Dry Wit? Geek / Nerd? Need Friends / Support? Me Too!!

Options

Replies

• lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'd like to jump on this band wagon. Whovian, browncoat, star trek, and all things zombie. Happy to add fellow nerds who are also into health improvement type stuff.
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Lauran, welcome to the nut house, I mean Party!! lol

Jpe, you should check into Geocaching, it's something you canb do with the kids AND the dogs on those days you just need to get away from the restoration project!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FxrMY91jJU
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Gamer geek / computer nerd / book worm

Do I meet the requirements? lol
  • gse313
    Options
    Hummm... I don't know... No Sci-Fi?!?! Could be a deal breaker for some of the group.... LOL

Welcome to the asylum!! LOL
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well Sci-Fi who doesn't love it? Pfff COME ON! lol

Thank you for adding me :D
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    <-- I am a nerd and proud of it! I love Star wars, Babylon 5, Firefly, Mis Fits, and my more I can't seem to remember. My table top stuff has been D&D 3rd ed. and 4th ed. though many purists hate 4th ed but I loved it! I love my current mmo Ever crack 2 *cough* I mean Ever Quest 2. I will need to check out this *Dr. Who* business everyone talks about! My friends love it so maybe there is something to it huh? Add me if you like!

I love the 4e, but yes it seems there are a lot of haters out there. I am trying the D&D Next and trying to make up my mind about whether I like it or not. Not sure why they had to chuck the whole 4e combat system just to make it "feel" more like 3rd or pathfinder or something. Oh I could go on and on, guess I won't though... :grumble:
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember the series Earth 2? I loved that show and was so sad that it was cancelled after the first season.

Yes with Tim Curry? Enjoyed that as well. Cut short like too many other good things.
  • a_moondragon
    Options
    I tried finding a Geocache when I was at ASU. It did not go well. I was too stupid to figure out where the cache was hidden, and not stealthy enough to pull of a search/snag/replace in the middle of the campus if I had been able to find it. I might have liked it more with a GPS unit.
  • gse313
    Options
    blues... don't know how I missed sending you a request.. welcome!!

Moondragon... if you have a smart phone, and want to try it again, there are free apps that you can install that will make the phone work for it... just go to Geocaching.com and create a free account. Try a cache or two and decide if you really like it!!
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Do me a favor...Don't call 39 old, lol. Be there myself real soon.

Sorry Nike... didn't mean to offend anyone, like I said before "It's not the age, it's the mileage".

In my case I am LONG over due for a complete rebuild!!!! lol

Hey, I'm partially rebuilt at age 61!! Had both knees and both hips replaced. Does that count? Old fart at 39? Hmmmm 61 must be really stinky, then.. Ya'll can add as friend if you want.
  • gse313
    Options
    Hey, I'm partially rebuilt at age 61!! Had both knees and both hips replaced. Does that count? Old fart at 39? Hmmmm 61 must be really stinky, then.. Ya'll can add as friend if you want.

Not that I have said it here, but I have sadly made the statement before... Nobody my age should know how to use a wheelchair, walker, and cane (crutches are debateable) correctly!!

I've also said before that nobody my age should have known Ray Podboy, Louis Bashell, and Frankie Yankovic PERSONALLY as well as all the words to the 'Beer Barrel Polka' at a brewers game without looking at the screen, but I did and do!! LOL

Yes, jeeclekat, you can come out tonight. Jeleclekats come one come all!! The 'Jelecle Moon' is shining bright! Jelecles come to the 'Jelecle Ball'!!

Did I forget to mention to everyone that I was also a Drama & Choir Geek?!?! LOL
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Someone knows "CATS" Not many do, it seems. I'm amazed, thrilled.... :)
    I've used jeleclekat since our first computer in '93? I think, different spellings depending on the server at the time. Wonder if we can find the other jellicle cats? lol

Yep, 61 going on 29 and holding. You're only as old as you feel, and my mental age is not near physical age, thank goodness....

Will be interesting to see where this thread goes. As for me, it's 2:30am here in Georgia, almost bedtime, so will check in again in the morning (or later today I guess)
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well, I am the answer to everything, as I have just recently turned 42.

Lord of the Rings fan here, one who eagerly awaits the release of The Hobbit. I am a lifetime member of the MMORPG Lord of the Rings Online, as well. I have been playing MMOs since the early 90's when they were text based. I have played pretty much every game in the Civ franchise, and quite a few others. Probably too many to list.

Star Wars fan (Han shot first!), Firefly, Battlestar Galactica (the first one! Lorne Greene and Dirk Benedict FTW), Pretty much all the Star Trek shows, Quantum Leap, Babylon 5, Buck Rodgers.

And now for something completely different. Monty Python! There are those who call me....Tim...

I have also been to see Weird Al Yankovic live on four separate occasions, in three different cities, including two countries.

Plus I have 100 or so pounds to lose. May I join?
  • EvieEnchanted
    Options
    34 here, and clearly remember being sent to my room as a kid and not being allowed out when Doctor Who was on, after watching an episode and freaking out when Romana II was bitten by a spider on the side of the face! I felt it was MOST unfair, because I loved the show, and who wouldn't be afraid of those spiders?

You can see them right at the end of this clip on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTjpOkExxwM&amp;feature=context-shows&amp;list=SL

I love Fantasy/Sci-Fi and would love to join in, if I can. :)
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    nerdgasm-21771.jpg

I want a pair of those shoes!

Oh.. and I'm another fellow geek - nothing to specific, I like to keep my geek options open to new things. :D
  • MsDandimite
    MsDandimite Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So this is where you all hang! *Carlton dance*
    Already have gse313 as an awesome friend. Feel free to add me, anyone, if you so wish. :)

Since I've found you, my fellow geeks and nerds, and we're on a kcal counting site, I have a question I've been pondering over.

In the film it's mentioned that Capt. America's metabolism is 4x the metabolism of a normal person. So, at 6'2" and weighing in at 240ish lbs, a normal man in his 20s would have a BMR of about 2.300 calories. Soldiers have been measured to have an activity level of up to 2.5 which would put their TDEE at above 5k kcals/day. Times 4 this would be well over 20 000 kcal a day.
    How does he have time to eat?
    More importantly:
    They wanted to make an army of men injected with this serum? How would they feed them?
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    Far as I remember, it's four times more efficient not faster, so wouldn't require him to eat any more than normal ;)
  • MsDandimite
    MsDandimite Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Far as I remember, it's four times more efficient not faster, so wouldn't require him to eat any more than normal ;)

Aha! Maybe it's just translated into faster in the subs. That makes more sense.
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    I could well be wrong!

It's been a long time, but I do vaguely remember arguing about this one many moons ago. Probably while drunk.

Just one of those random things that seems to have lodged in my brain with no point of reference :wink:

EDIT: Actually the film might say faster. I'm going to have to go check this later or it's going to bug me forever!
  • Cat_296
    Options
    Red Dwarf is the best show ever made
    Well most of it was!

And they're not done yet!! Series 10 starts on the 4th October!!!!!!! They've just shown a series per day over the last couple of weekends as a countdown. From the clips I've seen of 10 they could well be back on form....... :-)

ETA: Fish fingers and custard works surprisingly well, and there seems to have been no mention of Battlestar Galactica :-(