You WILL FAIL with MFP, like every other diet...

Options

Replies

• vico1612
    Options
    TLDNR
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Mutters very, very quietly

*this must be an American thing. Praise for stating the obvious is just not the British way of doing things - all I can say is: no sh-it Sherlock"

Now she goes away, quite quickly.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Indeed. Fad diets are bull**** as well. Eat good--limit the not so good stuff. Exercise some and you will see changes. No excuses.
  • hockra
    hockra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your inspirational post which i happened to come across at a perfect time. I totally agree with all you say and it is how I've been successful with my life changes and weight loss (because of MFP).

In the last couple days, I've gone a little backwards and know I have to get a handle on it ----decisions! Your post is that "banner" I needed to see today to nudge and encourage me that MFP works when I allow it to.

Thanks bunches! At the end of today, I will say to myself that your post helped me have another successful MFP day. This is much better than what I could be saying - that the day was not successful because I chose to sabotage my progress once again
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Mutters very, very quietly

*this must be an American thing. Praise for stating the obvious is just not the British way of doing things - all I can say is: no sh-it Sherlock"

Now she goes away, quite quickly.

And because it isn't YOUR way of doing things you feel the need to come along and put someone down? Other's (and I'd be willing to wager they aren't ALL Americans (as if that makes a difference)) found it inspirational and motivational...how is that bad??
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Great post - thank you!
  • VickyClare75
    Options
    Great post!
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    And because it isn't YOUR way of doing things you feel the need to come along and put someone down?

That's not quite what I meant - though I can see how it reads like that if you miss the self deprecating humour of the Sherlock reference.

BUT if you want to slate me, go for it! I didn't find it inspirational or motivational and I find the practice of praising the obvious as though it were a statement of genius extremely unsettling.

And as this is a forum and I have the right to reply, I did! As did you!
  • Amabuela
    Options
    I like MFP because of the strict personal accountability. If I keep track of my daily intake, my "mistakes" show up very quickly. At the end of the day, or even of a meal, I can see exactly where I took in too much fat, too much sugar, too little fiber, etc. It really helps guide me in meal planning. It also makes me conscious (I use a Fitbit) of how little I actually exercise in my "normal" activities. If I find in the afternoon I have burned only 700 calories all day, I go for a walk or walk on a treadmill or some other cardio exercise. It has made a huge difference.
  • rekibmtn
    Options
    I completely agree. There have been times when I have a bad weekend and eat whatever the heck I want, but I get right back on track and off comes the weight. I am real close to my goal, but don't intend to stop using MFP. It helps keep me in check and motivates me to continue my healthy lifestyle; not a DIET. I don't worry a great deal about what types of food I eat, but of course you can eat a lot more of some foods than others for the same caloric intake. I just try to balance the good with the bad.
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    ***LIKE***
  • wingednotes
    Options
    I liked it :)

(of course, I'm also just an American, so I guess that's why.)
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Gr:flowerforyou: Great :flowerforyou:
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Too true!! Commitment to changing to a healthy lifestyle with no shortcuts.
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such a great post!!!
  • Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow... strong ... really strong. I loved it.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    What? This isn't a magic website? I thought if I just logged in everyday that I would lose weight!

That's it. I'm done. I'm leaving.

I'm leaving.

I'm gone.

I want someone to respond with "DON'T GO!".

/sarcasm

Awww! Don't go. (More sarcasm)
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    That's one of the most amazing MFP posts I have ever seen!
    Seriosly I am so motivated right now! :D
    Thank you, awesome stranger :)

:laugh: :happy: :wink: :grumble: