Foods you avoid due to bad experience such as choking?

Options

Replies

• northernbeaver
    Options
    my brother made me a salmon sandwich when I was 5 years old without taking the bones out of it first and I choked pretty bad.....I haven't been able to eat any kind of fish ever since. I like seafood though I can eat lobster, clams, crab, shrimp etc. I always say if it crawls along the bottom I can eat it, but if it swims its off limit. lol
  • annahuebscher
    Options
    Oh, and wasabi. Threw that **** up once.
  • leenie96
    Options
    When I was little, every time I was sick my mother would force feed me garlic. Since then the smallest hint would make me gag. Just recently as an adult have I begun introducing into my foods...but never large amounts.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Popsicles. Even seeing one makes me gag.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Kamakazi shots.:sick: :sick: :sick:
    Ugh I could vomit just thinking about them
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat guacamole for years.... it reminded me of my first kiss. Bleh!

(over it now! lol)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I threw up chunky tomato soup once when I was a teenager. It wasn't chunky when I ate it. Haven't had any since then.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew and cherries with the stem. I've choked on both before.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme glazed, the glaze somehow covered something in my throat where I could exhale but could not inhale. It was like a glaze bubble. Scared the crap out of my son because he heard he trying so hard to breathe.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Any type of hot cinnamon liqour... bad bad bad stuf.. gag a maggot.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I walked downstairs as a kid one time to the giant whiff of my mom boiling eggs.

Right after, I got a stomach flu that lasted for almost a week.

Could not tolerate the smell of boiled eggs for years. :sick:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I DESPISE mayonnaise because when I was 4, I ate a sandwich with spoiled mayo on it and got terribly, horribly sick. We were visiting my grandma down south and I took a nap. While I was sleeping everyone else ate...and then left the sandwiches out. In the hot, hot weather. By the time I got up many hours later, the mayo was DONE. I took one bite, told my ma it tasted funny. She said it's ok, just eat it. I took another bite, then threw the sandwich away. 5 minutes later, I was yakking all over the place. I have never been so sick in my entire life, not even during pregnancy.

Bleh.

I have tried mayo since, still don't like it, still makes me a bit queasy to even look at it. :sick:
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    Grits- I just ate too much once as a kid; Now polenta gets to me because of it.
    Chili- morning sickness
    Bananas- morning sickness + had to make banana oat muffins everyday at work for 3 months
    Peanut butter- morning sickness
    Hawaiian Punch- it was the only thing in the house to mix with the vodka I was pregaming with. I puked in a cul de sac on the way to the party. Ahh the days of underage drinking
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I walked downstairs as a kid one time to the giant whiff of my mom boiling eggs.

Right after, I got a stomach flu that lasted for almost a week.

Could not tolerate the smell of boiled eggs for years. :sick:

Had black forest cake, and about a day later got a stomach flu that lasted forever. I still don't eat black forest cake.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Laugh it up but once I was eating pringles, I was probably between 13 and 16, not exactly sure, but someone made me laugh and a shard of chip got lodged into my sinuses, and took a lot of effort and pain to remove. I still have vivid memories of it every time I see a pringles can. I am not a huge chip person, but I don't think I have touched pringles since then.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I threw up chunky tomato soup once when I was a teenager. It wasn't chunky when I ate it. Haven't had any since then.

Isn't that weird how food seems to become chunkier somehow in your stomach? I had food poisoning from Taco Bell a year ago, and I was puking up huge chunks of tortilla! I KNEW I chewed it before I swallowed it, but it was like they had glued themselves back together after spending a few hours in my stomach. I actually thought I was going to choke to death from throwing up. I live alone, so it was particularly frightening. I ended up driving myself to the emergency room at 5 am after 5 hours of hell.

Taco Bell...never again. Fool me once (food poisoning from a beef burrito when I was 14 which led to me becoming vegetarian) shame on you, fool me twice (see above), shame on ME. *shudders*
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Shrimp. My cat loves shrimp. She will climb all over me to get it. It's not worth the claw marks! :laugh:
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    lettuce that looks like it was the salad from my elementary school.

I wanted seconds one time when I was in 3rd grade and didn't want to eat my salad. I stuffed the salad in my milk carton and my principle caught me. She made me drink the milk lettuce combo and I threw it up. I still hate the way that particular salad looks...
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I wanted seconds one time when I was in 3rd grade and didn't want to eat my salad. I stuffed the salad in my milk carton and my principle caught me. She made me drink the milk lettuce combo and I threw it up. I still hate the way that particular salad looks...

This gave me the laugh I needed today, and i am not even sure why!
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options

That sounds like a horrible salad.
    My best friend used to stuff her salad in her bra when her mother wasn't looking. It was the absolute worst thing you could ever ask her to eat.