How do I get my wife to stop lifting heavy?

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Buy her a copy of P90x or Insanity along with a new broom and dust pan for Christmas. The video will make her go from ripped and sexy to skinny and skeleton-ish in no time flat and the broom will increase her productivity around the house. Just be nice and get her initials engraved on it, now that says love.

Can you please tell my husband where to get me an engraved broom & dustpan for Christmas?? That's all I really, really want!!! It would make my life complete :bigsmile:

I can make you one with a knife from my drawer and $19.95 + S&H.

I'll pass that along to my husband. I'm not allowed to handle money....due to my delicate female status.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Would it help if I spray-painted her dumbbells pink?

I definitely think it would. Dipped in glitter too.

I actually would be more inclined to lift if the dumbbells were pink and glittery.

Pink and glitter makes everything awesome :)

I would love to sneak into my gym late at night and replace all the dumbbells with pink glittery ones, just to see the looks on the meatheads' faces.
  • Khymera
    Options
    lol some people really need to tweak their sarcasm detectors!

"Tweak"? Those bad boys need a total retrofitting!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    You're an *kitten*...
    Hey. The OP was just asking a question. No need for ugly comments. Let's support each other, that's what MFP is here for.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options

I actually would be more inclined to lift if the dumbbells were pink and glittery.

I would love to sneak into my gym late at night and replace all the dumbbells with pink glittery ones, just to see the looks on the meatheads' faces.

I laughed so freaking hard when I read this!

The men in one of the gyms I work at are SO serious about their weight-lifting - I so WANT to do this!

Maybe in December I'll sneak in and wrap each one like the set Frank gives Rocky in The Rocky Horror Pictures Show!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The ad at the bottom of my screen was just "Part Neanderthal?" ( I think it was for some DNA testing or something.)

Seems appropriate somehow...LMAO :laugh:
  • nin_nin22
    Options
    .......... just dumb
  • Ge0rgiana
    Options

I laughed so freaking hard when I read this!

The men in one of the gyms I work at are SO serious about their weight-lifting - I so WANT to do this!

Maybe in December I'll sneak in and wrap each one like the set Frank gives Rocky in The Rocky Horror Pictures Show!

If you still grunt really loud and struggle visibly while lifting a glittery pink weight, is it still uber manly?

As long as the wrap is pink and glittery, I think this is perfectly acceptable.
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Punch her in the balls
  • Ge0rgiana
    Options
    thank you! lifting weights will actually help burn fat! come on ppl get it together...

(I got this, Kittie....) Bless your heart. :flowerforyou:
  • nin_nin22
    Options
    I really hope you're joking...?

Lifting weights is really good for women, from a fitness and appearance point of view, as well as from a physiological/health point of view, for example it helps to improve bone density...

Technically a woman shouldn't be able to get too big, or body-builder-like without taking a little extra something on the side, our bodies don't produce enough testosterone...

thank you! lifting weights will actually help burn fat! come on ppl get it together...
  • larisabones
    Options
    lmfao. Troll!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You're an *kitten*...
    Hey. The OP was just asking a question. No need for ugly comments. Let's support each other, that's what MFP is here for.

Win :)
  • tbear60
    Options
    Wake up, you are dreaming! LOL
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble at home lately. Recently, my wife has gotten into lifting heavy weights. How can I tell her to stick to cardio with the rest of the ladies without sounding like a total jerk? I told her than men don't really like women who lift, but she said I should love her no matter what. She's trying to lose weight anyway, so lifting weights is really counter productive. It's only been about 2 weeks, but already she's started bulging and her shirts are ripping to shreds. We can't really afford to buy new clothes every month. She's also started growing dark hair in all the wrong places, and her sex drive is through the roof (I'm still sore). What am I supposed to do?

Someone telling me NOT to lift/work out would make me want to do it that much more....just to piss them off.

MEN like women who look fit & feminine....Insecure little BOYS like 98-lb. weaklings they can push around both physically and mentally.

What are you supposed to do? Crawl back under the bridge with the rest of the trolls.
  • KittieLea
    Options

(I got this, Kittie....) Bless your heart. :flowerforyou:
    LMAO!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Put Barbie stickers on them and then they will be complete!!!
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I really hope you're joking...?

Lifting weights is really good for women, from a fitness and appearance point of view, as well as from a physiological/health point of view, for example it helps to improve bone density...

Technically a woman shouldn't be able to get too big, or body-builder-like without taking a little extra something on the side, our bodies don't produce enough testosterone...
    OMG - I knew somebody would take this seriously!!!! :laugh:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    o, u so funny
  • KittieLea
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble at home lately. Recently, my wife has gotten into lifting heavy weights. How can I tell her to stick to cardio with the rest of the ladies without sounding like a total jerk? I told her than men don't really like women who lift, but she said I should love her no matter what. She's trying to lose weight anyway, so lifting weights is really counter productive. It's only been about 2 weeks, but already she's started bulging and her shirts are ripping to shreds. We can't really afford to buy new clothes every month. She's also started growing dark hair in all the wrong places, and her sex drive is through the roof (I'm still sore). What am I supposed to do?

Someone telling me NOT to lift/work out would make me want to do it that much more....just to piss them off.

MEN like women who look fit & feminine....Insecure little BOYS like 98-lb. weaklings they can push around both physically and mentally.

What are you supposed to do? Crawl back under the bridge with the rest of the trolls.
    98 pounds is actually my goal weight, and I'm 3 pounds away. SO you're saying once I get there, the boys will like me? :love:
This discussion has been closed.