October Cycling Challenge

Options
This thread is for anyone who pushes a bike pedal. We have people of every different level here. We have cyclers who are just getting their feet wet, so to speak, and pushing through their first few rides. We have others that are putting up several hundred miles a month. We love them ALL! We have Mountain Bikers, Road Cyclists, Commuters, Spin Classers (I don't even think that is a word, author's perogative), Home Exercise Bikers, and Others Pedalling to the Park towing a Kid Trailer. We welcome EVERYONE. Whatever form your cycling takes, we want you along.

All you have to do to join is start posting on this thread. Some people post tickers, others keep a running total, still others post individual rides. There are no rules. You can post miles, minutes, rpm's, effort, WHATEVER! Just post! So, come on and join us. You know that you want to.

Replies

• gregsonevans
    gregsonevans Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Count me in again, I probably rode an extra few hundred miles last month because of threads like this :smile:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Dusting off the stationary exercise bike.
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I am in for October. Setting my goal for 200 miles. Since last months crash I will be starting slow. Getting better, started riding again today and I think by end of week I will be back to a normal ride 20 miles or so.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    In...but running out of light (dammit!)
  • jplosingit
    jplosingit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I will be dusting off my bike and trying for an average of 10 minutes per day (310 minutes for the month of October.)
  • nuffexercise2012
    Options
    I'm in new to cycling but going to give it my all...SPIN CLASS HERE I COME

exercise.png
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Spinnin' it up-over here!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love road cycling, but don't get to ride my bike outside as much as I'd like (scheduling conflicts...) but I've made it my personal goal to go to spin class every Monday and Wednesday, and possibly Saturday mornings - this would be a good group for me to join to try and keep myself accountable to that goal. That would be 10 spin classes minimum if I only do M/W; 14 if I add Saturdays. 1 of 10 tomorrow!! :drinker:
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Getting my new bike this week so can get out on the roads again!! Aiming to work towards being able to cycle to work (11.4miles each way) by the end of the month! Got my exercise bike at home for when its dark/cold too. Cant wait to get started again!! This thread made me get on my bike a lot more last month - hoping for the same this month!

Going to be a bit adventurous and set my goal to be 100miles. I'm unsure if I'll make that but I'll certainly give it my best shot!! xx
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I live in New England ... NH to be specific. Its that time of year where the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting colder, so my "outdoor" rides are getting less and less now or are left only to the weekends. Soon all of my cycling will be done via morning spin class. I'll be working some extra time to get 200 miles in this month ...

*BTW - Mt. Washington received approx an inch of snow this morning :-)
  • Carolineknn
    Carolineknn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome, just saw this thread ! I went on an amazing bike ride this morning in Jamestown RI, gorgeous water views, farms, bridges a little bit of everything!! Love it!!!!:love:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Guess I'll be in, although I'm with the others who say their cycling decreases with the day light. I've logged 4 miles so far today, will be 8 by the end of the day!
  • irishis98
    Options
    I've converted my 5 speed to a stationary bike. I have no way to log miles, wish I could, but I can say I did 30 minutes on moderate speed while also watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion Show-bam! Try and do that on the road :)
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I am in again! With less light and it getting colder I think I will set my goal at 300 for the month.
  • 4Eliz
    4Eliz Posts: 8
    Options
    I'd love to join this group! I'm an injured runner so cycling is about all the cardio I can do right now. I prefer riding on the road, but I think I'll have to mostly do my workouts at spin classes. So I guess I'll count minutes???
    My goal will be 3 classes per week, or 180 minutes.
    10/1: 60 minutes.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Monday Oct 1 = 10min on stationary bike. :happy: that is awesome for me. Coming out of knee issues.
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I am in for October. Setting my goal for 200 miles. Since last months crash I will be starting slow. Getting better, started riding again today and I think by end of week I will be back to a normal ride 20 miles or so.

10/1 - 23.5 miles - 13.4 ave - got my goal for the week 1st. day. Hip and Ribs felt good

23.5 miles for October 1633 YTD
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Im in again.. Setting a goal last month and logging the miles helped me achieve that goal and even go beyond ...I want to set a goal but hesitate...I also am in the time zone where it gets darker earlier....hunting season is around the corner and I bike in the woods...I don't want to be a moving target....I think I will set my goal again for 100 miles and try to do some spin classes...ill try my best...good luck to all of you in the October challenge
  • larrys2112
    larrys2112 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!

exercise.png
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Oct 1 - spin class 1/10 complete (65 minutes) and last night I signed up for the Route 66 Mother Road Bike Tour! 33 miles to come on the 13th!