What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options

Replies

• concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    "Why didn't you tell me you're Hispanic, I guess I should have known from your *kitten*"

When I was a waitress and these 2 women were talking badly about the place in Spanish and I wished them goodbye in it.
    Like if I was Caucasian you'd just have thought I was fat? My thighs/butt have always been my weight gain spot.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    "You have such a pretty face"
    "You don't look like you weigh THAT much!"
  • LuneBleu85
    Options
    This was just a funny case of instant karma I wanted to share.

I was on my first day in a brand new high school and a girl walked up to me. I was painfully shy and was hoping she would want to be friends.
    She said (in the snarkiest tone ever): "What does it feel like?" I gave a puzzled look. She continued: "To be way taller than all the other girls, it must be embarassing.".
    I was crushed. :(

Suddenly a basketball flew out of nowhere and broke her nose. The person who threw the basketball (not on purpose!) would later be my boyfriend of 4 years. True story. :)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My ex explaining why he dumped me for someone else: "My dad is fine with us being friends because he thinks your personality is perfect for me. It's just that he thinks you're too short and big for me to date." I'm 5'4" and at the time I was 120 lbs.
  • deedeehopes
    deedeehopes Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to like you because of your personality.
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This was just a funny case of instant karma I wanted to share.

I was on my first day in a brand new high school and a girl walked up to me. I was painfully shy and was hoping she would want to be friends.
    She said (in the snarkiest tone ever): "What does it feel like?" I gave a puzzled look. She continued: "To be way taller than all the other girls, it must be embarassing.".
    I was crushed. :(

Suddenly a basketball flew out of nowhere and broke her nose. The person who threw the basketball (not on purpose!) would later be my boyfriend of 4 years. True story. :)

LOL!
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You're pretty for a fat chick!
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school, one of the "pretty" girls came up to me and said, "Your so lucky!!!!!!". I looked at her and asked why. She said, "Cause you have the biggest boobs in the class". I was mortified. I legitimately thought about killing myself that night.

I am glad that you did not kill yourself. Bullies are dumb :(
  • djazzhouse
    Options
    Well, you're definitely not starving up north!
  • ncprasad
    ncprasad Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    From friend I haven't seen since college introducing me to his wife

"This guy used to be one handsome MF. Dude, how many lbs have you gained since I last saw you. A 100?"

*kitten* off, only 60 but who's counting?
  • Meganh214
    Options
    My lovely Father in-law said to me that I wear nice clothing for a big girl... lol what a jerk!! Damn rights I look good in my 'big girl' clothing!! Haha Sometimes I have to look at the bright side of things...
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My future mother in law the first time I met her and my son:

Kadin, my son "My Mom has an exercize ball like that! She keeps it in the front closet!"

The Monster in Law: "Oh that's a real good place for it" Rolling her eyes.

Awkward!!! O_o Hence the year long icky future mother in law dread.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    "Hey Slim!" "Wait a minute, that's not funny anymore."
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    "How is your daughter so tiny? It must be her from her dad cuz it's not from you. You've always been big boned."

For the record, i am not "big boned" nor is my husb. anywhere near "tiny." :grumble:
  • ashlensmomma
    ashlensmomma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Pretty for a big girl..
    Such a pretty face..

I would rather be called a fatty than have someone tell me this.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    "There is no way that will ever fit in there."

It did.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    something that's not really an insult,but still makes me feel bad. when ever I'm dieting and my huuby and I visit his dad and step-mom (yes, the jeans mother in law) she knows I'm dieting, and gets offended when I don'tt eat fired chicken, chocolate cake, things like that. she goes on "I thought you liked my cooking, I made this for you." really? Her cooking is awesome, but not diet friendly.
  • Lolacat5
    Options
    "Oh, what a gorgeous baby! Is he your grandson?" Ummm, no. I guess I just look about 20 years older than I am. Great.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    you look pretty for a black girl :huh:
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Im not sure if this is an insult yet I somehow always feel insulted when its said to me. "you look amazing for a mother of 6" (not sure what to make of it) also when told I was a mother of 6 the lady said "but you're so beautiful" wtf?

I'd take this as a huge compliment...