Girls who are 5"8, be kind to read this post

Options
1234568»

Replies

• hollyanno1989
    Options
    I'm 5'8, started at 170 in July and now around 143. I'm aiming to get to early 130's finding the weight loss a lot harder after getting below 147. Add me x
  • Gagaluvr
    Gagaluvr Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 160 was at 165. My goal is 145 and I am having a hard time gettng below 160! I think the least I weighed was 150 and I thought that was skinny. Idk if I could ever get down to 140 or less?!? How did u ladies do it? I've exercised since my 20's and my weight just wants to stay the same no matter what. But this week I got serious on counting calories and actually measuring and I lost 3 lbs! I can't believe it.
  • corpulentqt
    Options
    I am 23, 5 foot 8 as well, closer to 5 foot 9 on a good day, and my highest weight ever was 168, I believe. I got up to that point after going on birth control made me gain about 15 pounds in a matter of weeks. It was a crazy amount of water weight! It was terrible. My boobs went from small Bs to a DD! It was shocking.
    Anyway, I also had an undiagnosed thyroid problem that, unbeknownst to me, made it very hard to lose weight...I didnt get diagnosed until last September but have lost about 15 pounds since then by taking my meds and keeping an eye on calories.
    I am currently at 140 pounds but I still have a large amount of fat on me and have a small frame, so I am aiming to lose about 12 or 15 more pounds. My guess is that 125-128 will probably be the sweet spot for me. Good luck on your journey!
  • Gagaluvr
    Gagaluvr Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh and u can add me too :)
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    5' 8" - currently 170, goal weight 149, heaviest 242 pregnant 220 week after birth...
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, 5'8", current weight 203, goal weight 140-145, heaviest was 212
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Started at 194
    currently 164
    Goal 145
    :)
  • LinaS1976
    LinaS1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi There im 5'9 and currently weigh 83 kgs. My goal is to get down to 65. Working at 5kg losses at a time and really concertrating, goodluck
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 140 lbs currently.
    my goal weight is 130 at which point I want to keep working on toning up =)

feel free to add me
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and ashamed to say Im currently at 192
    My goal is about 142
    I was 194 in April :/
    Now I'm 164! Don't be ashamed, let it motivate you!
  • twinsies041
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 130. Normally I would say that is really skinny but I have very narrow hips, and a tiny butt and tiny boobs. I'm pretty petite so I don't really go by the scale! According to a lot of bmi charts i'm under weight but as you can see i'm pretty average :)
    Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • sskirsty
    Options
    I was 211 when I started making some lifestyle changes in September of 2011. I now weigh 144 - my goal is 140, but for the life of me I cannot get below 143. I went from a size 14 to size 8 (US) and am very comfortable with how I look and feel. I have a small butt and tiny boobs, also...but I do have broader hips and shoulders.

Good luck! :)
  • fitnfabulous
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and started MFP at 199 lbs. As soon as I 'take a break' from MFP I gain the weight back! Very frustrating but you'd think i'd learn!
    I started with a personal trainer and Visalus on November 12 and in less than 4 weeks i've lost 11 lbs. I'm now at 176. My goal would be 165 lbs. I'm a large boned girl and I'm 40. I feel if I'm thinner than that i may not feel that i have energy and may look gaunt. I don't know. When i look back at photos, when I got married, I was 135 lbs and a size 5. I honestly think i'd be happy, look and feel healthy at 165.
    Time will tell! Another 11 to go for that!!
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 162....I plan to be muscular. I'm 46 and was 162 for about 2 years in my 40s and was a size 8 and it was easy for me to maintain until it wasn't...if that makes sense. I'm currently about 207, 208....haven't weighed in lately, been sick for more than a week.

I'm rather small boned but I can't seem to get below 150 and stay there, so why fight it. I was in the 130s when I was in teens and 20s, but looked so much better body-wise at 40,41...its the exercise :)

Good luck! Feel free to add me.