What gamers do we have on here?

Options

Replies

• ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    alright i'll raise the nerd flag too...

used to play WOW a few years ago, broke that addiction.

Played UO a LONG time ago, broke that addiction too.

Mostly play FPS on Xbox now, Modern Warfare and Gears of War series mostly.
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm mainly playing Guild Wars 2 and loving it.
    I mostly play RPGs on the PC or xbox 360, and I like the occasional horror game and adventure game as well. Games that I've played this year and loved are Skyrim, Kingdom of Amalur and Alan Wake.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    There is an MFP Gamers Group if you;re interested in gaming. Quite a few of us in there.

I'm a PC Gamer primarily, but I have a Wii, X-Box, Dreamcast, N64, PS3 and DS Light....just in case.

I've been computer gaming since 1981 but I "did" used to have a version of pong before that.

Currently playing Guild Wars 2 (which is an incredibly polished and well thought out MMO with no monthly subscription. Makes World of Warcraft look like the past it time sink that it is), and Torchlight 2, which appears to be the game that Diablo 3 might have been if Activision hadn't bought Blizzard and made everything about money. I dont really play any other games. I used to play LOTRO until GW2 turned up...

Thankfully I am pretty good at controlling my play time. My days of sitting motionless in front of the PC all weekend and only getting up to get more snacks and beer are long behind me.... sadly ;)
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm a DK & I like to slaughter bads in WoW, as I say in my rated battlegrounds, "2.2k or GTFO!" ^_^

Occasionally I like to putter around in Minecraft, and I also love old console games, such as, Chrono (Trigger & Cross), Zelda (the effing gold cartridge man, A Link to the Past, Oc., of Time, WW), Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Final Fantasy 1,2,3,7, Breath of Fire series, Super Castlevania, DDR, the Mario series (and of course KART), and I am ashamed to admit this...but remember Dragon Warrior? I effing LOVE that game!

Umm yeah, I'm just going to stop nerdgasming now, because all i want to do is bust out the emulator & stave of sleep. lol. :laugh:
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Playing Skyrim right now. Also had to break an addiction with DDO about a year ago, lol.
  • BiggSarge
    BiggSarge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been gaming since the 70's! I started with Pong, then Atari 2600, Colecovision, NES, Sega 16 bit, PS one and then I started getting into PC gaming before settling back into consoles with the original Xbox, now I play on the 360. I do still play Team Fortress2 on the PC as well. Most games I play now are MW3, Black Ops, Battlefield 3, Halo Reach. I also plan on playing the Mass Effect series sometime soon. I just never seem to have enough time with, work, kids and wife and trying to stay healthy. Anyone need a friend on Xbox 360 feel free to hit me up my gamertag is MSgt1986.

PS. I so want to play Dishonored, Diablo3, Black Ops 2 and Assassins 3
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I play console and computer-based games on my Mac! The last game I was really into was Diablo 3 (I mean, I waited for what seemed like half my life for that to come out!). Tomorrow, I'm going to get Guild Wars 2, and I'm so excited.

On console, I love the Mass Effect series. I recently got Skyrim, but Bethesda games always take a while for me to get into, for some reason.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I still have the original colecovision console unit - the type you needed your dad to lift because it was so damn heavy

I have the original Atari 2600 and all of the cartridges

I have the original Nintendo gaming system

Original Playstation
    Original Playstation 2
    Original Playstation 3

Two full sized computers plus a laptop...

People are shocked that our gaming systems having crapped the bed.... the difference is that we dont pull diehard-weekend gaming fests keeping the consoles going non-stop. We take care of them, my husband performs routine cleanings/maintenance.

We are very much into the Metal Gear Series, Hitman series (DAVID BATESON COMES BACK YEAH!!!!!!!), Assasin's Creed, Final Fantasy series (not all of them though a few were wicked cheesey), Max Payne was pretty good, and so many others...

I am currently repairing my old table-top arcade shaped version of Miss Pacman right now... looks like we can still get parts too which is good...
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I got really excited when I read the title of this thread!

But alas, wrong sort of gaming:-(

I don't play ANY console or PC games, I'm a dyed in the wool table top role player!

