Over 60, I am NOT willing to give UP! Anyone my age??

Options

Replies

• psv1012
    psv1012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am soon to be 56, I am not ready to quit trying. I am recntly diagnost Diabetic T2. Scared me alot , but I am motivated to get it under control.Losing weight is very hard for me, Iam on metformin and hoping the med, will help. I am fortunate my husband is on the plan with me. I am feeling very good, better than I have in a couple of years,I have lost 12 pounds , I have at least another 65 to be at a healthy weight. This site has been so helpful for me. plus it is nice to see other peoples success. Good luck to all us grandma's and grandpa's !
  • grammacarol1943
    grammacarol1943 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 67 and do not willing to give up either. slowly losing but at least going in the right direction now. good luck to you
  • angusmike
    Options
    No, you're not alone. I'm 62 and its taken a recent diagnosis of type 2 diabetes to get me on track. This time last year, I was about 220 lbs. This week, I'm 188.

The blood glucose is coming around although I've got to take insulin. However, I can climb stairs two at a time now -- something I haven't done in years. Next week I'll start hiking at a city park that has a rugged more wilderness type trail.
  • zigeuner62
    Options
    I'm 61 and not willing to give up either :) I just started a month ago and have found lots of motivation on this site. It may be a little harder to do than when we were young but we can do this :) Feel free to Friend me if you like. Much success to everyone.
  • grammacarol1943
    grammacarol1943 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am almost 69. I want to lose this extra weight too and get more energy along with it. MFP seems to work for me. Good luck
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm only almost 52 but I'm glad I didn't give up!

My story of not giving up --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout
  • mcrower
    mcrower Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would like to add you to my friends. Luv your powerful photo flexing your muscles!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Great post!!! Lots of groups....I belong to 60 years old and older . Check us out also. I get lots of support. :flowerforyou:
  • sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    63 years old and still at it. I never would have thought I could do this, but so far I am down 32 lbs. It has taken me 6 months but it is working. I started on WW last April and switched over to MFP again a month ago. Great website.
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I am 58 and have lost over 100 pounds!. I work out every day, I just modify to suit my needs! You can do it!
  • Shenanna
    Options
    Hi, me too. Over 60, did this sight, switched to WW and now I'm back here. Your weight loss is inspiring, but I did exercise today, which is something I had been struggling to return to since an injury and I once again have hope. At least for today.
  • eibertd
    Options
    66 and need to lose 35lbs. this seems to work. Time will tell.
  • Bonella
    Bonella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and I feel I'm just getting better with age. I love seeing posts and success stories from people my age. Feel free to friend me!

The important thing is to never give up. We are never too old to get better and be healthy.
  • crazylady50s
    Options
    i am 66
    been overweight my whole life
    now i am just trying to keep my diabetes under control
    think this is a fun way to keep track of food and exercise
    would like if you would be my friend :smile:
  • juliesjuke
    juliesjuke Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 66(67 in another 8 days). I think that the biggest reason that i have for losing weight slowly is that i am retired and not as active as when i was working. I had a very physically demanding job(managing a convenience store) I was lifting heavy crates etc,on my feet and on the go for 8/10 hours a day. I do work out at the gym at least five days a week.I have been losing inches which is also really great. Anyway welcome to the site and good luck.You can add me to your friend list if you like.:wink:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love all the success pictures, it is so inspiring, I want one to be me!! I need to know I am not alone anyone over 60? It is so different trying to lose weight when you are over 50 or 60. I want to get where I want to be, not always on the journey to get there. Does that make sense? I really hope I am not alone.....anyone. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :blushing:

Hi there, 61 here and we have 2 groups of great people here in the community. We do weekly goals and we also have the daily mini challenge group. Come join us.
  • Lakeswoman
    Lakeswoman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 1/2 and have lost 38 pounds since April. I walk at least 4 miles a day,,and try never to go below 3.75 mph, except when I walk my dog, then it's 3 mph or a wee bit less. I also lift 8 pound hand-weights, do a DVD cardio,,"29 Minute Workout" 3 times a week, lunges and planks. I have so much energy that I always seem to be moving. I also have hypothyroidism, on meds and will so be glad to show the endocrinologist my success when i see him in January.

Do whatever you can for as long as you can!
  • nerak50
    nerak50 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello-I am 62-you are not alone! I started off very well-then faltered. This time I am determined to use the community as well as the food diary! We can do this-and will benifit in all ways. Feel free to add me as a friend and we will encourage one another.
  • moeckellady
    Options
    I will be 70 my next bday. I do not want to give up either. But it is harder to shed lbs now. Just have to try harder.
  • mombert
    mombert Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 60 also and not willing to give up till I get where I need to be. I joined in 2009 didn't do anything and forgot about MFP till June of this year and so far I am down 29 of the 100 pounds I need to lose, I really didn't think there were people our age on here it's really nice to find out there are.