Morbidly obese, need support on my long journey

Options

Replies

• emalethbane
    emalethbane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Girl, we're all right there with you. I'm from South Louisiana too! I'm from Houma but I've been in Texas for the past 13 years. I'm on this long journey too and I think we all could use a little company. You did the right thing by coming here and by quitting smoking. It's one of the worst things that you can do to yourself and quitting will make you feel so much better! You'll be able to walk farther, breathe better, keep your endurance rising, and even gain strength! I KNOW you can do this! We'll all keep each other company and get this DONE!!!
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm in the same boat and have been most of my life. And I'm somewhat older than you! I'm hanging in there and have been since the middle of May this year. When I found this site it was like a light at the end of the tunnel. It makes the journey much easier with friends.
  • emalethbane
    emalethbane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh, and by the way, please feel free to add me as a friend. The same goes for all of you. MFP has become a family to me in the last couple of years through my ups and downs and I feel as though you all are with me in every moment of it. I love that about this site and about all of you! Anyone can add me and we'll be great supporters of one another! We don't have to do this alone!!
  • justcallmet
    justcallmet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, especially CajunFemme! I am on a journey from 467lbs. I've weighed more than that in the past, but not sure how much. 467lbs was the weight I was when I started on LCing. Anyone, feel free to add me! I might not be able to follow the boards or the "home" wall, but if you message me directly, I'm sure it would get my attention! I know how it feels to go through all of this and I'm right there with you!! (I followed Quiggley here!)
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Like so many people in this thread, I'm morbidly obese. I just started a month ago and I've already lost 15 pounds! So far, I love MFP and I feel like it's the best site like this on the internet and I've tried quite a few over the years! I'm a recent college grad, and I'm hoping that losing weight will help me with my job search, as right now I'm scared to go on job interviews like this. =( If anyone would like support or to make a new friend, please feel free to add me!
  • Cptnikkimarvellous
    Options
    Feel free to add me :happy: :smile:
  • monicamcisaac
    monicamcisaac Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey, good on you!! You've come to the right place, this website is FANTASTIC!! I quit smoking about 5 years ago using the book Alan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. Have a look on Amazon.com you should be able to find it. It is an incredible book, I quit completely after reading it. Give it a bash, it is really hard to quit on your own.
    Add me if you like :)
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congratulations on making the right steps.

Feel free to add me - used to be borderline morbidly obese and am now in the healthy range. It can be done :)

xx
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on taking control back.

Feel free to add me as l was morbidly obese back 9 months ago when l started to take control back of my life and have lose 54lbs in 9 months. So it can be done and with the help of friends, family and MFP you are on your way.
  • jlh1411
    Options
    hey girlie :-} Hows things? I'm new here so don't know how to request a friend or whatever it is but I'd love you to accept me as your friend so i can support your journey, I'd love to be at the finishing line to meet you! In fact i'm there now waiting for you! :happy: God bless lady! and i know you have a beautiful soul,That shines out! but i also see a beautiful face can you see that? :flowerforyou:
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I would love to help you through this important journey! Add me :smile:
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    You can do this! The journey to lose won't be easy, but it will be well worth it!!!!!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    You can friend me! Just take it slow, don't starve yourself because it will screw with your hormones and cortisol and metabolism. Hugs.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I started at 303.4 -- and am currently at 188.8 and training for a half marathon. Trust me friends, it can be done. it's not easy, but it's definitely possible!! :)
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I weighed over 300 pounds. I don't know how much over because I refused to get on a scale. I've just broken 200 and I'm on my way to 145. I'm also an ex-smoker. I was a two pack a day gal for more than 10 years and quit cold turkey to have children. That was hard. Losing weight is harder because one can stop smoking, but one can't stop eating.

My best advice is to be kind to yourself. Don't beat yourself up for lapses. Just start again.
  • charmed912
    charmed912 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I with you on this journey as well, feel free to add me. We can all use as much support as possible! Good luck, and if you ever need anything, im a message away!
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    please add me, my sw was 368.8 and in the past month i am down 25lbs. I would love to motivate each other!!! you can do it!!
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm just starting off as well and have a long way to go...but with support we can do it!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just know that you aren't alone on this journey. Somedays it's going to be easy, other days are going to be hell. Take it one day at a time, start moving a little more each day, just that 5 extra feet on your walk, just take those stairs even if they leave you breathless not even halfway up. You can do it and you aren't alone. I've lost 70 in the past year, seem to be in a fight to break this stupid plateau but honey, this weight has to go, and go it shall...*hugs*
  • CaptainNoms
    Options
    I've been overweight my whole life, so we are definitely on this journey together :) Feel free to add me!