Not so much D and D since 4th is pants, but lots of Hollow Earth, Deadlands classic and reloaded, Legend of the Five Rings, Twilight 2000 (nothing to do with sparkly vampires!), Cyberpunk. Victoriana.etc etc.

Never mind:-(
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

I don't play ANY console or PC games, I'm a dyed in the wool table top role player!

Not so much D and D since 4th is pants, but lots of Hollow Earth, Deadlands classic and reloaded, Legend of the Five Rings, Twilight 2000 (nothing to do with sparkly vampires!), Cyberpunk. Victoriana.etc etc.

HEY - no self bashing.... Role-playing games still make you a gamer... and I remember my teenaged years, we had some massive dice rolling... those were the days we were up all weekend.... could easily do that in my teens.. but not so much as a 38 yr old! LOL!
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    MMORPG's though I dont play them as often as I use to ... mainly PC ...played a lot of Aeria games...as well as Diablo II, UO, Everquest, lol
    Options
    I try to make time for some MMO play. Currently in Guild Wars 2. But have played EQ1, EQ2, WOW, Vanguard, FF11 and SWTOR.
    Console games, I do love, particularly RPGs and fighters, but don't have as much time as I used to for dedication to it. My 360 and PS3 spend more time streaming than playing.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options

I've several thousand pounds worth of paper based RPGs in my attic, including AD&D, D&D (basic and expert), Traveller, Paranoia, Boot Hill, Ghostbusters, For Fairey Queen and Country, LaserSquad, Judge Dredd, Rolemaster, Spacemaster and Middle Earth Role Playing. Unfortunatley these days no one plays the games as there are few stores selling anything that isnt Game's Workshop. So I now have to get my kicks out of computer based versions. Last time I checked, it was ~£5,000 which I collected since 1975 when I saw the Basic Edition in a local toy shop (now a trendy wine bar). Those were the days...
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud gamer nerd.

I love my PC games, when I have time....I tend to drift from game to game with my mood.

So, right now, I'm doing a newly modded Fallout New Vegas (Love PC mods), SWTOR (with my 10 and 11 year old sons), Just got Guild Wars 2, Skyrim (waiting for the rest of the DLC to dive back into that one).....and there are probably others I've got hanging around. Oh, and my ongoing Civilization addiction, though I'm mostly off the stuff at this moment.

I also play in person tabletop RPG's. Right now, we're doing Pathfinder, since D&D 4th Ed sucks. I'm also working on a zombe apocalypse using Savage Worlds.

But my greatest pride is in raising three little gamers!
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    I'm a huge nintendo girl :) I love Pokemon ;D
    I also really like xbox, but the only time I can play is when I'm with my boyfriend.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I play League and GW2!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options

I've several thousand pounds worth of paper based RPGs in my attic, including AD&D, D&D (basic and expert), Traveller, Paranoia, Boot Hill, Ghostbusters, For Fairey Queen and Country, LaserSquad, Judge Dredd, Rolemaster, Spacemaster and Middle Earth Role Playing. Unfortunatley these days no one plays the games as there are few stores selling anything that isnt Game's Workshop. So I now have to get my kicks out of computer based versions. Last time I checked, it was ~£5,000 which I collected since 1975 when I saw the Basic Edition in a local toy shop (now a trendy wine bar). Those were the days...

No I completely disagree!!!! My store sells lots of role play, we have even got rid of our GamesWorkshop stuff because it is too expensive these days! There are lots of new rpg's not just D and D, We have about 100 people who come and use our gaming rooms, all of them table toppers! Find a rule set you enjoy and make up your own game. The best one we did recently was one based on Dollhouse by Joss Whedon using cyberpunk rules!
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I just started playing DDO a couple of weeks ago. I think I'm addicted already :laugh:
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i have WoW but havent been able to afford it for awhile, also have Nintendo Wii, PS3, Nintendo Game Cube and N64 but my 10 yr old plays them more then i do. the only games i have been playing lately are Wii Sports and EA Sports Active 2 Personal Trainer for the Wii.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Mostly PC, used to do console a bit, GW2 is my current addiction :glasses: