What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options

Replies

• JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    "You're Dominican? But you're so white and have good hair." Seriously???
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My favorite though.....you were so pretty when you were younger!.......uhm.....thanks? :ohwell:
  • r3joe
    Options
    "You're not going to let yourself get fat again, are you?"
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey, at least ya'll get compilments, no matter how rude, lol. I think the worst compliment of all is no compliment-I get that alot, lmao.
  • alvalaurie
    Options
    Hey, at least ya'll get compilments, no matter how rude, lol. I think the worst compliment of all is no compliment-I get that alot, lmao.

I think you have an amazing smile; it shows in your eyes! :smile:
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    "You MUST be a plus size model!" Uhhhh... Yes.... I'll be featured in the "Sport Illustrated-Big Addition" :huh:
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Aww @tlhlion heres a compliment you have a very nice smile :flowerforyou:
  • TexasTroy
    Options

Well thank you:) should I be waiting for the punchline, j/k
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest BEFORE I had kids, my husband's Grandma told me "Marriage has been good to you." I'm not really sure HOW she meant it, but it didn't seem nice.
  • TexasTroy
    Options

Aww @tlhlion heres a compliment you have a very nice smile :flowerforyou:

:) thank you
  • alvalaurie
    Options

No punchline. I call's em like I see's em! And apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so but I said it first!! LOL
  • TexasTroy
    Options

No punchline. I call's em like I see's em! And apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so but I said it first!! LOL

LOL.

my day has been made
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I was told by a 21 year old (I'm 26) "Wow, I did not know you were THAT old, I mean I could tell that you were older, but not THAT much!!"

Me: "Umm... I'm only 5 years older than you... :huh: "
  • TexasTroy
    Options
    anyone that feels they want to , please feel free to add me. Im up for more motivation and in turn give motivation. And I promise I wont give you any odd compliments such as..." ...you look good for not having your two front teeth .." , lol.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Whenever I tell people how much I weigh (which isn't much) it is typically followed by "Wow I would never have guess you weighed that much!"

This would actually be a compliment IMO.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My fav insult ever was when I was doing a clinical in a mental hospital. The lady I was looking after wrote a poem about desserts and asked me what desserts I liked... I told her I didn't really like desserts.

She looks super surprised and goes "Oh, really?? You're not very skinny, I think you'd eat lots of desserts!" And she was so endearing and kind.

So I continue saying I am more of a salty type person. And she goes "Oh makes sense! Water retention!"

Oh and while I was in Africa, we went mountain climbing. And one of the people there was like "You are too fat to climb" And proceeded to try and hit on me. Fat is a good thing in those places.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I got one the other day...which was followed up by a quick cover up.

"ma'am...i can help you over here in the handicapped section"...."oooh you dont look disabled at all!!"

Then she looked horrified and i couldnt help laughing :happy:

I dont have any special needs... ( except chocolate)
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I remember a boy who was always trying to hit on me (a junkie, drop-out, rich kid type) coming to the pool when I was a teenager and making fun of the lifeguard, who was a girl my age. "She has thunder thighs!" he said. I felt sorry for the girl and thought he was being an *kitten*. I said, "I have big thighs, too." The guy looked at my lower half and said "Yeah, but yours aren't nearly as bad as hers." Ew. I can't believe I even remember that. But. Yeah. People are idiots.
  • LeeLee0415
    Options
    went out with my girls who are all slimmer than me and some guy said damn yall sexy, even you (refering to me). Like whats that suppose to mean .lol
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    "You look so great, I didn't recognize you!" lol at least the girl was drunk when she said it. I was like "Umm, thanks."

I'm fond of "You look so good....now!"

Thanks?