What's the most polite insult you've recieved?

Options

Replies

• monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    "You look like one of those models...what do they call them? The ones...with size?"

"You look much better now."

And I know it's not meant to be an insult, but it does offend me when people say, "You lost a lot of weight. What did you do? You got your stomach stapled?" :huh: My response: "No, I worked really hard."
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    "You could be really pretty if it weren't for your nose."

That was in 8th grade, when I was very sensitive about the little bump in my nose.

But now I choose to believe she meant it wasn't big enough, since hers was rather beak-like. :^)
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful pregnant! .............. I wasn't pregnant.. - ___ -

OMG I have gotten this a few times, I wasn't pregnant either. I told the last guy who said it to me that unless he sees a woman basically crowning I would never even suggest using the word pregnant.
    Soup. On. My. Screen. This is a hilarious response. :)
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    "you need to mow the lawn down there so I can play with the tree" true story...ex gf...been trim since 1998. :bigsmile:
  • Lcam510
    Lcam510 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "You must be so excited to go to our school reunion looking the way you do now compared to back then!"
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My friend once called me a 'big girl' after i lost 30lbs; he meant tall, but i teased him about it and we laughed; the awkward bit came a few days later when one of my housemates said 'you can't a fat girl fat,' and my insulting friend said 'i called her fat at tesco' and everyone laughed....!

It's kind of wierd, cos they are mostly boys and NEVER even hint at noticing my weight (which is awesome of them). the closest they came is one once said 'you're the nly vegetarian i know who isn't fat, my mum's a vegetarian and eats chocolate all the time' and then surprised comments about how long i could run/cycle for!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Wow. You don't sound like you're from West Virginia!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great for your age! I was 26 at the time :mad:
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You might break the scale if you step on it.

Ummm...Okay!
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    At work a client told me "Honey get a pen and write this down because I know You can't remember it all". The beotch thought I was a new girl, didn't realize I was the office manager and had been here 12 years. People are stupid.

Forgot to mention the lady practically sang this out as she said it....think Fay from Wings.
  • lisahale
    Options
    For me it's always "you carry your weight well." But say it back and you're pretty much the rudest person in the world.

I have had this one a bunch.. and your well proportioned ..
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had not seen my Nan in 13 years (we moved overseas) and I went to stay with her. My cousin had gone blind through diabetes in that time and I heard him ask Nan what I was like. Her response was "she's just like Uncle Bob". Might not seem much, but as a kid all we ever heard was her picking on her brother for being a very large man. I was absolutely shattered at the time.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, my teacher said I'm only getting an A in a certain class because [insert other teacher's name here] is teaching it. And I quote "If I was teaching lecture, I'd guarantee you wouldn't have a 103%" And I pay 30K a year to attend this school!

I have A's in all my other classes too ....

I know this teacher is not on MFP because she's as wide as she is tall, LOL!
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    This was said to my son: Your mom used to be so pretty till she had ya'll......

Same person says to me all the time.....Well for a fat person you have a pretty face, or at least you don't have ugly fat and carry it well

grrr....love my grandmother????
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    when i was in school, someone called me the 'ugly duckling' of my family (i have 3 gorgeous naturally slim sisters).

i'm on my way to being a swan now a**hole!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    i live in a trailer court, and my dad called.. kid told him i was running & would call him back.. i did.. he said.. "you know you wouldnt have to run if you didnt live in a trailer park." WTF? My house didnt make me fat!
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My fave one lately was my mother.

I had reached my first mini goal - 1st stone down, and it had revealed I actually have got something my mother hasn't. An hourglass figure.

So i dressed up in my 'omg I can get into them!' trousers, nice shirt and went to show Mom. She eyed me up and down and said the priceless remark.

'OMG you need to wax your eyebrows honey - you'll never get attention from boys looking like that!.'

I turned back into my room and had to choke the lump in my throat down. >,<
  • Twiliightmoon
    Options
    "You look good, but you could stand to lose a few more pounds."

I was actually underweight when that was said. It was said to me years ago, but it still sticks with me.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    mOMS! They dont realise the power of their words.