Body LIft Surgery in less than 20 hours.... GULP!

Hello MFPers!!

I just wanted to ask for your thoughts and/or Prayers for tomorrow morning the culmination of 38 months of Hard Work will take me to one of the final stages of my weight loss journey. I will be going in for my circumferential body lift surgery at 7:30 a.m. After losing 311 lbs. I have been left with a bunch of excess skin that no matter how much I exercise will never go away without some intervention. My surgeon believes I should lose between 12-20 lbs. (he just doesn't know exactly until he weighs everything removed) My current weight is 249 lbs. and my long term goal I set back when I was 560 lbs. was 225 lbs. So I will be very close. The best part will be to finally eat in maintenance and also doing some bulking and cutting phases to gain muscle and lower my body fat percentage.

I created a blog (which was ok'd by MFP) for me to share this part of my journey. I posted a link to it last week but wanted to give those that did not see it, the chance to follow me through this process. I will be doing more video's and writing to my blog about the process and maybe it will help answer some question for those thinking about this surgery... Thank you in advance for the Thoughts and Prayers and follow my blog if you would like to know how I am doing.....

Blog is: www.gettingfit4life.com

Thanks again
Ed

Replies

• MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 406 Member
    Here's wishing you an uneventful surgery and recovery!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    good luck, you will do fine
  • Good luck!
  • Congratulations on coming so far! Best wishes for your continued journey.
  • anntyson
    anntyson Posts: 23 Member
    :smile: I'll b praying for a speedy recovery.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    good luck!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Best of luck to you, I hope it all goes well and that your recovery is smooth!
  • Erin0164
    Erin0164 Posts: 64 Member
    Wow - great job! I will send postitive thoughts your way tomorrow:) Good luck.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery! And wanted to let you know you are such an inspiration!!
  • All the best - looking forward to hearing how everything goes! I'm sure it will be a huge relief for you and you'll be 'better' than new in no time!
  • Good luck and a speedy recovery !
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    What an accomplishment- congratulations! Wishing your a complication free surgery and recovery :)
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Sending up a prayer for you right now!!! Congratulations on your success and entering into this new phase of your journey!! I'm sure its got to feel AWESOME!!!! You've worked hard to get there so relish it!!! Best wishes!!!
  • Wishing you all the best on your surgery and a speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers are with you. You've come such a long way and are such an inspiration.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Congrats Ed on losing over 300 pounds and getting to the final stages of your weight loss journey! You have my prayers for a smooth surgery and recovery. You are such an inspiration to many and I have enjoyed hearing all about your journey as well as your progress pictures. Thank you for putting your story out there, you have been such a help and encouragement to so many people, me included. I am so happy for you, Your hard work and determination is amazing and I truly admire you. :flowerforyou:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    wishing you all the best. I saw your blog and the video. You did a lot of work and its all paying off. You deserve this body lift and I hope its all that you hope it will be.
  • Sending good thoughts! Enjoy your new body! :)
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Quick prayer for your surgery and recovery. What an amazing journey so far.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    My prayers are with you! I'm ecstatic that you have made such a HUGE transformation and commitment to your lifestyle. You're truly an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • mistygrt
    mistygrt Posts: 21 Member
    Wow, you are an inspiration! Congrats on how far you have come. You are gonna do great. Praying for a smooth recovery! :)
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Lots of luck to the hardest working man in show biz! ... err.. I mean MFP!
    Thoughts and prayers things go as smoothly as possible for you.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. You are truly an inspiration.
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Wow, my thoughts will be with you. Update us as soon as you can! :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,363 Member
    As one of the great stories on MFP, you have touched me in so many ways. Looking forward to all your war stories and successes in the future.

May God guide the hands and the hearts of the medical team. :heart:

Cheryl
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Reading about and watching your transformation has been an inspiration to me and so many of us on this site. You have my good vibes and I hope it all goes well and you heal quickly. :flowerforyou:
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    good luck!! looking forward to an update!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    I've been thinking about you and your surgery all weekend, Ed :) So happy for you. I am truly inspired.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    A candle will be lit here, sending you positive energy for the best possible outcome. Smooth surgery, quick recovery, great results!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    I'll say a prayer for you! I hope you have a fantastic outcome!
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    As a reader of your blog I have great admiration for you. You deserve to feel good about all you've done and this surgery will be the cherry on the cake.