You WILL FAIL with MFP, like every other diet...

Options

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Hello Captain Obvious:

I had the same thought. Then I realized that sadly this is not obvious to everyone. Common sense is rather uncommon.

if common sense were common everyone would have it - and sadly I think many are missing that gene
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic Post! You have eloquently and succinctly shared my very thoughts. Mahalo!:happy:
  • aileengh
    aileengh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site as of 3 days ago and still feeling my way around. I came to the message boards for the first time today and saw your post. I can't tell you how encouraged I feel after reading what you had to say. I especially loved the part about "a calorie is a calorie" and changed my profile immediately to show only calories. For the first time in a long time, I'm motivated to begin this weight loss journey.
  • JenifferLynn
    Options
    lol pretty much ;)
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Could not agree more. Thanks for posting this.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Posting to save this as my own personal pep talk.
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well said...I am more unturned to writing what ever enters my mouth no matter what...water intake is higher...walking daily along with some hard workouts for 15-30 minuts added...I have not seen a drop yet but I only been doing this for a week and tomorrow is my weigh in
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT POST!!!! Well said.....
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    LIKE!!!! awesome post very well written :)
  • takahler66
    takahler66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm so glad I read your post! Great job on your weight loss!!!
  • hedge01
    hedge01 Posts: 11
    Options
    Very well said!
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Love this post
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    And there are many here that you can find inspiration from and come to the realization that one day, you might be someone else's inspiration. Don't believe me? Prove me wrong.

Want to be successful with MFP? You just have to make the commitment that no matter what, no matter how many times you screw up, no matter how many times you feel like you can't, you have to tell yourself I will not quit. Tell yourself, "If I fall down, I will get back up."

:flowerforyou: LOVE!!! And so true!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    LIKE!
  • flowerpoweredme
    Options
    like :-)
  • gtscorekeeper
    gtscorekeeper Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very well said!! (my very first post on this site). Thanks for all the insight everyone brings!:smile:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Awesome post OP!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site as of 3 days ago and still feeling my way around. I came to the message boards for the first time today and saw your post. I can't tell you how encouraged I feel after reading what you had to say. I especially loved the part about "a calorie is a calorie" and changed my profile immediately to show only calories. For the first time in a long time, I'm motivated to begin this weight loss journey.

Well I have to say, if you use all your calories on donuts, you might not be very successful long term. I didn't read anywhere in the OP where it said 'a calorie is a calorie' so not sure who's post you were referring to. There is a bit more to losing weight healthily than that.
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Really great post, OP!

I really do think it boils down to the level of patience and stick-to-it-over-time commitment a person puts into achieving their goals.

And this of course often applies to goals other than weight loss/fitness....
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    great post.. loved it!