Size 24 to size what??

Options

Replies

• Melissasev
    Options
    You can totally do this! I was a 26, 5'2 and about 290 at my heaviest. I got down to a size 9 within two years by cutting out fried foods, fast foods, and all sodas. Even Diet sodas. I got pregnant Ans got back up to 180. She's is now a year old, and I finally feel that the weight is coming off again. I've been doing Plexus Slim for three weeks and dropped from a 12 to a size 9...but before the supplement, I just watched what I ate. I keep peanut butter crackers, jerkey, or a bag of carrots or celery in my purse anytime Im workin so that Im not tempted to geta bag of chips or burger at the closest spots around my job.

You seem driven. That's all that it takes :)
  • cari_o
    cari_o Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You've got this!! I used to be a size 20 at my chunkiest(250 lbs) when i was bit younger, i actually lost 50lbs in one summer where i would walk in the same spot (i would include lunges and arm rotations in it) while watching tv and made sure i did that for at least an hour every single day. I also wore a sauna suit 3 times a week while doing that. ive maintained the weightloss till recently, i gained a bit back, im now a size 16(214 lbs), my goal is to be a size 8 :) Good luck!
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Awesome journeys everyone, loved reading through all of them. I started out on June 18th 2012 at 252lbs and a size 24 (UK) in jeans and a size 22(UK) in tops. Now 103 days later I'm 208lbs and in a size 18-20 jean and size 16-18 top (depending on the brand).

Goal is to be around 150lbs and a size 12-14(UK), don't think I've ever been that weight in my adult life! You can do it, MFP is amazing as is the community on here, keep that goal in mind and you will get there :-)

EDIT: Forgot to put I'm 5'6
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and was wearing tight 13/14 pants. Now I'm into a 7/8 :) Still not done yet but I feel so much happier

Same here...i thought i was done but the more tone my body gets the looser my size 8's get!
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I started in a size 24 at my highest (5'5" and 288 pounds). I'm now down 100 pounds and I comfortably wear a size 12. Almost ready to get into a size 10. In fact, my profile pic is a medium top and size 10 jeans.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh, my plan of attack? Easy, at first. Walking was my exercise. Just walking, starting with a mile a day and going up from there. Then lots of water (100 oz a day at least) and about 1800 calories. With so much weight to lose, that was more than enough to get me started!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was a size 24 (snug) :wink:

and I'm currently in a size 6 :noway:
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was a 28 when i was 350 lbs.. I am 5'10 now, 137-140 lbs and a size 4-6 :}
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". Ten years ago, I lost 110 lbs. I went from a 22-24 down to a Large in tops, 14-16 in jeans. (I have a small waist, but a bubble butt that does not go away, thankfully.)

But I agree with the previous poster who said to try not to focus on what size you'll be when you reach your goal. If you look in the mirror and you are happy with what you see, who cares what size is on the tag?
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am 43, 5'6". I am currently 18/20. I want to be 12. That seems perfect to me!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I was a18/20, now I'm a 12/14. I'm 5'5 and want to get down to a size 6/8. I think anything less than a size 6 would be too small for me since I have a large frame
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    5'8 here, started a size 24, and rock loose size 12 in jeans these days. I wore a size 12 dress all of yesterday, which was something I never dreamed of doing! I think within the next ten pounds, I'll be a comfortable 10, which is as low as I want to get.
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was 280, size 22-24, as of today 237 size 18 and I'm 5'7 1/2". I didn't think I would even ever see the teens again, but it is coming off!!!! This thread is so encouraging!!! Keep logging, logging, logging!!! It will happen :-).
  • rettab773
    rettab773 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    wow!! great job keep up the good job.
  • seriouslypinkchick
    Options
    I started in size 24 and that was becoming really tight and boarder 26 :( i am now 66lb lighter since May 2012 and now size 20 feel so much betterfor it but still long way to go my target is to be a size 10/12 but with MFP and you guys i know i will get there if i could get in an 18 by Dec i be happy :)
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to this feeling. I have been obese my entire adult life and it has given me fat brain. I really feel larger than what I actually am and I have a hard time believing I will be smaller than a size 18. I am now a size 14/16 and I am having difficulty believing that I could be a size 12. However, it can happen. :) I was a size 22/24 when I started. You can do it!!!!! Good luck! Friend me if you like for support!

I completely relate to this...I've been morbidly obese for my entire adult life. The last time I wasn't obese or overweight was when I was 11 years old, lol. My biggest was a size 26/28 and just yesterday I bought my first pair of size 6 jeans! Fat brain syndrome, I love that term because that is exactly how I feel!
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 pounds in 3 months. I still wear the same size 20 jeans but before I had to wash in cold water and line dry, and they were tight, Now I wash in warm water and tumble dry. I've got a size 18 hanging in my closet. 5 more pounds?
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Went to Belk today because my old clothes are becoming laughably large. Walked in wearing my US 16 jeans, walked out with two brand new pairs of 14s! Tried on some 14s a week ago and no dice. C25K is really helping!

One more size until my high school size!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and have gone from a 22/24 at 276 pounds to a size L tops/yoga pants and size 12 jeans at 173 pounds. I have way too much *kitten* to fit into smaller pants yet lol, although I do have one pair of size 10 stretchy jeans from Old Navy that I am able to get on rather nicely.
  • jensmithdc
    Options
    I wore a tight size 28W and now wear a size 6 in slacks and 8 in jeans. It can be done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!