Size 24 to size what??

Options

Replies

• Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i am 5'5 and i hit sz26 ..at 35 i started to diet and the gym.. i am 41 still 5'5 but i am a proud sz 4... lots of hard work and still i struggle with food!! i hasnt been easy but its not impossible....
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 9"

I started
    at 200 lbs size 18-20 Feb. 2012
    at 180 lbs size 16
    at 170 lbs size 14
    at 160 lbs size 12
    at 155 lbs size 10 Sept. 2012

I generally carry my weight pretty evenly.. more hourglass than rectangular, or apple shaped!

Hope that helps.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and my highest size (after the birth of my son) was a 28, I am currently a size 19 in juniors plus pants and can wear and 18 in dresses!
    My goal size is a comfortable size 14!
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    5'9', 33 years old...started at 240, wearing a size 18 and should have been in a 20.

I'm now down to 26.8% BF (didn't start calculating that until recently), 193lbs (and stalled for the moment), wearing size 14.

Ultimately, my goal is 20% BF. That should put me around 155 lbs.

I did it working out, being more aware of my portions/what i was eating, and honestly, but cutting out sodas and chugging water.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    I started at a 24, pushing a 26. Today I wear any where from an 8-10 depending on the brand.
  • ssanderbrink
    ssanderbrink Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I Started at a size 24 and I am 5'8 I have lost 33 lbs and am currently wearing a 18. I think 12 will be where I want to end but we will see. I think it depends on what you will be comfortable with and Healthy of course. You can do it , one day at a time. Just remember its not a race, its a journey.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    Started as a UK size 16 now between an 8 to 10 depending on store
  • Platypusimus
    Platypusimus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was once a size 24 almost 26 - but now I am sometimes a size 18 (though not in jeans!). But I haven't been that big since before I joined here.
    **edit** I am also 5'7.5"
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am 5"9 and 29 and I started out at a size 'Who Knows?' I was at least a 24 anyway and I am now buying UK16-12 clothes depending on stule or retailer and I still have another 10kg to lose! To finish a size 8 would be nice but a 10 would be fine by me! As long as I can keep it up forever and I am fit and happy it is all good!
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Size 24-26W's in January to a Misses 12/14 and it's amazing!! :) You can do this!!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I started at size 22. I am now in a 14!
  • steflbrown
    Options
    I am 5'7" and started working out at size 26. I'm down to a comfortable 20 and still have lots to go! You can do it!
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was a size 36W and it was tight. I had to buy them at a big girl's store and occaisionally shop at the big man's store for jeans. I am currently a juniors 11/13.
    [/quot
    AWESOME!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I was a 24-26ish. I'm mid-range into my goal, and am a 16 now. This is after a total of about 75 pounds gone since I started this journey (not my current bout of loss, though that total includes it). I still have at least 30 more pounds to shed, probably closer to 40. It'll be interesting to see what size I am then....

ETA: I am 5'5".
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and am 5' 7.25" and i'm a size 4/6 at 160ish lbs. I started at a size 14+ at 185 lbs two years ago and my default picture is me today in my newest pair of skinny jeans!
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and i started at 256 a size 20 w now im 214 and i can wear 16's and i have a pair of 14 w that i can get in good as well
  • nikki_0522
    nikki_0522 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and was a size 20. I'm currently in a size 12 and still loosing weight.
  • aejbx4x7s
    Options
    I'm 5'9. Started here as a size 8 and now down to a 4. I have a VERY small frame. I would like to lose a few more pounds, but I'm way more concerned with lifting and changing how my body is shaped than the number on the scale. Before I started on MFP, I had lost 25 pounds. Before that, I was a size 12.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I was a size 24 and I'm now a size 14, but those are getting loose so I'm probably soon to be a size 12.

I'm a M/S in the top ....

and a 16/14/12 (? I hope) in the bottom....

Different companies sizing charts drive me crazy sometimes.

Edited to add: I'm 5'6"
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I started out in a size 20 at 263lbs. I'm now back in my size 16 and 225 after 4 months. I log everyday even on a cheat day, drink so much water you feel like you'll float away and excercise when I can. I also try to eat every couple of hours so I don't get hungry. Otherwise if I get hungry, watch out refrigerator! It's very enlightening to see on cheat days how much you actually ate. It'll help you learn how to change your habilts. Honestly, isn't that what we're all here for? Just be honest with your logging and excercise even a little when you can. Just get up and move, whatever that may be. Park a little further at the store, those little things add up. Good luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!