PHOTOSHOP PICS!.....but why???

Options

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    a very honest answer and me-like-e. thats cool, i think thats true for most people.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    To "photoshop" is just the current term, and I hate to break it to you, but YOU ALL "photoshop" your pics (ie: do something to make yourself look better.)
    Do you wear makeup? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you style your hair? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you pick out flattering clothes? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    You get the idea.
    Unless you wake up in the morning, and allow yourself to be photographed unshowered, un made-up, EXACTLY as you wake in the morning, you are, in essence "Photoshopping", ie: trying to affect the outcome of the attractiveness of you in a photo. You're just choosing to not do it in the actual program...

Yawnnnnnnnnnnn.
    Someone had way too much coffee (and/or alcohol orrrrrrr lack of alcohol lol), mixed a lot of "I told you so", and a splash of "You are effing kidding me!!??! RIGHT? "

While everyone wants a good photo... I HARDLY compare wanting a good pic orrrrrr posing a good pic..... with ALTERING the photo all together!!! Just my opinion.

THANK YOU!:laugh: @EXPLORINLAURE.....man i got jumped from behind for MY look, and my point got lost amungst the haters.

People do that on here.
    Clearly you are gorgeous with a ridiculous body photoshop or not.(which it isn't) And being the OP people are going to pounce.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Smells like farts in here. Who has been eating to much brocolli?

He who smelt it dealt it!
  • ladynblu87
    ladynblu87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have never owned photoshop, not a one of my photos is photoshopped, however I did choose overexposed on my phone for one and some other weird color thing for another but I have never "altered" myself. I will say I dont post crappy pictures of myself, I choose the ones I like the best because I like present myself well. I think that is just being a conscious female.
    I take a couple of pictures and I pick the one I like best and put it on
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    http://www.hemmy.net/2007/05/25/celebrities-before-and-after-photoshop/
    http://jezebel.com/278919/heres-our-winner-redbook-shatters-our-faith-in-well-not-publishing-but-maybe-god
    http://www.yourcover.com/Articles/Most-Blatant-Uses-of-Photoshop-in-Magazines-Ads/

really makes you wonder about the pictures you see in all the magazines

I guess its hard to blame non-celebrities for wanting to touch up their pictures when they have false ideals to look at.
    I don't know much about iphone pics but I'm hoping that the ones that make it to instagram and twitter are not as phoney.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I really can't take this thread seriously.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share that I am eating popcorn and reading this thread.

Carry on.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    To "photoshop" is just the current term, and I hate to break it to you, but YOU ALL "photoshop" your pics (ie: do something to make yourself look better.)
    Do you wear makeup? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you style your hair? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    DO you pick out flattering clothes? Consider it "Photoshopping"
    You get the idea.
    Unless you wake up in the morning, and allow yourself to be photographed unshowered, un made-up, EXACTLY as you wake in the morning, you are, in essence "Photoshopping", ie: trying to affect the outcome of the attractiveness of you in a photo. You're just choosing to not do it in the actual program...

the only "photoshopping" that i do is put a bra on. no makeup, no hair styling, no flattering clothes, i usually just wear baggy sweatpants and a loose tee shirt. the bra is for everyone's safety. i'm a full time college student and work 32 hours a week. i don't have time to look good.
  • DevanEve
    Options
    How do you know a picture is photoshop

If the person is really good at photoshop then you can't. But in other cases... http://imgur.com/gallery/pfuw6 - this is how you can tell.
  • ladynblu87
    Options

If the person is really good at photoshop then you can't. But in other cases... http://imgur.com/gallery/pfuw6 - this is how you can tell.
    That picture was funny but to do all of that takes time right?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

What she said

If you read the OP, then you will see the pic is referring to her cousin. She knows it's photoshopped because it doesn't look like her cousin at all.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've removed pimples before and out of sheer humor I've also added a bunch too. :laugh:

That's awesome! :laugh:
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Pretty much against photoshop.... but I have on occasion done some minor touch ups.... if there was a scratch/scab on my face that I wasn't too fond of showing up in the pictures because it hadn't healed yet..... otherwise my major offense is taking out the two moles on the side of my face I don't like.
  • ladynblu87
    Options

What she said

If you read the OP, then you will see the pic is referring to her cousin. She knows it's photoshopped because it doesn't look like her cousin at all.
    I was talking in general, just how do you know if you don't know the person I read it
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if things are smudged or distorted in a way you know is not like reality... like that girl's hands in that one pic.

My husband just showed me a website you can run pics through that analyzes whether or not they have been photoshopped....
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    <
    There is a lot wrong with me and photoshop fixes .0002% of it. I do however really enjoy my pic.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Its the only way chicks talk to me
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    This is random (and Im board) but I have seen bazillions of pictures everywhere that are obviously photoshopped. My question is WHY?:smokin:

Why would you want to photoshop the CRUD out of your pictures so that it barely looks like you, or doesnt look like you at all. What happens when your photoshopped pictures are out there for everyone to see-right, then you actually meet and they go "DAMN" (in a negative way) because you look nothing like your pictures....isnt that setting yourself up for a huge disapointment??

Whats wrong with the real you... Im just asking.:flowerforyou:

What do you think about people who photoshop all thier pictures...REALLLLLLLLLLLLY:huh:

:flowerforyou: