I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    All you ladies saying you wear a 34C and don't believe you could be a 30DD- it's a sister size! 34C is the same cup volume as 32D and 30DD and 28E, and so on. A 28D is the same cup volume as a 32B or 34A. Basically, if you're really skinny and have small boobs, you're probably a 28C or 28D and not a 34A. I used to wear a 32D, then a 34D then a 32DD, now I'm in my proper size of 28G and it is SO much better. My measurements are 26' ribcage and 34/35' bust. You know how you get back fat when the band is too tight? It's actually from the cups being too small, believe me. You can push the fat into the bra when it's the right size. It's your breast tissue escaping.
    I highly recommend this guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/comments/rh26h/is_getting_fitted_for_a_bra_as_humiliating_as_it/c469bi0

It is posted by the user 'MyWifeIsBusty'. The bra calculator he posted is also very good. Try it out!

Thank you, I had no idea. Been wearing a 34C and after doing the calculator decided to go get fitted at Nordstrom's. Ended up leaving with some lovely new 32D bras...that actually fit! I thought because I'm 120lbs that there is no way I was a D cup.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I got 30DD...wait what?

seriously - I'm not so sure on the exhaling thing. It gets even larger in the cup size (since the band gets smaller) when I do that to 30DDD. and I currently wear a 34C.
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pattesterman
    pattesterman Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump for later thank you
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I currently wear a 34B, but according to this I'm a 32C, really?
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I decided to test out whether or not this is right today.

Prior to weight loss I was a 38D, and since losing weight I've been wearing at 34B.
    According to this calculator, I'm a 32C. I went and tried on that size today, and guess what? It was right!
    I think this is the first time in my life I've ever owned a bra that actually fits perfectly. Huzzah!
  • Mamasota
    Options
    I agree - when it comes to getting the right bra, Nordstrom rocks! Most people don't realize that the right bra can instantly make you look slimmer. I invest in really good bras - buying new ones each year during the anniversary sale (July) - Le Mystere's are my favorites. I'm told they are Opraha's favorites too. Victori'a's Secret and Soma both try to put you in what they have not what you need. The biggest problem with most bras for us larger girls is side support. I haven't found anything better than the Le Mystere Tisha and Dream Tisha bras for that.
  • Mamasota
    Options
    So all that being said, where does one FIND these sizes in middle America? I've certainly never seen them in Penney's, Sears, Kohl's, etc., and can't afford $50 underwear from some online specialty shop.

For the less expensive alternatives, try Playtex. They have more sizes and fairly good support - try a molded cup style. You can buy them online for less at onehanesplace.com for signtificant savings.
  • MommyToCutie
    MommyToCutie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hmm this calculator says I'm a 34C and I've been wearing a 34B. Maybe it's right. I thought the issue for my bras was that the band was too tight and that I should be a 36B. This is a good excuse to go bra shopping. I just hope the girls don't shrink too much when I start losing more weight! :tongue:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    All you ladies saying you wear a 34C and don't believe you could be a 30DD- it's a sister size! 34C is the same cup volume as 32D and 30DD and 28E, and so on. A 28D is the same cup volume as a 32B or 34A. Basically, if you're really skinny and have small boobs, you're probably a 28C or 28D and not a 34A. I used to wear a 32D, then a 34D then a 32DD, now I'm in my proper size of 28G and it is SO much better. My measurements are 26' ribcage and 34/35' bust. You know how you get back fat when the band is too tight? It's actually from the cups being too small, believe me. You can push the fat into the bra when it's the right size. It's your breast tissue escaping.
    I highly recommend this guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/comments/rh26h/is_getting_fitted_for_a_bra_as_humiliating_as_it/c469bi0

It is posted by the user 'MyWifeIsBusty'. The bra calculator he posted is also very good. Try it out!

According to this I'm a 36E. Um...what? There's no way they can be that big. I've been wearing 40Cs (even a bra fitter told me this was my size) all my life. Some fit better than others but I don't think I found the perfect bra yet. There are no Nordstroms in the state of PA according to their website. I don't wanna order a 36E only to have to send it back.

The calculator posted by the OP said I was a 38DD. I little more feasible but still...I don't know if that's true either. I'm so confuuuuused. >.<
  • ClareWantsProgress
    Options
    So all that being said, where does one FIND these sizes in middle America? I've certainly never seen them in Penney's, Sears, Kohl's, etc., and can't afford $50 underwear from some online specialty shop.

For the less expensive alternatives, try Playtex. They have more sizes and fairly good support - try a molded cup style. You can buy them online for less at onehanesplace.com for signtificant savings.

Thank you for the suggestion - I will see if I can find any. I've just truthfully NEVER seen a 32DD which is what the OP's calculator said I would be. You can't return bras, though, can you? Another reason I'm leery of spending lots of cash.
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Need to look at this at home!
  • ClareWantsProgress
    Options
    O.k., I stand corrected. Once I was able to find a bra online in the size this says I should wear, I ordered one.

It fit.

My hubby will NEVER believe I am a double D. LOL
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options

According to this I'm a 36E. Um...what? There's no way they can be that big. I've been wearing 40Cs (even a bra fitter told me this was my size) all my life. Some fit better than others but I don't think I found the perfect bra yet. There are no Nordstroms in the state of PA according to their website. I don't wanna order a 36E only to have to send it back.

The calculator posted by the OP said I was a 38DD. I little more feasible but still...I don't know if that's true either. I'm so confuuuuused. >.<
    Bra sizes are so misleading. The cups of a 36E actually aren't any bigger than the cups of a 40C. The cup sizes don't represent an absolute volume of breast tissue, but rather the difference between your circumference at the ribcage and circumference at the middle of the breast.

I am very curious to try something from The Little Bra Company because based on the calculator my current size is way off... but I'm also hesitant to pay shipping for something that I don't know if will fit.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    34DD, cripes!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    After having babies and gaining weight, I struggled to find bras that fit. Before my pregnancies, I had been a 34B my entire adult life (had my first baby at 29). Afterwards, I hated bra shopping with a passion. I tried online size calculators, and invariably was told I was a 40A! That didn't fit at all! So, instead I would go to the department store and try on 10 different bras in varying cup and band sizes. Through that trial and error, I began wearing a 38D. Pretty big difference between 40A and 38D, don't you think? Well, I've lost weight of course, and had gone down to a 38C. I recently bought a 36C because my boobs were swimming in the 38C. In the 36C, the band fits perfectly, but the cups are a little small (I've got a little bra cup muffin top, especially in my left side, you ladies know what I'm talking about). This calculator shows I am a 36D. So, I would say it is right on!! Thanks!!

Oh, I would add that all the previous online calculators I ever used seemed to indicate the measurements should be done without a bra on. But, I think that was a major contributing factor to the misinformation as the girls were seriously deflated after having babies and breast feeding. This calculator shows (the little pictures) a bra on while taking the measurements.
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thatyogagirl
    thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! I wore the wrong bra size for so many years!!!! I always thought I was a 36 C...I used the calculator, and last weekend went to the store to try the size the calculator gave me, and a 36 C to compare them....OMG, the calculator was right, 34 D feels and looks a lot better!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Bump