Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• tigermom79
    Options
    Happy Saturday all!!! Boy it is cold and yucky here in SE Colorado. Not as bad as the East coast. YUCK!!!!

Well, I did make it on to the wii last night. YEAY.....So I have one more time this week-end and I will have hit my goal. I may make it on both days!!!!

Have a great week-end.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    This is a great idea. I am going to commit to doing 30 mins minimum cardio daily, 15 yoga, and strength 15 twice a week.

I'm excited!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Well I did manage my third day in a row tonight, but I took it a little easier than usual. Just a half hour. Just means i am due for a full hour tomorrow.

So great to see so many getting into it, keep it up!!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'm in the last week of finishing my first thirty day challenge (I've always gotten sick and never been able to complete one since last July). My orange band has started ripping at the base of the handle, which kinda ticked me off. So when I was at target I found the offbrand one that is five dollars cheeper and looks like a yellow jump rope. I've been doing the hardest intensity and omg when I used the yellow band I thought I was going to die. What where they thinking when they made it? It's so short and tight, it honestly looks like a jump rope for a two year old. My arms are killing me today but I'm gonna do it again. Beware of the short yellow rope. LOL!

Thanks for the warning. I actually have the "short yellow rope" from a different workout, and I know that it is tighter than the one that comes with it. I have been tempted to use it, but maybe I will think twice now. Once again, thanks for the warning. On another note, they are color coded, like I think the blue rope is the hardest and the green is the easiest. So anything in-between is definitely harder than the red one we are supplied. Really, that one makes me think of the little bands you get from physical therapy
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    TwentyTen- If your not loosing weight, try raising your calories. Some say that eating below your BMR can trigger starvation mode. If you are loosing weight with 1200 calories then leave it. Each individual is different.

Welcome to Jenna, Neonhorn, Kookla, and anyone else new to this forum that I might have missed.

Tigermom- You and I are almost neighbors. I’m in central New Mexico. Don’t you just love that we are finally getting a lot of snow this winter? I do.

Congradulations to all who have been working out and meeting their exercise goals.

Today I hope to mix things up a bit and do some boxing, running and hula.

Have a great day all and to all of the football fans out there - Let's hope it's a good game today and the refs don't blow it for either team! Go Colts! Go Saints! (My two favorite teams. I will be alternating shirts by quarter starting with whoever wins the toss.)

JAM
  • CABERGLUND
    Options
    I would like to join your group, too. I have recommended Wii fit + to all of my friends esp ones w/kids. My kids can spend HOURS on my wii fit. It's such good excersize for them and it also makes them aware of their food intake and excersize levels. they are young, (10,8,6) but with obesity running so deep in both of our families, the sooner they understand the correlation between calories and excersize the better. I have bone spurs in the heels f my feet so I can't do some of the excersizes, like running and even he obstacle course, but love step and even flapping my arms like a chicken. Enjoy the day everyone! :wink:
  • fozzy33
    Options
    Wii fit was my life saver. I started at 220lbs and Im now 173. I started in Mid October. I get on the wii everyday whether its for 20 minutes or an hour. I alternate the following games:

Wii Sports Resort (Sword fighting, bowling)

Wii Sports (Bowling, Golf, Boxing)

Jenny McCarthy's Shape Up

Wii Fit Plus (Mostly do the step aerobics, bought the Everlast 3in raiser for the balance board and swing my arms with 3lb weights, usually do 20 minutes)

The Biggest Loser ( Alternate the Upper, Lower, Core body workouts and the yoga)

Jillian Michaels 2010 Fitness Ultimatium (Do single exercises and sometimes circuits)
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Wii fit was my life saver. I started at 220lbs and Im now 173. I started in Mid October. I get on the wii everyday whether its for 20 minutes or an hour.

Thanks for that fozzy, very motivating! Congrats on the weight loss and welcome to the team! I have had the wii since Christmas, but only now am getting on it with regularity. Your post will inspire me to keep it up.

Glad you can join us too caberglund. Seems the team grows everyday! I do the chicken.. er duck flapping thing most days myself. So silly. I am no good at that obstacle course, but I keep trying.

Thanks JAM, I raised the calories just a hair, I think I need to just watch things for awhile before I tweek any further. Its still very new to me, and I know it takes time.

Have a great day everyone!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Got my 45 minutes in just now, and played a little DDR, which I am soo bad at, lol. Today I got a little encouragement from the scale, yay! Down 2 lbs. Nothing to get too excited about I know, but its really the first it has budged at all in that direction. finally feel like maybe this can really happen.

