Official Women's Insanity Group. "Time to Change"

Options

Replies

• nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just attempted Max Interval Plyo and I at a certain point I just felt like "what's the point?" Honestly, I nearly pressed stop halfway through the video...sooo many push ups! (and I still can't do them)...nevertheless...somethign is better than nothing right? I don't know but I see myself doing some modification this month because it was kinda discouraging not being able to do so much of this workout...i still managed to be wet at the end (that's one thing that's consistent...lol) and even a bit sore (which i'm sure will be CONFIRMED in the morning)...so...will try to push play again tomorrow for Month 2 Day 3!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I just attempted Max Interval Plyo and I at a certain point I just felt like "what's the point?" Honestly, I nearly pressed stop halfway through the video...sooo many push ups! (and I still can't do them)...nevertheless...somethign is better than nothing right? I don't know but I see myself doing some modification this month because it was kinda discouraging not being able to do so much of this workout...i still managed to be wet at the end (that's one thing that's consistent...lol) and even a bit sore (which i'm sure will be CONFIRMED in the morning)...so...will try to push play again tomorrow for Month 2 Day 3!

I hated max plyo. I procrastinated every time I saw that on the sheet. I never got the enjoyment in month 2 that I did out of month 1. As you said something is always better than nothing. I don't know if it will help you but I would break the videos down in my head. You warm up for a few minutes, then you stretch, on the videos that are only 45 minutes, by the time you get to the actual hard workout, its really only 20 minutes that you are pushing it, then a little stretching and you're done. There was nothing that made me feel better about that plyo workout though. lol You're doing great. If you have to modify, then modify cause its TUFF.
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks barbosa...It's coming again soon and I"m not looking forward to it...even thought of switching it out for something else but we'll see...
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i have one more workout left but cant bring myself to do it lol i think I lost momentum a little plus my half marathon coming up in just under 5 weeks! Ive promised myself that I will complete the last Insanity workout before the end of the week so hold me to that people!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm considering cutting my recovery week down a bit. I want to get as far into month 2 as possible before I go on vacation (October 21st). I can *almost* finish the program if I only recover for 3 days or so.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    i have one more workout left but cant bring myself to do it lol i think I lost momentum a little plus my half marathon coming up in just under 5 weeks! Ive promised myself that I will complete the last Insanity workout before the end of the week so hold me to that people!

I certainly understand the momentum thing but........... Only one workout left! You're so close! Try to sneak it in there so you can check it off the list and get if off your mind and you can say DONE! Best of luck with the half marathon.
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    I'm considering cutting my recovery week down a bit. I want to get as far into month 2 as possible before I go on vacation (October 21st). I can *almost* finish the program if I only recover for 3 days or so.

That is a very ambitious option. I enjoyed my recovery week and found month 2 h-a-r-d. I am loving being back in month 1.
  • adjoa84
    Options

I certainly understand the momentum thing but........... Only one workout left! You're so close! Try to sneak it in there so you can check it off the list and get if off your mind and you can say DONE! Best of luck with the half marathon.

thanks soo much! yep i'm going to try and do the last workout on Saturday
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those of you that have completed the Insanity program. Was Insanity all that you did? I am on W2D3 and don't get me wrong, the workouts are KILLLERS!!! But, I just feel like I should still be lifting heavy to get the results I see on here. I am still trying to get in the gym 3 days a wk and also walk/run 1-2 days a wk. I cannot do it all. I'm getting burned out and scared I'm gonna injure myself. But I don't want to leave any wt loss or toning on the table either at the end of the 60 days. Please help a sister out! LOL
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    bump
  • adjoa84
    Options
    I have a question for those of you that have completed the Insanity program. Was Insanity all that you did? I am on W2D3 and don't get me wrong, the workouts are KILLLERS!!! But, I just feel like I should still be lifting heavy to get the results I see on here. I am still trying to get in the gym 3 days a wk and also walk/run 1-2 days a wk. I cannot do it all. I'm getting burned out and scared I'm gonna injure myself. But I don't want to leave any wt loss or toning on the table either at the end of the 60 days. Please help a sister out! LOL

if you follow the macro split 40 40 20 and eat a decent amount of GOOD calories you will see results in fat loss, inches and/lbs. You could add in some weight lifting or running but as you said you don't want to get burnt out so listen to your body. I do just Insanity for the majority of the time but the last 3 weeks i added in some running as i'm training for a half marathon which is now 3 weeks away! Planning on starting Round 2 this weekend where ill be doing a hybrid so some Insanity and some running probably 3 days running and 2 days Insanity

I hope that helps
  • britanixily
    Options
    How do I join this group? I SO want in!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    How do I join this group? I SO want in!

lol nothing your in haha
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    I am in my second round of insanity and into month 2. Today was my favorite month 2 workout. max interval circuit
    fat burn 2:17, fitness 58:20 average heart rate 148, max 167, total calories burned 519.
  • Toenuh
    Options
    Helloooo ladies!! I just got insanity today and I'm starting tomorrow. So excited!!! Anyone else around 5'4" and 135 lbs that's hoping, like I am, to get rid of the dang roll at my lower tummy??!!

I'm in decent shape...think it'd be okay to do the fit test and the first workout both tomorrow?
  • chevere07
    chevere07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity today and that fit test kicked my butt! This is gonna be a challenge but I'm ready to face it head on. Day 1 Completed :smile:
  • Toenuh
    Options
    Hi! I finished day 1 today as well! Did the fit test this morning (and that was actually a workout in itself) and then this afternoon I did the plyo cardio circuit. Wheeeeew!!!
  • bryleighsmommy3
    bryleighsmommy3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started Insanity Monday 2/4/13 - Definitely kicks butt, but I'm willing to work harder and push further today! Are there any of you NOT using the nutrition guide?
  • alasin1derland
    Options
    I did 3 rounds back to back. I just used mfp calorie recommendations with my hrm to eat back exercise calories. Its a fantastic program. I pushed myself everyday and even after 3 rounds, even though I could keep up no problem, its still challenging. I lost 22 pounds my first round and 20 pounds my second round. Third round I had a lot of maintenance days through the holidays so the weightloss wasn't great but the shape of my arms, legs and stomach still benefited. I moved on to the advanced extreme shed and shred and it was a really good transition from insanity. It has a high calorie burn but less cardio.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started on 1/7/13 which means I'm in the middle of recovery week. I'm not following the food guide but eating smart and aiming at net 1200 cals a day. I also run a few days a week to keep up my running before race season.

I'm very nervous of month 2, I still dont make it through a whole video without a face plant or near tears :) I love it, but it's crazy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!