Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @sweetalker - I don't focus on the large number I have to lose as it would depress me as well - but small chunks of the large number are doable and gives me an opportunity to celebrate victories along the way. Maybe a small thing like changing your ticker to reflect pounds lost would help rather than looking at how much you want/need to lose. The pounds lost gives me a sense of accomplishment whereas if I were to log in everyday and see that I still need to lose 100 lbs it might make me throw in the towel. Just a suggestion :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree with Glowworm! My current 'goal' is actually just to get below 220 but Mid October. The one after that is 200 a by Christmas (preferably BELOW 200). If the goals are too big it gets overwhelming.

:smile: Enjoy your journey. Learning how to eat healthy to KEEP you at your weight. How to invent/modify recipes that facilitate your weight loss. Find an exercise you like and really get into it for enjoyment not because you have too. Learn to appreciate the NSVs (Non scale victories). The first time you can tie your shoes by just bending over (that was a happy one for me). Realizing you fit in your vehicle better. My first bath (that there was more water than ME) was *amazing*. The first time you realize you've been standing for a while and you're not huffing/panting/ OR sweating. :drinker:

Welcome and keep plugging at it. We'll all get there....together!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen your response to Tina fits me perfectly as well. I started the school year off on a positive note but now I am totally overwhelmed. Between the during school meetings, after school meeting and events, grading etc., I feel like there is no time for anything else in life and I am exhausted by the time I get home. The gym which use to be my stress relief has been pushed to the back burner as I struggle to find the time to go. Hopefully, things will get better for all of us.

Robin- I love both ideas for the October challenge. Thanks for reminding us that our varies within 10 pounds. Helps to keep things in perspective.

MyMOwMOw- Congratulations on reaching 100 lbs lost. I love the comment about your doctor in a bathing suit.

No major successes to report this week. Just trying to relax and decompress this weekend but alas grading papers awaits.

State of Matter quizzes 1/31 (Student intern graded the other 60-Thank goodness for huge favors)
    Graphing quiz 0/ 90
    Events articles 0/120

Hope everyone enjoys tomorrow.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--sorry you've been so busy as well :grumble: --oh, and where do I find one of those interns? :wink:

Saturday Success:
    Well I finished the 15 essays I wanted to complete, but it took longer than I thought it would so by the time I got home it was too late too grade. The good news is that with only 11 left for tomorrow, I have plenty of time to either go for a run or to the gym.

May try to get through some of the AP tests tonight--we'll see...

Grading goals:
    1. 38/49 AP essays
    2. x/22 I/D clause practice
    3. 22/22 ACT practice tests DONE!!!
    5. x/11 AP analysis activities
    6. 58/58 V for Vendetta archetype charts DONE!!!
    7. x/49 AP unit tests
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree with Glowworm! My current 'goal' is actually just to get below 220 but Mid October. The one after that is 200 a by Christmas (preferably BELOW 200). If the goals are too big it gets overwhelming.

i'd love to be 200 by christmas but i'm not sure that's possible. it would be nice though. maybe i'll make it a goal anyway and see what happens :laugh:
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @Robin- that sounds fun! Count me in- I'll get some base measurements tonight since September's almost over.

@Skinny- I hadn't thought of pomegranate in green tea! I've never had it but I've heard tons of great things about it. I think I might try to transition over to plain green tea too. I think I will try to keep some caffeine in my diet in some form.

I would also like to add to everyone today- I am greatly indebted to you for the advice. I've learned a lot and I've also heard great ideas to help with my headaches and how to keep caffeine in my diet in healthier ways. I thank you all very much and I hope I can return the favor in the future. =D
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

@ Skinny, @Lin@Kah I am with you no way am I ready to give up caffine.
    @Lin Congrats on 35 miles awesome
    @Susan, I like takig it in small steps too. It is amazing how mfp is working for us. I always was looking for that magic thing. Its so simple and so hard in a way. Keep track of your food and portion control. My Mom always would say everything in moderation. It has taken me 50 some years to heed that advice but hey better late than .... :smile:
    @Morgori --Hope you had fun!
    @Robin--I like the October challenge. I am in.
    @I am with Toots and @Gloworm and @MyMowMOw on if I make the steps to big it gets overwelming. that I half to look at this thing in small steps like 250lbs by Christmas etc.

@MyMOwMow Congrats on reaching the 100lb mark.:drinker:
    @skinny Congrats on reaching your goals
    @Christine -- Have fun at the zoo!

