Your husband/boyfriend!!!

Options

Replies

• witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I actually met mine here on MFP. We were in a group for single people (not a dating group, just kind of a support group for people going through the ups and downs of dating), and after a month or so, he messaged me to find out more about me. We messaged back and forth for a few days, talked on the phone and on Skype for a few weeks, and then he came to visit me (he lives in North Carolina, I live in Texas). We are still flying back and forth at least once a month. We've been "talking" for 5 months and dating for 4.

That is awesome!
  • peles_fire
    Options
    Met my husband at work. I was a slacker at a telephone answering service, working the graveyard shift answering Cable tv outage calls in my best phone sex voice - and he was the tech guy there. Decided to get serious about my career... took my work home with me and he's been here ever since. ;)
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Air Force - we lived next door to each other in the dorms!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    this is more of the "where did you meet your wife" thing.....lol

I own a pawn shop and she came in to pawn her earrings...she had just went through a divorce and was struggling with two kids. If you don't know how a pawn shop works....a customer can pay the interest on the merchandise every month....so, I told myself "when she is not a paying customer, I will ask her out"....took the woman 7 months to NOT be a paying customer....drove me crazy but, I held strong to my vow....anyway, we've been married 7 yrs, I have two great step kids and our daughter turned 6 a few months ago. :)
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    We met at church. He had just moved into our area to work for his grandfather, and started coming to the same church his grandfather attended. I invited him to join me and several other singles for a few get-togethers and we hit it off. We will celebrate our 15th anniversary on Thursday.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a funeral :drinker:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on OKCupid.com. We've been together just over one year now. :happy:

Ditto - coming up to our 4th anniversary and 2nd wedding in just over a month. We also have a 2 year old little girl.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    In stormwind.

Hahaha, awesome.

Other then... Now we all know you're most likely Alliance - gross haha.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Where or how did they find you or you find them? Please tell!

I'm single :( and need some stories!!

I met my husband at work 25 years ago!
  • uidb5259
    uidb5259 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I met my wife when I was 5 years old. She use to chase me around the playground. Then I moved away for 7 years and we ended up at the same high school. We became great friends, then best friends, then a couple. It was and is amazing. Married 13+ years now and loving every minute of it. I wish you the best of luck to find that person matched perfectly for you. I found mine.
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    I met my boyfriend at his best friends house one night. His best friend who was also my boyfriend... We fell instantly in love but we didn't start dating till a year and some later.

We have been together for almost three years now.
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    He came around to ask my dad for a lift to work, I later commented about his cute butt and my dad told him!!!
  • DeckerDoll
    Options
    Facebook...browsing through the "People You May Know" section. Didn't know him, didn't care. Added him anyway. Stalker much?

Been married for nearly three years now :D
  • christou84
    christou84 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    so funny! LOL
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met online...Been married for little over 3 years, but have been together for just over 5 years.
  • misslegz
    misslegz Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    He was my crush when I was 13 and we started dating when I was 15 and been together for 18 years now...married for 13 of those years!

!!12309460.png
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I usually don't admit this....but we met via twitter. 0_o
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Met my man through a classmate. We were going out with a group of friends and he caught my eye, do I folloed up and few years later we live together. Don't be afraid to make the first move and let a good guy slip through the cracks.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    A guy friend of mine who lived a few hours away was going to be in town for a convention, so I offered him a place to crash. He brought along his buddy--a tall, sorta awkward guy. He pushed his glasses up his nose and I melted. The rest is history.
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Met him right here on MFP.

He was a strong supporter of my success while I was doing Insanity and he was doing it also. It started with MFP emails and encouraging posts back and forth and built up to phone calls and long emails and then we finally met in person.

It has been fantastic getting to know and be close to someone who understands what a struggle weight loss/maintenance can be.

Good luck!