Would I classify ____________ as water?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    To answer the OP:

People looking for excuses not to make changes to their lifestyle will ask "Can I log XXXX as water?"

Just like folks looking to make excuses not to change will ask "Can I log making dinner as cardio?"

That's why.
    LOL!!!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't actually drink plain water on its own unless it's the middle of the night and I'm half asleep, sick, or there's nothing else in the house. Other times it makes me gag. Don't know why, it just always has. My mum gets it too.

Instead I drink a lot of tea (with a drop of skimmed milk and no sugar), coffee (black, no sugar), sugar-free cordial (8 parts water to 1 part cordial) and zero calorie sodas (pepsi max, diet coke etc).

So by everyone's logic here, as I don't drink water plain, I don't drink water at all.. I don't understand what this argument is about. I still log everything separately (even though there are very few calories in what I drink) but I also use each cup to add to my water total. Why is that wrong? If it didn't count as water, shouldn't I be dead by now if that were the case?
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options

We all know if you don't log it as water, your body will surely not use the water content to hydrate itself...right? :huh:

^^^^^
    GUIZ!!!!!!! GUIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SH*Z IS SERIOUS!!!! COME ON NOW AND STOP JERKING AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't BELIEVE you people would DARE joke about this!!!!!!!!!!!!! People have FAX! and STUDDEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:noway:
  • IveLanded
    Options
    p.s.
    I'm really sad there aren't better GIFs in this thread.......
    :laugh:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    8024834467_502dc657a8_m.jpg
  • IveLanded
    Options
    I don't actually drink plain water on its own unless it's the middle of the night and I'm half asleep, sick, or there's nothing else in the house. Other times it makes me gag. Don't know why, it just always has. My mum gets it too.

Instead I drink a lot of tea (with a drop of skimmed milk and no sugar), coffee (black, no sugar), sugar-free cordial (8 parts water to 1 part cordial) and zero calorie sodas (pepsi max, diet coke etc).

So by everyone's logic here, as I don't drink water plain, I don't drink water at all.. I don't understand what this argument is about. I still log everything separately (even though there are very few calories in what I drink) but I also use each cup to add to my water total. Why is that wrong? If it didn't count as water, shouldn't I be dead by now if that were the case?

Yep. That's EXACTLY what everyone is saying. TOTALLY AND EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a "gold star" smiley???

:drinker:
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Yep. That's EXACTLY what everyone is saying. TOTALLY AND EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a mother of 3 in your thirties, you are being a bit mean to a 19 year old girl...

I don't understand the argument in this thread... Could you please explain it to me sans sarcasm?
  • IveLanded
    Options

For a mother of 3 in your thirties, you are being a bit mean to a 19 year old girl...

I don't understand the argument in this thread... Could you please explain it to me sans sarcasm?

Sorry, I don't e-stalk everyone in every thread........I'm not really paying attention to how old everyone is since this thread is like an elementary school playground anyways. :wink:

The argument in this thread is, like, three or four fold by this point. But I think the premise is "why log XX as XX when it's not XX". Which is a very fundementalist view, but one I happen to agree with. I don't log coffee as water, I don't log chicken as fish, I don't log taking a dump as cardio. :embarassed:

Some people want to. And that's ok!

And then a whole faction of people decided to go a little off with it and say "OMG SO YOUR SAYING I NEVER TAKE IN ANY WATER OMG THATS A LIE BECAUSE LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF I DRINK THAT IS MOSTLY MADE OF WATER YOU BIG JERK!!!!" So yeah..........that happened. I'm not really sure what that argument is about.........

Anyone can log anything as anything they want, really. And I am pretty sure no one really cares that much about what other folks log. But I'm definitely in the camp of just logging what it is.

But to each his own, kumbaya. :flowerforyou:
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    This thread is getting far too intense. I say let's be simple. If it's pure water, log it as water. If it has splenda, mio, any enhacer, or if it's tea, coffee, or any other brewed liquid log it by itself.

By logging things that are not water as water you are ultimately shooting yourself in the foot. You're missing credit for vitamins and other things that may or may not be found in other liquids, including calories.
  • allisonshaw710
    allisonshaw710 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think tea can be counted as water. Also Crystal Light or the like, but you also have to be sure to count the calories from it into your day.
  • vs250093
    Options
    I tend to classify crystal light mix-ins as water, along with water. But that's just my personal preference.
    I think the idea is to use My Fitness Pal in anyway that helps the individual along their path to health!
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I say we're not little kids anymore, suck it up and drink your water, or not. Personally I would hope that everyone is drinking more than enough for their size and exertion level.

For the people that don't like the flavor of water, buy some citrus and add a squeeze to your glass, water bottle or whatever. Lemon even goes nice after a shot of tequila for those going that route:ohwell: :ohwell:
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    water is water. period.
  • troniks
    troniks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Unless MFP outlines the proper way to log water, just count it any way that helps you keep track of your intake.
    Sheesh... I was just researching/looking for some guidelines to adding water myself, and I see this thread gotten way off track.
    A little common sense would go a long way here. First of all... I would try to be nice, or at least respectful in my delivery of any information, no matter how much I thought someone was being ridiculous. We are here to work on our goals and support each other. If you just want to argue or banter, there are sites like "FaceBook" that offer plenty of opportunities for that. I suggest that the direction of this thread be ended now as it has not been a positive contribution. Good luck and best wishes to everyone here!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

We all know if you don't log it as water, your body will surely not use the water content to hydrate itself...right? :huh:

^^^^^
    GUIZ!!!!!!! GUIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SH*Z IS SERIOUS!!!! COME ON NOW AND STOP JERKING AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't BELIEVE you people would DARE joke about this!!!!!!!!!!!!! People have FAX! and STUDDEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:noway:

Yeah, those pesky scientists with all their science. :huh:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I say we're not little kids anymore, suck it up and drink your water, or not. Personally I would hope that everyone is drinking more than enough for their size and exertion level.

For the people that don't like the flavor of water, buy some citrus and add a squeeze to your glass, water bottle or whatever. Lemon even goes nice after a shot of tequila for those going that route:ohwell: :ohwell:
    Didn't you read the thread? If you add citrus to it, it's not water any more.