Size 24 to size what??

Options

Replies

• tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6", 320lbs and wearing between a 26W and a 30W depending on the brand of jeans. I hate how it seems like there's no universal sizing chart between companies... makes it a pain in the butt to buy jeans!

When I started here I was 340lbs wearing 32W, so it all depends on the brand, but I can say I've lost anywhere between 1-3 sizes.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hey! 5'9" & currently weigh around 183+/- & wear a loose 12/fitted10. I still need to lose about 15 lbs before I'm healthy weight an.d then tone. I'll probably end in a size 8. :) don't worry! That can be done! I use to wear a size 28. 203 lbs lost as of this morning. it's totally worth it just keep with it.

Awesome job!!!!
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am 5"5" and I have gone from a size 30w to a size 14/16.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 22 - 20 (AU) to size 18, almost in 16s.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1, but started out at 258.5 lbs and size 24W jeans. I'm now 159 lbs and currently in a misses size 12. Yay! Still have 25 - 30 lbs left to lose.
  • rce884
    rce884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7 and presently 297 and size 24, my goal is to get to a size 14/16 so i can go into a regular store and buy what i like off the rack. andnot have to pay extra for the apparent yards of material it takes to go up to my size (sorry that was abit sarcastic, i just get irked when i think of the lovely outfits that i havent been able to afford because i am plus size)

i think i will want to be smaller when i reach 14/16 but for now that is my goal. i was quite happy at 170 so that is my timid goal.
  • KrayKira
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and was a size 24..
    Almost in a size 16 now with about 40kg to lose....
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 -- Size 24 to Size 14. My goal is a size 10. I have a pair of 12's hanging in my bedroom, just waiting for me!
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! What an overwhelming response!! Thank you SO MUCH for all of the encouragement and to let me know what it really can be done. If any one of you want to send a friend request, I'd be happy to accept any and all.

Thanks again! This is what I really needed to hear. My journey starts NOW!!!!!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!!!!!!!!
  • jayneh88
    Options
    I have gone from a size 22/24 at Christmas to now a size 18 even getting in some 16. Getting to an 18 was easy - due to stress, I ate less. I have lost 8lbs in 10 days eating around 1000/1200 cals a day. only abit of exercise. I have cut out fizzy pop. have 3 meals a day and eat clean. fruit n veg instead of junk! Next week the exercise kicks in, hoping to lose a stone by mid Nov - to go to disneyland.
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    As you can see, it is possible to be smaller. How much smaller? that depends on you, what you want your body to look like and how hard you want to work.

Concentrate on healthy and active. You will surprise yourself on how much you can do. Small steps, changing up your diet and walking or aerobic exercise 3 times a week. As you get lighter and fitter you will do more cardio, lift weights so when your fat melts away you have nice tone muscles to show off and not flabby skin.

Changes wont happen over night, its a life long process. You will have bad eating days and days you just dont want to exercise. But if those days are few an far between, you will do just fine.

I am 5'2" starting weight was 218 current weight is 159, hope to lose 20 more lbs. I have been at this for a year. Each day it gets easier to stay on track. I use to not be able to run around the block, now I am up to 6 miles. You will notice as you get smaller and closer to your goal the weight is harder to get off, you will have to work harder and that gets a bit discouraging.

What helps me is if I get discourage I'll go lift 60lbs of weights and say "you were walking around carrying this every day" I couldn't walk around all day carrying 60 lbs. So I know its not good for my joints and heart.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Its not easy but you will fee soo much better physically and mentally!!!
  • caslyn3
    caslyn3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was a size 20 at my starting weight 238, I am now 206 and just in a size 18, I actually tried on a size 16 the other day and they fit! But I haven't started buying new clothes yet.. It gets too expensive to buy new clothes all the time.. I wear a really baggy size 18 LOL
  • Devona14
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and started at 260 lbs, 24W. I'm now down to 206 and in a size 18W. I could probably get into a 16W, but I'm so used to the bagginess that I'd feel to poured into them. One of the good things is that now everything in my closet fits. The bad thing (if it can be a bad thing) everything I own, aside from one pair of jeans, is too big. I love being able to take off my pants without having to unbutton or unzip them. A few weeks ago I wore a pair of 24W jean capris to Walmart. I had to practically hold them on me. Love, love, love this feeling! My goal is to lose another 61 lbs at least and wear a size 10.

Wanted to add, if I can do it, anyone can!
  • Aimee2691
    Options
    Great question first of all! Secondly....you CAN do this!! I was 342lbs and squeezing into a size 26/28 or 30/32 (when I could find them)I'm currently in an 18 and some 16's fit depending on the brand. I have lost 95lbs in the last 10 1/2 months and I currently weigh 246lbs. I still have another 60-70 to go. My goal overall is to be a size 10-12 and just be happier in my skin. I started out doing Zumba, which I still do 3 days a week but I have added weight training and most recently running. Never thought it was possible for me to run, but holy heck I'm doing it!! Ive take my journey 10lbs at a time. I found for me having smaller goals didn't overwhelm me. Everyone's journey is different and unique just like we all are as people. The best advice I can give you is to track your food as close as possible. Its a huge help. Buy a heart rate minuter with a chest strap to use while exercising, this will track ur calories so u will know exactly what you burn. Start with a form of exercise that is fun and that you enjoy doing. If its fun its easier to stick with and be motivated to do. Zumba was great for me, I love to dance. Even though I couldn't do all the moves at first I stuck with it and I'm amazed at what I can do now. You will be amazed at what your body will be able to do too! You can do this! You are worth it! Ill add you, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask. Id love to help in anyway I can!! Good luck on your journey to the NEW YOU!!!
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Trust me, it can be done! FR sent
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 26 to an 18 so far...I can fit 16/18 in stretchy stuff.
    Everything I did is in my blog, you can skip the first entry (It's just before and afters.)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TinGirl314
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Years ago I was a UK 22 (so US 18) and i got down to a UK 10/12 (US 6/8). I got a bit bigger, up to a US 12/14, went down a couple of sizes for my wedding,. I was a US 12 after my first baby, and had my 2nd 22 months later and was a US 14/16, and now, 16 months later, I am a US 8/10 and aiming to get back to a 6/8. I've got some trousers I bought from Abercrombie and Fitch in 2003 when I went to California, they're a US 8 and they do up now but I have a slight muffin top.

So, yes, you can do it!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 5'8". My highest weight was 190lbs and I was a 14 or 16 (US) and XL tops.

Now I am 160.5 and I am a 10 and M tops. The 10s are a little loose but I haven't tried an 8 yet. I would like to end up a 4/6. My goal weight was 145, but now I think it's anywhere from 135-145.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I started out in a 24 but I'm about a 20 now; i recently discovered that 22's are too big :):):) I'm 5'4. I'm taking each day a day at a time. Most ppl wld not believe my current weight when they look at what size I'm in, but I'm a "solid" pear shape who carries most her weight in the hips/thighs. If I could drop this, I'd be really doing something LOL

What motivated me to get healthy? I got tired of not being able to fit the clothes in my closet AND really I just want to be healthy for "me". I have a grand dtr I adore and of course my family and loved ones and I CHOOSE to be around along time to enjoy all of them. You can do it :):):)

Another motivator...MYFITNESSPAL :):):)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm quite a bit shorter at 5'3.75". I started at size 20 to 22 and now I'm size 6 to 8
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!