What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Replies

• SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    you look pretty for a black girl :huh:

LOLOL WHAT?! haha...wow
  • "There is no way that will ever fit in there."

It did.
    :laugh:
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    I also get you dress so cute...........(you know the next part.....for your size and all).......................
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    I went to a family gathering once wearing this black suede shorts and top set. It was really hot. My hubby's Aunt came over and said "gee you lost so much weight since your wedding". I told her that I didn't really lose any weight as a matter of fact I was slightly bigger. But she insisted, "no you were much bigger at your wedding, you look great now" UGH!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    One of my ex's (when we were together) would always look at me and say "You have a pretty face". That's the only compliment he'd give me, over and over.

It felt more like an insult when he'd say it though because of his tone.
    Not sure if anyone knows what I mean, but sometimes you can just tell what someone's thinking.

It was polite, I guess. But kind of a backhanded compliment.
  • lucero22
    lucero22 Posts: 75 Member
    You have a great personality and you're such a pretty girl...to be fluffy.
    ...really? Wth I am not a puppy!
  • "You look good considering you've had two kids."

Gee, thanks. They could just say, "You look good" and then STOP! :)
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Im not sure if this is an insult yet I somehow always feel insulted when its said to me. "you look amazing for a mother of 6" (not sure what to make of it) also when told I was a mother of 6 the lady said "but you're so beautiful" wtf?

HA! You should have said, "How else do you think I conceived six kids? Couldn't keep the husband off me! ;)"
  • I was purposely minding my own business, staring down at my iPad, in the break room at work while my two coworkers were discussing how bad they needed nose jobs. the one stops and says, ""I like your nose, Gina. it's regal. you can pull off a bigger nose. I can't"

oooooookay.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    "You're a really special girl".....said right before I was getting dumped. Over and over again.

I wish just one of those guys could have phrased the "specialness" a little differently. It got a little monotonous, almost as if they had all read the same magazine article on "How To Break Up With A Girl" :frown:
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    "You are out here running after only 6 months postpartum?" (I was told this at my 3rd 5k by some ladies). Other then that, I called "Hey fatty" by some guys yesterday while I was running (its like thank you for reminding me of this factoid :grumble: )
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Not weight related (well, maybe it was) "it's not you, it's me."

What a bull**** statement.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Im not sure if this is an insult yet I somehow always feel insulted when its said to me. "you look amazing for a mother of 6" (not sure what to make of it) also when told I was a mother of 6 the lady said "but you're so beautiful" wtf?

That one is not an insult, you should feel good about yourself........
  • You'll grow into your ears someday....

I had large ears as a child

hahaha I got this all the time too! I was like yeah thanks!! For now I'll just tape them to my head
  • "kate, if you just lost a little weight you'd be unstoppable"
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    I get "you have such a pretty face", "you're really pretty for someone your size" "you have a really great big girl figure" "you must carry a lot of your weight in your tits" and the good old "you look good for someone with 5 kids" ALL THE TIME.

And my least favourite, comes once someone has actually taken the time to talk to me "hey you're actually pretty smart".
    I'm sorry, didn't mean to wear my "stupid" face today, or do they assume I must be a bit thick to have 5 kids at age 30? :grumble:
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    He thought he was scoring brownie points but his burned fast

Him: "I'm guessing you eat pretty well, you are a pretty curvy thing"
    Me: And you are an a-hole, thank you very much, bye.
  • You would be the perfect person to date, but have you ever thought about exercising? I still have to laugh at that one!
  • "You don't look as big as you are". Ummmmm....thanks?
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    I had to play an introduction game at a work-related training and my partner asked me what my hobbies were. When I said running, he laughed a little, sat there for a min or two, then said, "how about we just say motherhood?" :huh: