What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options

Replies

• coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    From a young female co-worker: "Are those new jeans?...I really like them, they make your butt look big". I think she really did mean it as a compliment, but for my generation..."big butt" is not what you want to hear
  • DianeG213
    Options
    My son's getting married next month - my neighbor saw me at the bus stop and said -
    "You've lost alot of weight! I guess you just did that for the wedding, huh?"

(Yeah thanks - very motivating. after October I guess I can bring on the french fries!)
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    When I was in middle school, one of the "pretty" girls came up to me and said, "Your so lucky!!!!!!". I looked at her and asked why. She said, "Cause you have the biggest boobs in the class". I was mortified. I legitimately thought about killing myself that night.
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It was good but next time no teeth! Um hello that was my signature move!

LMAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    "Wow, I can't believe you can be as skinny as you are and still weigh that much. That's impressive! I'm jealous". That would be hubby talking.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    for a while, when i wa on here last and lost 40 lbs, i was feeling good about myself, and my mother in law (the jeans one) said, "wwhne you stop thinking about the weight it will come off." neever said anything about the 40 i had lost,
  • gharman1
    Options
    After meeting up with some School Friends after not seeing them for 22 years. "oh my mum used to say you were a true european beauty - look at you now".
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    "If you can do it, so can I" Like I am some loser who can't accomplish anything.
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend introduced me to his mom over SKYPE and the first thing out of her mouth was "You look so thin compared to Facebook" Ackward!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    not said to me but about me....At least Jerry dresses for his size...what I'm wearing a tent or what?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    You look so skinny! Are you sick? Are you on DRUGS?
    -My Mother

(hushed stage whisper in a very public venue from an acquaintance I hadn't seen in about 6 months, in which time I'd lost 40 pounds: Ohmygod you've lost so much weight...you don't have cancer, do you?)

:huh:
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Last week a guy in the gym told me I look great with my hair longer.
    Then he told me I looked really manly when it was short.:laugh:
  • Elzecat
    Options
    And my personal non-favorite:

"You're such a plain Jane, it's so nice to talk to someone who's not a supermodel or thinks she's all that." I've gotten variations on this one for the past 20 years, from guys who think that the way to compliment me is apparently to tell me I'm not attractive.

Um...thanks? :grumble:
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I've been asked twice if I was pregnant when I wasn't. I was wearing the same sweater both times. I don't wear that one out anymore.
  • Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You'd look really pretty with long hair,
    You don't look like you weigh that much
    You're a big build anyway
    Who need to diet, you'll be miserable hungry (true, but from skinny friend is pain in *kitten*)
    You're only 21, I would have said 31
  • Elzecat
    Options
    Whenever I tell people how much I weigh (which isn't much) it is typically followed by "Wow I would never have guess you weighed that much!"

This would actually be a compliment IMO.

I have gotten this one a lot, especially since I lost weight--people seem to think I am much smaller than the scale actually says...must have good muscle tone or something...it kinda makes up for the "plain Jane" comments....
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    "I love your outfit. What brand is that? Oooooh, I'm envious. They don't make anything small enough for me."
  • danijolson
    danijolson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    "You have such a pretty pregnancy glow! You looks so beautiful!" I have never been pregnant...
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Where did you get your Miss Van ticker image thingy?! <3 Miss Van!!!
  • sanguinepenguin
    Options
    "You should be a model. You know they have plus-size models, right? Why haven't you ever tried that?"

*kitten* off.