PHOTOSHOP PICS!.....but why???

Options
imchicbad
imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
This is random (and Im board) but I have seen bazillions of pictures everywhere that are obviously photoshopped. My question is WHY?:smokin:

Why would you want to photoshop the CRUD out of your pictures so that it barely looks like you, or doesnt look like you at all. What happens when your photoshopped pictures are out there for everyone to see-right, then you actually meet and they go "DAMN" (in a negative way) because you look nothing like your pictures....isnt that setting yourself up for a huge disapointment??

Whats wrong with the real you... Im just asking.:flowerforyou:

What do you think about people who photoshop all thier pictures...REALLLLLLLLLLLLY:huh:

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yeah don't you just hate fake people?
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I can't explain it. I see it a lot more on facebook... You look at it and are just like.. No.

I like adding neat filters to my pictures, though. Lol.

But I can say that I love your UNphotoshopped picture. :love:
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    I think people who photoshop themselves are in denial. They are not commited to a healthy lifestyle change and are desperate for a 'quick fix' even if it is only in altered pics....

If they spent more time on their feet on a treadmill, and less time on their *kitten*'s in front of the PC...... maybe they wouldnt' need photoshop for more then removing red eyes??

Just Sayin' is all :)
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I don't have photoshop,nor do I know how to use it. I am proud of who I am and what I look like....

<
    this is me...take it or leave it.....
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I understand that it makes the picture pointless. But most people who edit their photos in some way, do it because of confidence issues. Because they're not happy with 'that' part of them.
  • jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Obviously those people are not as photogenic as you are
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Dont know how to photoshop.. Im program challlenged. lol. as one poster said what you see is what you get ;):glasses:
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options

oh Brett you are wonderful :flowerforyou:
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Classic!
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I don't have photoshop,nor do I know how to use it. I am proud of who I am and what I look like....

<
    this is me...take it or leave it.....

Ditto this. I can't even figure out how to post pictures on the forums let alone photo shop things :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll do an instagram pic, because it's fun.

But how does it affect you if I do?
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I like to use filters and presets.
    I only own paint shop elements though lol.

My sister thought it was awesome when I learned how to make people look skinnier.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Lighting and make-up go a long way too. Check out Taylor Swift or Avril Lavigne without make-up and you'll see the power of eyeliner is astonishing.
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't photoshop my own pictures, but I'll happily do it for other people, or just paint regular pictures.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I can't explain it. I see it a lot more on facebook... You look at it and are just like.. No.

I like adding neat filters to my pictures, though. Lol.

But I can say that I love your UNphotoshopped picture. :love:

i dont photoshop thank you lol but i think its weird, my cousin sent me a picture and it looked nothing like her, i was like whaaaaaaa:noway:
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    <====== This is me, as seen by 'Camera Awesome' on an iPhone - I love the pic.

I take a great deal of photographs - I have an extremely popular automotive event photography site - 90% of the photos there are 'straight out of the camera'. The rest are usually little more than color corrected.

We do however sometimes get all arty and mess with the pics for fun....

I dislike over processed images....
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    To "photoshop" is just the current term, and I hate to break it to you, but YOU ALL "photoshop" your pics (ie: do something to make yourself look better.)
    Do you wear makeup? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you style your hair? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you pick out flattering clothes? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    You get the idea.
    Unless you wake up in the morning, and allow yourself to be photographed unshowered, un made-up, EXACTLY as you wake in the morning, you are, in essence "Photoshopping", ie: trying to affect the outcome of the attractiveness of you in a photo. You're just choosing to not do it in the actual program...
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with the real you...
    Hmmmm.