if YOU need MOTIVATION READ THIS!

Options

Replies

• DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    "HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
    I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your *kitten*, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
    One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
    One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
    21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
    Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."
    :flowerforyou:

(btw, I didnt write this, I found it and just thought I'd share it with you all)

Well, I ate 800 calories over last Thursday and it took me 7 days to get back to where I was weight wise. I drank 10-14 cups of water a day and exercised like regular. The doughnuts and pizza that I had led to more carb cravings. No, it is not the end of the world, but I feel I wasted an entire week and felt bad too. (physically) I probably won't be having a day like that again. Oh, I will eat a doughnut and have pizza but not 800 over in one day. It was a nice experiment.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Completely what I needed after 2 nathan's hot dogs for lunch (at least they were home made and on wheat buns!!!) :blushing:
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    i think i could eat 32 tacos from tbell

They are pretty chincy...!!!
  • Clumz27
    Clumz27 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I needed that. Thanks!
  • trospert
    trospert Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :) I need to be reminded sometimes that even if I slip up, it's not the end of the world and people on MFP are here to encourage, not diminish effort. Logging is embarrasing when I slip but it also helps me the next time to think before I eat something because I know I will have other people see my log and put me back on track. :). forgiveness is important, especially for yourself.
  • melindadunston
    Options
    I am now motivated.... to eat a pizza!
    ^THIS
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    i think i could eat 32 tacos from tbell

They are pretty chincy...!!!

When they were $0.39 / each for a while there..... this is a good 20 years ago........

I would eat 30 or so. No problem.

It was actually fun reading the list. I was reading down like a check list going - yep, yep, done it, done it, yep.......
  • crazybusymara
    crazybusymara Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This came at just the right time - I blew up yesterday - this helped me today!! Thanks!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    So Agreeing!

ROCK BOTTOM: 1200 cal
    TARGET: MFP Calories for lose 1 lb a week (when that hit 1200 I changed to lose 1/2 lb per week)
    TOP OF RANGE: Maintain Calories for my GOAL Weight.
    (SAFETY VALVE: Maintain Calories for CURRENT Weight - remember to keep updating this number as you lose)

--As long as I stayed under the top of my range I should continue to lose, even if it is at a slower rate.
    --As long as I don't go past my safety valve I shouldn't gain.
  • DERBS21
    DERBS21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Very enlightening...thank you for sharing that! We are all too hard on ourselves...this really helps me. I'll remember it when I have a bad day or moment. :smile:
  • nannabannana
    Options
    "HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
    I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your *kitten*, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
    One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
    One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
    21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
    Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."
    :flowerforyou:

(btw, I didnt write this, I found it and just thought I'd share it with you all)

I knew you did, but its still worth re-reading. hanks for the re-read:)
  • BeyFit805
    BeyFit805 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great post! Really puts things into perspective!
  • 1DayAt_aTime
    Options
    Bump
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That was great food for thought (hahaha). It put a lot of things into perspective. Thanks for posting it.
  • gaylelynnmc
    Options
    Thanks needed this little kick in the butt...hugs!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    love this!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    That's keeping it very real!
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder! :flowerforyou: