What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options

Replies

• cathyg57
    Options
    From my boss, "you look terrible today, I hope you get to feeling better" :ohwell:
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My father n law told me I was as healthy as a horse.
    I've also been asked how far along I am many times while at was at 140lbs and I'm 5'7 1/2.
  • katkrak
    Options
    One of my regular customers asked me if I was pregnant when I wasn't (sigh), and her cover-up was, "It's just that you're glowing! You look so radiant!" (Riiiiight-*****! Haha)
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look wonderful. I almost didn't know it was you...

I hadn't seen this woman in years. I must have really looked a hot mess last time she saw me.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    "You carry your weight very evenly" is a big one I've gotten and "You're just really curvy, don't worry about being skinny" which really means "You're fat and will probably always be, so stop trying." Or maybe that's just what I hear because I'm paranoid...

I've also gotten the whole "you have a really pretty face" thing before too.

OH and HOW could I forget, the one I get ALL THE TIME: "You look good for having a kid." How about just, "you look good"??? Gotta throw that "for having a kid" part in there as if to say "you obviously haven't lost all the baby weight ."
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been getting this one a lot

"You look great for your age"

:grumble:

Well you fuggin' do!! You look great for any age, dammut!
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    can i play with them? (points to man boobs)

they look inviting!

me=headdesk..
  • beckssmith70
    Options
    Both from Himbo:

You don't sweat much for a fat lass!
    And him watching me put my make-up on said.............you do not wear enough of that!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    "You don't look like a chemist."
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I don't know if this really qualifies as an insult, but I always feel offended when someone who has known me before and during the weight loss is, "You've always been a beautiful girl".....Umm...I never really know what to say to this without sounding narcissistic or full of myself because my response is usually, "I've always known that I have been and still am beautiful". My weight did not and continues to not define how I feel about my "beauty".
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Both from Himbo:

You don't sweat much for a fat lass!
    And him watching me put my make-up on said.............you do not wear enough of that!
    I don't know who Himbo is, but I think you need to ditch him!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Are you still going to the gym? You should start going.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    It was good but next time no teeth! Um hello that was my signature move!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    "Sure, you can eat like that now, but wait til you hit 30."

I was 35 at the time. :laugh:

I still get variations of that on here from time to time.
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    A male customer at my old job said " you're pregnant or what? how far along?"

Another one is "you look how I feel"... um thanks.

And my mother affectionatley nicknamed me "La Gorda" as a kid... um...nice. lol o.O
  • cjgillespie
    cjgillespie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So this was not directly intended as a compliment or insult but the other day my mother-in-law was at my house and looking through a box of clothes I had collected from friends to donate to a local shelter. She pulled out a small jacket and commented on how cute it was. I told her I agreed, that Danyelle (my friend) has good taste. Then she picked up another top and said "Oh this must be Danyelles too. Cute!" and I corrected her and said "Actually, no, that one was mine".....and she looked at me and without missing a beat said "Well I just assumed, I mean its so small. too small to be yours."

She says things like this all the time, and doesnt see them as hurtful. She also manages to mention at least once a week how she left the hospital after giving birth to my husband at a lower weight then she was pre-pregnancy. I feel the need to finish the story for her sometimes, Ive heard it soooo many fricking times.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    The one that hurt the most:
    "Damn baby you used to look good, what happened?" :indifferent:
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im not sure if this is an insult yet I somehow always feel insulted when its said to me. "you look amazing for a mother of 6" (not sure what to make of it) also when told I was a mother of 6 the lady said "but you're so beautiful" wtf?

/\ I get the very same comments and I have 6 kids.
  • cjgillespie
    cjgillespie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Another one I got from a guy friend recently. He saw an old picture of me (pre pregnancy, pre depression, 100 pounds ago) and said "It makes sense now. Youve always carried yourself like a hot girl". Uhhh......thanks for telling me I USED to be hot which explains my confidence in my now not-so-hot body?
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    'You look great for someone who's had two kids' Yeaaaah.... just couldnt stop at 'You look great' could ya? :grumble: