What is the best concert you have been to?

Options

Replies

• lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have been to a couple that stand out to me. In particular Josh Groban (because he is funny and very talented) but the BEST concert story I have is when I was 18. My friends parents had bought us tickets to go see Billy Joel for my birthday. We had nose bleed seats. We were sitting there waiting for the concert to start and this guy came up and asked if we were alone. Of course growing up in a small town I have no problems telling people the truth. I said yes, while my friend said no. So eventually he told us that he worked for Billy Joel and was going around to people with horrible seats and bringing them down to the second row. We were so nervous when we went to our new seats that we were going to get kicked out because they were fraud tickets. Nope, second row it was. Even touched his leg!!!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Depeche Mode -Violator tour

Godsmack- Faceless tour
  • dissociati0n
    Options
    either Green Day or Lights.
    They're both amazing <3
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Bon Jovi :)
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    every concert I've been to I say is the best one...but to date the BEST ONE EVER was seeing and meeting Train! WOOT! The guys are so friggin cool!

Picture of me and my best friend with the boys on my profile page
  • chinasaurus86
    Options
    best concerts i've ever been to are:

1. Sept. 29th 2009, my best friend got my pit tickets to see Blink-182 because they have been one of my all time favorites since junior high. i was in tear with excitement and was like 2 feet from tom delonge. dreams really do come true!

2. last year, the british indie band WHITE LIES, which is my favorite band ever, came to a teeny tiny venue in houston and i got to experience them live. i wept. it was so wonderful.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i just saw beats antique in this weird, little venue in what is otherwise kind of a crappy town. they were freaking amazing!
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    For me it would be Queen in the 80's in Toronto
    maybe Joe Satriani a couple of years ago if you're into guitar
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Common (2001)
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have a ton, but one of the best shows I've seen was NIN in 2010 in NH. Effects were amazing and Trent Reznor is a god.
    I saw Deftones last year in a smaller venue nothing fancy but godamn it was great!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Pink Floyd East Troy Wisconsin 1985 wow long time. One of the nicest concerts we have been to was at Busch Gardens in Tampa their summer fun concert was great and close to the last concerts the little ones 9 and 11 want front row seats so when the gate was open I did a sprint like crazy guess what I was beat by a 13 year old kids but he gave us the front row middle to end seats he said I ran so fast for a Mom that I impressed him. If only he knew the only thing that kep me going was GO MOMMY GO MOMMY the smile on their face was priceless. I will confess I was sore the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Best concert was when I saw Pantera they were with Nothing Face, Morbid Angel, and Soulfly.

Best one performance from a band I've seen was Godsmack, followed closely by Santana (pre-colaboration ****), Anthrax, and Lamb of God. I know, quite a mix.

not a huge Godsmack fan, but they really put on a good show live.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I am an old rocker and have been to tons of concerts. Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, etc, etc. But I also like jazz and class acts like Judy Garland, etc. So about 7 years ago my husband bought me tickets to see Barbra Streisand. I cried and cried for months before the show. It was a fabulous concert. And.... during that particular show she was filming a movie and when we bought it, guess who is noticeable in the audience? We were!!!! That's how good the seats were. It was one of the most meaningful memories in my life. :flowerforyou:
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have a ton, but one of the best shows I've seen was NIN in 2010 in NH. Effects were amazing and Trent Reznor is a god.
    I saw Deftones last year in a smaller venue nothing fancy but godamn it was great!

just saw Deftones last month with SOAD.... Such an amazing show.
  • JLand918
    Options
    hmmm I have seen...cypress hill, jimmies chicken shack,everclear,sugar ray,blue meridian,3rd strike, save ferris,cherry poppin daddies, sting, natalie merchant,the mavericks, mary chapin carpenter...list goes on.
  • AnitaRose72
    AnitaRose72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For me it would be Queen in the 80's in Toronto
    maybe Joe Satriani a couple of years ago if you're into guitar

I took my son to a Joe Satriani (his all time favorite gutarist) concert last year. He was amazing!!!
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Stone Temple Pilots......best show I've seen........Carlos Santana is close though
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Saw Neil Diamond back in '82. He was fabulous! Saw him again years later and that man is still damn fabulous! Seriously, who doesn't like Neil Diamond...<whistling Sweet Caroline> dum, dum, dum....:smile:
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    Coheed and Cambria
  • Chelle265
    Chelle265 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Dead 90
    :heart:

I only made it to 2 Dead Shows... wish I had made it to more. Thanks to the tapers, we can catch a glimpse of so many incredible shows.