The most expensive item ever purchased for YOURSELF?

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Got a new car about 6 months ago for $48500 am hoping to keep it for a while and enjoy it!!!!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Her name was Tatiana. Best night ever.

Classic! :laugh:
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My car and degree are up there. Does my eye surgery count? Best investment ever, $4500! I suppose for a smaller item my iPad but I used birthday money plus also wrote it off as an expense, I do consulting work on the side.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a house when I was 22. It was a fixer upper, but I figured why pay rent. Plus I was young enough to spend my evenings and weekends painting, plumbing, electrical, cabinet work with my grandpa's expertise.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Most expensive : Chrysler 300

2nd most expensive and best: Divorce
  • jonnyrosko
    jonnyrosko Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    $500 on a custom tailored 3 piece suit. Well worth it. I just need friends to get married or people to kick the bucket so I can wear it more often.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Grad school :sick:

Other than that (and not counting daily driver/the house), I'm pretty much a cheapskate :smile:
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Round the world plane ticket! I leave for New Zealand in November, then Australia, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam :D

That sounds amazing!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My graduation gift to myself -- my puppy :) Having a dog is not cheap but it's oh so worth it.

Dogs are the best!

Isn't that the truth! But, I should tell you that my dog is the best of the best, hands down :)
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My Corgi puppy was 700$

I know money isn't supposed to buy happiness and friendship, but in this case I think an exception has to be made

<3 Love you lildog!

PBSFZl.jpg

Love it! There's a lot to be said for the value of a furry companion :)
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A house. I never quite finished paying for that one though.

Same here. Just bought it in June. Best thing I could have ever done for myself. :)
  • peles_fire
    Options
    Blew $1600 on a year of personal training. Didn't even ask the hubby, just bit the bullet and went for it. When I got home and told him, I saw all the blood drain out of his face. Then I told him to picture coming home from work a year from now and being greeted at the door and handed a cold beer by a sexy wife wearing about 2.5 inches of lace and string. After that, he was good with it.

But when I signed that contract, I have to admit, I thought there was at least a 35% chance I'd vomit.
  • LiliWray
    LiliWray Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    tuition... I hate paying for university out of pocket :grumble: :sad:
  • nc_moon_beam
    nc_moon_beam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Horses and all their accessories.... I refuse to add up their total annual costs. They're less expensive than psyco-therapy, though!
  • bsuzanne88
    bsuzanne88 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I bought myself braces when I turned 20. So happy with that decision.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    A recent trip to California. Just a close friend and I went. Kids and hubbys left at home! :)
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Brand new 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

I loved that car, damn kids grew up and couldn't fit in the back seat...
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    A 3 week vacation to India and Nepal when I was 20. Learned a LOT from that trip!
    Apart from that.. €200,- on a pair of Prada heels.. Sooo pretty! And they were half off!! :embarassed:

Edit: Next year I'll be doing my masters degree which will cost me about €20.000.. The thought already scares the living daylights out of me!
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    My Truck
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    house :)

not life purchases... when I re-stocked on supplements, protein, blender bottle, etc. All in all it was about $200