To All The Parents Out There

Options

Replies

• Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Right on! I'm with you! If I eat ice cream & chips, my kids eat chips & candy. If I eat apples, my kids might have some. If I go for a walk or ride, my kids might go to. It is so hard to find time and energy to exercise and eat right when you're a parent, and it's so much more important!
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Cheers!
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it sure isn't easy being a working single mum and fitting everything in :flowerforyou:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    You've all done better than I have. I know I can't have a kid and work/school/gym/life because I got so overwhelmed when I tried.

:heart: :drinker:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    your post made this mom smile :)
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! Thank you! :drinker: :drinker:
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Full time working mom of a 14 month old here. The hardest thing for me is feeling guilty sometimes for not spending that time with him while working out. When you work full time, you have so little time to spend with them and they grow so fast, but I know taking care of me, makes me a better mom. So Ive giving up on sleep and TV time to work out. Totally worth it.

Thank you for the post.
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have a 7 year old daughter who keeps me and my husband busy. We both work full time too. :flowerforyou:
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:drinker:
    This

I'm a married father of 1, working 2 jobs, and still getting 5-8 hrs in per week to train. And most of the time, my 8 month old son is right by my side!
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your words of support. To all the Moms and Dads out there - Remember you have to take good care of yourself so you can be your best self for your kids.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that.

Little miss will watch me run my first 10K this weekend. And when I started running she started running too, even if just a little.

I think that's a good thing.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom with an awesome supportive husband and two kids here. Thank you for your post! My daughter is even helping me lose weight because of her endless nursing cycle. Yay.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that.

Little miss will watch me run my first 10K this weekend. And when I started running she started running too, even if just a little.

I think that's a good thing.

I just "d'awwwed" :flowerforyou:
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! My daughters will actually work out with me alot of the time! People who say they can't do it, need to realize, you can do anything if you truly want to! Great post!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Cheers to all those working hard to be the best they can be. :drinker:

I honestly don't see how people do it, I have no kids and I still don't know where the time goes. So, endless respect and kudos to you parents out there. :flowerforyou:
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this :heart:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm fuzzies! :smooched:
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I agree! Great going everyone! I am a mom of two, the baby just turned one and my oldest is about to be 3. We are a dual military family and I feel this is the only reason I can get my workouts in without much stress. I am lucky enough to be in a unit that does PT 5 days a week. But I love that my littles ones can't wait to go on walks with me and the dog, or to the park. And it really makes my day when the older one asks for veggies for a snack! Nothing cuter than his voice pleading "mommy can I please have some carrots?"
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Awwww, so sweet!!! BEST THREAD EVER!!! Thank you!!

I know for me and many others on here that one BIG reason to become healthier is to become better parents and role models for our children - Kudos to ALL of the PARENTS on MFP for doing what you know is right!!!!! Kudos also to the non-parents out there for becoming healthier as well!!! WE ALL ROCK!!!!

:heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:
  • MrDangerSass
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you and well said. It was a crazy thread to say the least.

Nothing better than seeing our 9 year old daughter introduced to hitting the heavy bag (watch out boys) or playing tennis with my middle daughter as she works up the competition levels on her HS tennis team, encouraging her to lift a little to improve the power of her serves and endurance or showing my youngest son how he can improve his hitting with some push ups and light lifts or base running with hill sprints. As parents, our task isn't to exclude them from the things we do for ourselves but to help them connect the dots between good habits and rewards. It's worth the time and offers lessons learned that will last a lifetime.