments and it makes the compliment a negative. What, he doesn't think other people think I'm beautiful too? Guess again buddy!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    "Oh you want to fit into that dress? Well you should get to work on it!"
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    My boss told me " All the officers wanted me to hire the pretty girl, but I didn't, I hired you!" Umm. . .thanks.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    My boss told me " All the officers wanted me to hire the pretty girl, but I didn't, I hired you!" Umm. . .thanks.

hope you're a book keeper, give yourself a raise
  • sonyajoudrey
    Options
    well I was recently to an outing and this lady whom I know quite well was chatting it up with me and she looks at me and says you're a lot bigger than you were a few years ago... I said yeah, maybe it's because of the medications I'm taking ... doesn't people realize that sometimes you really don't want to be the size you are and that you can't help it if medications put weight on you and that it's really hard to get it off 'cause you still take those meds... geesh, she is so self centered anyway and always goes on about herself and how she looks... drives me nuts.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Both from Himbo:

You don't sweat much for a fat lass!
    And him watching me put my make-up on said.............you do not wear enough of that!
    I don't know who Himbo is, but I think you need to ditch him!

^ I agree. That is abusive and cruel.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    The one that hurt the most:
    "Damn baby you used to look good, what happened?" :indifferent:

^ I am really sorry to read this. I know that it must have been very painful for you.
    Please remember that there are many people, like me, that look at your beautiful pictures
    (all the ones you have on your profile) and can't even imagine someone saying something like that to you.
    Hugs. :flowerforyou:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I mentioned to a guy at work who used to be a personal trainer that I had 70+ pounds to lose and he says I really don't look like I do. I know he really didn't mean bad, it just made me feel short and stocky. :(