What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options

Replies

• Shawty_Ro
    Options
    "you're a beautiful girl, even with that big bum and hips... u know after all you're Italian..."
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

OH and HOW could I forget, the one I get ALL THE TIME: "You look good for having a kid." How about just, "you look good"??? Gotta throw that "for having a kid" part in there as if to say "you obviously haven't lost all the baby weight ."

This.. stop with "you look great". The number of kids I've had doesn't make the appearance better or worse for how I look. Though, I wasn't miffed with an ex telling me. "What??? Seriously, you've had kids and still look like that"
  • AliDarling
    Options
    Ma'am

:sad:

course now that I'm older than that first time, its no bother now...if some smarthat asks for my ID for wine now I just give them a stare down

haha i feel this was too. its ike im 23, do i look like a ma'am to you?
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I was at my usual Saturday gym routine of stairs, body pump, then Zumba. A woman in BP asked what I did before that class and I said stairs and that my total workout was 2 1/2 hours. She said something like "Oh wow! Any idea why you don't have the perfect body???" :cry:

*Edited to add- my immediate response was to say I drink too much wine. Then I thought about it and of course I know I am far from a perfect body but I realized "man that was f8cked up!"
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My poersonal favorite was "Youre pretty graceful for a big girl". I turned around and said "Youre not too wrinkled for an old lady".
  • AliDarling
    Options
    So this was not directly intended as a compliment or insult but the other day my mother-in-law was at my house and looking through a box of clothes I had collected from friends to donate to a local shelter. She pulled out a small jacket and commented on how cute it was. I told her I agreed, that Danyelle (my friend) has good taste. Then she picked up another top and said "Oh this must be Danyelles too. Cute!" and I corrected her and said "Actually, no, that one was mine".....and she looked at me and without missing a beat said "Well I just assumed, I mean its so small. too small to be yours."

She says things like this all the time, and doesnt see them as hurtful. She also manages to mention at least once a week how she left the hospital after giving birth to my husband at a lower weight then she was pre-pregnancy. I feel the need to finish the story for her sometimes, Ive heard it soooo many fricking times.

i have the same issue, but with one of my mother in laws, she says," here, I got some jeans for you. They're too big for me, but they should fit you fine."
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You have such a pretty name - said in that tone we all hate :-( My name used to be rare when I was little and is now still uncommon...its the only "compliment" I ever got as a child - I was fat then too.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised someone your size is so flexible!
    You dance great for a "big" girl!
    Wow, I'm surprised someone your size can ski!
    It's ok you fell, you have the extra padding.
    Really?!
  • AliDarling
    Options
    I was at my usual Saturday gym routine of stairs, body pump, then Zumba. A woman in BP asked what I did before that class and I said stairs and that my total workout was 2 1/2 hours. She said something like "Oh wow! Any idea why you don't have the perfect body???" :cry:

*Edited to add- my immediate response was to say I drink too much wine. Then I thought about it and of course I know I am far from a perfect body but I realized "man that was f8cked up!"

:O i hope you got some kick boxing in for that one
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    My aunt....."you are such a handsome chubby fella"
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

:O i hope you got some kick boxing in for that one

LOL! I let it go as she is older and I have noticed her filter is a bit off. But I do really try not to think about it because-ouch. lol
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    For me it's always "you carry your weight well." But say it back and you're pretty much the rudest person in the world.

LOL...someone just said this to me this afternoon!!!!!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    "You look really young in pictures"... and how do I look in person??
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    "you're cute but i dont find you attractive"
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Girl those pants look horrible on you! (my translation - time to get a smaller size!)
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    My mamaw said, "Wow! What happened to your muffin top?"

I wanted to say "Mario ate it." but my grandma wouldn't have understood the joke.
  • StillChangingAmie
    Options
    This one girl called me a "slut" in my first year of high school. All I could think was,

"You think I'm pretty enough to get around? :'D"
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I was told I dress really nice for being overweight because according to them alot of overweight women don't know how to dress nicely. It was a compliment about the dressing nice part, but basically called me fat while doing it. :(
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look so skinny! Are you sick? Are you on DRUGS?
    -My Mother
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    "Oh, I almost didn't recognise you. You've changed your hair."

Umm, actually, I've lost 63kg (about 135lb) since the last time you saw me!