Thanks everyone for the motivation, and thank you my sweet Wii!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    TwentyTen- If your not loosing weight, try raising your calories. Some say that eating below your BMR can trigger starvation mode. If you are loosing weight with 1200 calories then leave it. Each individual is different.

Welcome to Jenna, Neonhorn, Kookla, and anyone else new to this forum that I might have missed.

Tigermom- You and I are almost neighbors. I’m in central New Mexico. Don’t you just love that we are finally getting a lot of snow this winter? I do.

Congradulations to all who have been working out and meeting their exercise goals.

Today I hope to mix things up a bit and do some boxing, running and hula.

Have a great day all and to all of the football fans out there - Let's hope it's a good game today and the refs don't blow it for either team! Go Colts! Go Saints! (My two favorite teams. I will be alternating shirts by quarter starting with whoever wins the toss.)

JAM

Cool....where in NM are you? We are in the SE corner of Colorado, La Junta. It's a little town out on the plains.

Ann
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Ann - I drove through La Junta in 1980. I'm in Tijeras 17 miles east of Albuquerque. JAM
  • csteczynski
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I would like to know how to join this group. I have been working out on the Wii Fit ad Wii Fit Plus since Jan. 4th, 2010. I also bought the biggest loser 30 day jump start challenge.I work out about 5 days a week for about an hour to a hour and a half a day. Please help!!!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I would like to know how to join this group. I have been working out on the Wii Fit ad Wii Fit Plus since Jan. 4th, 2010. I also bought the biggest loser 30 day jump start challenge.I work out about 5 days a week for about an hour to a hour and a half a day. Please help!!!

You just did ! Welcome to the team.
  • csteczynski
    Options
    O! Thank you! :happy: I guess I didn't realize it was that easy. Do people just talk about how they workd out and stuff like that? I'm not real computer smart.:sad:
  • Luvilybri
    Options
    Hello ppl i would love to join. I have the EA Sports Active i just finished the 30 days and i lost 25 lbs. I just started the EA Sports Active more workouts. I went strong for 3 days then my cat died on friday so then i took some days off, but i start back up tomorrow.. I also have a Wii fit
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Yes.,csteczynski its that easy. You can look over the posts here so far and see how we all go on about our Wii activities. Generally we all set a goal for ourselves, and just try and get it done. Read over the other posts in the thread, its a nice group here, you can really talk about anything, but we are all Wii-ing.
    I check in everyday to see how everyone is , and talk about what i did or didn't do that day. So just jump in!

Welcome too rudnesss, SO sorry to hear about your cat, I would be crushed and need some time myself. 25lbs in 30 days is amazing!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    TwentyTen: Congrats on the 2lbs! I'm doing my happy dance for you.

Fozzy: I was just looking into the 3inch raiser, and was so tempted to get it, now, you really having me tempted.

Rudness: Wow, on the 30 day challenge. I just started the EA Active more workouts 6 week challenge, today I finished workout number 6. Then I went to the gym afterwards. I am sorry about your loss, I know that cats can definitely be a part of the family.

I will try to check in more often, but between juggling so much stuff around and just at least trying to get in the days committed on the 6 week challenge, I'm done at the end of the day. Happy wii-ing to all and take care.
  • nikkia75
    Options
    Hope im not too late to join.

i do around 30 minutes on EA Active 5 times a week. I aslo do alot of walking and ive just bought a trampette so im not sat in front of the tv all evening once the kids are in bed & my partner is away.

:-)
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Ann - I drove through La Junta in 1980. I'm in Tijeras 17 miles east of Albuquerque. JAM

Well you will have to drive through again!!! ;) This time stop for a cup of coffee!! ;) We go through Alb. when we go to Arizona or Las Vegas!!!! So we go west instead of east. We have a friend that was stationed there while in the service many moons ago. My dh and he go down there a lot to Truth or Consiquences a lot to see another friend that races cars.

You guys could have kept this weather that you have just shipped up our way!!!! BRRRRRR!!!! I am not a fan of snow at any time other than Christmas!!! ;)

Off to start my day! Hope everyone has a great one!
  • neonhorn22
    Options
    I love reading all the posts in here! It's such good motivation to know that people are sticking with the Wii Fit Plus and losing weight that way! I'd love to just drop the elliptical because it's boring and tires me out easily! I've seen a lot of you talking about the EA Active.

How do you like that? How does it compare to Wii Fit Plus. I've been thinking about buying it.

I did 65 minutes on my Wii Fit Plus yesterday. I did 30 mins. of yoga (just about every pose they had), and then did 35 minutes of aerobics. According to Wii Fit Plus, I burned 361 calories!