Girls with Man Calves

Replies

• canadakim17
    canadakim17 Posts: 24 Member
    looks like my calves....they've always been huge and I've always been paranoid about them. The last few months, I've said screw it...life's too short and they are what they are. Learn to love 'em!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    <--- new profile pic embracing my calves! :bigsmile:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    legs-1.jpg

This picture is so full of win.....
  • sakurajiru
    sakurajiru Posts: 5 Member
    I also have large calves, and been trying to slim them down for months already. :( I refrain from running on the treadmill, I use the elliptical instead.

Untitled-1-1.jpg
  • Oh my goodness, I have the exact same issue as you! I'm still in school and all the guys tell me how big my calves are. One of my friends actually told me that it's bigger than the size of my thighs. When I wear heels, they look massive without me even having to try and show it off. Better muscle than fat!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Shame on you for calling them man calves. Calves are calves, period. Disgusting.
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Strong calves on a woman are sexy imo its a genetic gift
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Hot. I ♥ women's legs. I find them sexy. I also agree with the high heels comments.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    I haven't had a chance to read all the post yet, but if anyone's looking for boots in wide calf fittings I recommend www.duoboots.com. They're UK based but they ship internationally and the website has a fitting guide to help you measure for the right size.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Ok....I've had big muscles in my legs all my life, but now that I am working out they are getting bigger and bigger. My brother is actually jealous of my calves lol.

Does anyone else have this problem? Will they keep getting bigger or eventually will they get leaner?

Sorry the picture is so big. I tried to shrink it but it didn't work.

IMG_20120926_133712.jpg

Wow. you really do have impressive leg muscles. Your calves are especially awesome. I have small calves due to genetics, although they are quite muscular from years of running, cycling and weight training. Unfortunately for me due to the genetic factor (thanks a lot dad!), they'll never grow beyond the point they're at now. The only upside is that they'll become more defined, which is ultimately what I want. You should rather see your large, muscular calves as a blessing rather than a problem. Just imagine how strong they are. I hope you're still working out now because that would mean they're probably bigger and more muscular than when this photo was taken. Think about it. You're working out so at least the increase in size is due to the fact that you're putting on muscle, not fat. It's obvious just looking at the photo that it's pure muscle in those legs of yours. So my advise to you is to embrace them and love them. I think they're beautiful. And anyway, I think large, shapely muscular calves on a woman are way more attractive that small thin ones. And beside, there aren't many women (and men) out there who can boast such amazing legs with muscles like yours. You should be proud of them. BTW, you don't need to worry about them getting bigger and bigger. Everyone has a limit at which their muscles eventually stop growing, even they continue to train at the same rate. So at some point, your calves will eventually stop growing.
  • runner2runner
    Shame on you for calling them man calves. Calves are calves, period. Disgusting.

Couldn't agree more. I don't know why women with muscular calves like to hate on them like that by calling them man calves. You're certainly right. There's no such thing as man calves, just calves, period..
  • Ok....I've had big muscles in my legs all my life, but now that I am working out they are getting bigger and bigger. My brother is actually jealous of my calves lol.

Does anyone else have this problem? Will they keep getting bigger or eventually will they get leaner?

Sorry the picture is so big. I tried to shrink it but it didn't work.

IMG_20120926_133712.jpg
    I'm actually jealous of you. I want your calves!!!!

I've been doing heavy weight lifting and lift 55kg barbell which is 1.125 times my bodyweight on my lower body, squatting, deadlifting, lunging with those heavy barbells & have developed legs but my calves so far still looks tiny & 'feminine' :grumble:
  • Shame on you for calling them man calves. Calves are calves, period. Disgusting.

Couldn't agree more. I don't know why women with muscular calves like to hate on them like that by calling them man calves. You're certainly right. There's no such thing as man calves, just calves, period..
    Those women who are hating women with developed calves have absolutely no idea how important our calf muscles are. They all think its disgusting and 'manly' but then they're the same ones complaining on having those flabby thighs and legs.
  • banger711
    banger711 Posts: 18 Member
    rap them around me,hurt me ! :)
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    this is so crazy! i was looking at mine in the tub today and thinking i should post a thread asking how to alim them down. i have always always always hated my calves. the make everything look awful in my opinion and.mine aren't even muscular theyre just big for no reason! :grumble:
  • runner2runner
    I have this problem too. I've always had big legs, but since I started the weight loss, my legs have gotten really manly (or sexy as corrected by Kaleidy-Ly) looking. Not complaining at all though.

Just earlier today, I had this guy randomly ask me in the gym if I had been an athlete in high school or had run track. A customer of mines asked if I were training to become a cheerleader due to my legs (Do cheerleaders have big legs???)

Some of them do. Not all of them I'm sure. But I'm pretty sure even those who don't have big legs must have have pretty strong ones.
  • runner2runner
    I have this problem too. I've always had big legs, but since I started the weight loss, my legs have gotten really manly (or sexy as corrected by Kaleidy-Ly) looking. Not complaining at all though.

Just earlier today, I had this guy randomly ask me in the gym if I had been an athlete in high school or had run track. A customer of mines asked if I were training to become a cheerleader due to my legs (Do cheerleaders have big legs???)
  • runner2runner
    Can anyone please tell me how to upload photos here?
  • Those are some deliciously muscular calves! very nice! :)
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Big calves are sexy as hell.