I know I am missing people so sorry my mind is going blank right now.

Welcome to all so glad you are all part of this journey!

Liz :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lizmil79
    Options
    @Kaye that is great on how you are redirecting yourself and your red robe sounds great.
    @toots praying and hoping you hear good news on your tests
    @Laurie70 so sorry you are so busy!

Saturday Success! Today was just fun, fun, fun!!!

Start with catching up with friends to be part of the Idaho Women's Challenge it is a run, jog, walk , stroll challenge. I was thinking it was 3k but its 5k . But I did it!!! So fun than came home and able to hangout with my daughter. Took Bella for her walk and able to get a good pace going which suprise me. She loved it. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow.

The scale is moving in the right direction. I sneak a peek this morning before I left couldn't stand not looking anymore.

Well that's it. I hope you all have a good evening.

Liz
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Saturday - is a mess today.
    We were hit by a driver speeding through a red light. Truck is likely a total loss, but people just bruised/shaken. Just got home after spending hours in the ER (I do not recommend a backboard and c-collar as comfort options). Now I'm trying to fend off a migraine.

May ignore the forum for a day or two, & just hide from the world....
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow it takes a loooong time to read all the posts but I love doing it! Really tired tonight as I helped in the 2 & 3yr old classroom tonight at the church. What was I thinking?

I'll try to be more supportive tomorrow - but know I'm thinking good things for all of you!

Saturday Success - have shaved a few minutes off of my daily mile walk - still got a ways to go before I am even in the "Good" category but it will happen. Two weeks ago I didn't even know I could walk a mile so I'm happy with even a little improvement!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Saturday - is a mess today.
    We were hit by a driver speeding through a red light. Truck is likely a total loss, but people just bruised/shaken. Just got home after spending hours in the ER (I do not recommend a backboard and c-collar as comfort options). Now I'm trying to fend off a migraine.

May ignore the forum for a day or two, & just hide from the world....

Oh my! I am so sorry you are going through that. My prayers are with you for comfort and a speedy recovery. Take care of you. :flowerforyou:
  • lizmil79
    Options
    @vicki so sorry about your accident. Sorry about your truck but glad that you are overall ok. Hope your migrane goes away quickly.

Liz:flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @glow--glad to hear you have already seen improvement in your pace--it's amazing how quickly you improve once you get going!

@vickie--oh my! so sorry to hear about your accident, but very relieved that there were no serious injuries. Take it easy for a few days to let your body recover.

@liz--congrats on finishing the 5K!! :drinker: Glad you enjoyed yourself.

@morgori--glad you enjoyed your pub visit :happy:

Found some new types of planks--most are too hard, but I tried a few and am glad to have some variety. Did core work tonight since I didn't make it to the gym or for a run. Tomorrow I will do one or the other depending on weather. I'm excited that I only have 11 more essays to grade tomorrow--hope to get through the rest of those tests as well.

Mon--walk dog + gym (weight machines and stair master) DONE!!!
    Tues--walk dog + core work DONE w/ walk but forgot to do core work
    Wed--long run w/dog DONE and will do yesterday's core work
    Thurs--walk dog + core work DONE walking dog, but still haven't done Tuesday's core work much less tonight's grumble
    Fri--walk dog--didn't walk dog, danced for 3 hours which burned a ton of calories!
    Sat--walk dog + core work DONE!!
    Sun--walk dog + gym (weight machines, stair master, and stationary bike) or long run

Grading goals:
    1. 38/49 AP essays
    2. x/22 I/D clause practice
    3. 22/22 ACT practice tests DONE!!!
    5. x/11 AP analysis activities
    6. 58/58 V for Vendetta archetype charts DONE!!!
    7. 10/49 AP unit tests
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @Vicki, so glad that no one was seriously hurt.
    @Liz, glad that you had a fun day. I watched some of the news cast of the celebration. It looked like everyone was having a great time.
    I went over by 25 calories on my 1200 calorie diet today. That is only the second time I've gone over and the most I've gone over so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I've only been doing this for 2 weeks. I'm sure there will be harder days ahead.

Let's all just keep hanging in there and celebrating the little victories along with the big ones.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success~It was a good week, the scale was much kinder to me this week showing I lost 3.4#. I'm just 7 pounds away from my next goal and then I'll treat myself to a massage.

I just thoroughly enjoyed some bacon with breakfast, my trainer said to start my day without carbs (just move said carbs to later in the day) and add more protein (bacon/sausage really???) - who am I to argue! :laugh: Enjoying coffee right now and then will get some things done around here before heading to the gym for a swim. My body is tired, a lot of hard cardio this week, so decided to swim today and give my body a little rest. Then the usual Saturday of running around - first day of Autumn, but its going to be a hot one here. :glasses: I'll be glad when I can turn off the a/c and open up the house!

Regular or turkey bacon? I actually tried a bacon flavored sunflower seed today. Not too bad. I've never been a big bacon fan, but I do like a good BLT. Just keep the bacon light and add an extra thick slice of the tomato. Yum!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I want to address the issue of our October Challenge. I've been thinking of making it : Count Your Carbs Month.

How does that sound to everyone. I've been noticing an awful lot of people bringing up the subject of maintenance weight, of gaining and losing the same 5 pounds, and I think it would help us if we concentrated on our carbs for a month. As most of us know Our Weight is not One Number, it is a number that flucuates a good 5 pounds on either side of that number, so our "NORMAL" weight is really in a range of 10 pounds. I think that is why it has been so frustrating for so many to see the same numbers on the scale all summer. While we thought we were dieting, we actually were on a maintenance diet.

So I propose for October, a serious push to control our carb count and an effort to jump start our diets and move off of maintenance into losing again.

If we focus the month on educating ourselves on the proper intake of carbs to lose weight we will learn a lot and lose a lot.

Any takers?

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    [/quote/

Carbs is one of the things I definitely track. I'm currently following a 40/30/30 mix - carb/protein/fiber. So far I've been losing very consistently. At some point, I may move to 30/40/30 and see how that goes. For now, I'm staying the same. I would definitely like to follow the tips though. Always looking for tools to learn from. Great idea Robin!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    I love that October challenge idea! I notice my carbs have been slowly creeping up a bit and I'm wondering how it will effect my A1C next week.

Saturday success - Lost enough weight to hit my 100 lb mark this week! Very excited about that. Last night as I was leaving the pool my Dr intercepted me at the door. I didn't realize it but he arrived there just as I did and was in the lap lane next to me (wow, am I oblivious). He told that I "out swam" him and that he hadn't been able to go my full hour without stopping. I will also note that my Dr looks very good in tight swim shorts. :wink:

First of all - 100 lb lost - AWESOME!!!! You're doing an amazing job. I'm so proud of you!!!! Second, good for you!!! I love swimming and I can go for laps and laps. I think that's an awesome success story. Great day for you!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Saturday Success: Just a busy day, but a good one. Two hour baseball practice for my son. Watched a neighbors son play an afternoon football game (it was sooo HOT)!!. Then home to do some cleaning. Totally missed church. Way too exhausted, but did squeeze in a nice 45 minute walk. The evening felt so nice. Cooler weather is coming, but still in the 90's during the day.

@Lin. Great job getting the 35 miles in this week. Awesome!!!
    @Skinny. I normally work out at the gym (free with work!!). I just swim to mix things up a bit. I may try to check out one of the indoor pools. I really like to mix things up and not get too bored. Exercise is not my favorite thing yet, but I know I have to do it.
    @Morgori -- I can't wait to post my 10 lbs 12 times. That's such an amazing accomplishment. I'm so proud of you.
    @IVicki. I'm so thankful you guys are OK. I know it must have been so scary for all of you.
    @Christine -- Have fun at the zoo! You're going to have a great day!!

Hope everyone has a great start to the week and let's make GREAT choices this coming week.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Current Measurements

Arms: 19

Chest: 50

Waist: 48

Tummy: 57

Hips: 54

Thighs: 33

Calves: 21

Sunday Share:

Currently I have been taking everyone's advice on how to cut down on soda and have successfully cut down quite a bit (again :S).

Some random info about me: My name is Samantha but everyone either calls me Sam or Mantha. I'm 24 and I'm a very big animal lover- it doesn't matter what it is lol. I am a big gamer and I absolutely LOVE the Legend of Zelda- I'm currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I also love to draw and I've done tons of fan art as well as random pictures pulled from my head. I'm far too critical of them, however, and nitpick at them all the time. I also do the same thing with myself which makes me push myself harder and harder. Normally that'd be a great thing except in some cases I fear I push myself too hard to do far more than my best effort!

I sometimes enjoy TV too- everything from Star Trek to That 70's Show to all kinds of anime and movies... BUT I HATE ZOMBIES! They terrify me- they really do. I don't quite know why. Funny thing- Resident Evil is one of my favorite scary movies!
  • Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bump