Pooj_K Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    "No worries" - It drives me nuts!
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

\

Agree! 1 - hello pushing anorexia statement (and crap.......my partner is struggling to stay in recover from anorexia & bulemia at the moment, and I've had friends - yes, more than one - who have gone into cardiac arrest before age 30. So I don't think it's a cute or fun line to play with or joke about) and 2 - you're not eating the right damn things if you HONESTLY think that! At one point I had actually taken a client to a psychiatry appointment, and the doctor's office staff had that up.....when we stood to check out at the reception area, I could see the sign that said that, plain as day across their area on the wall behind them...... I was SO. MAD. Especially because it was at a psychiatrist's office where he may be treating patient's who have problems with eating disorders, and in clear patient view.

Amen sister! I struggled with Anorexia and have so many friends that still do. Not cool. Not cool at all.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    When people are saying bye and say "late"

I know a grown man who says "toodles" !! UGH drives me nuts! Your an adult and I'm not a 2 year old!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When people use the word "retard" as an insult. Being a mother of an intellectually disabled child it makes me want to SCREAM!

Yes, same here! Or punch someone :)
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    "If it's meant to be, it'll happen!"

Ugh.

I hate this one so much it's not even funny. It implies that things just happen. Most of the times, if not most, you have to go and fight for what you want.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Excuse Me Mam
    Omg am I really that old?
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    "Some of the weight is water retention...."
    Or "I think I am retaining a lot of water.." It's more like retaining a lot of food...
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "Sense of urgency"

This is invariably spoken by some self-righteous git who's obviously never read about the Boy Who Cried Wolf.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    "Yummers" and "Nom Nom"

OMG I hate that!! I also hate Sammi and yummo! Sorry RR but we're adults not children watching your show. Bad enough she says it all the time now adults are saying it! I just want to slap them and her!!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    When someone says "You mad bro?" I want to choke them while pounding their face into the pavement.
  • bridgelene
    Options
    "Nucular" instead of "nuclear"
    -"Axing" someone a question
    -"Supposably" instead of supposedly
    -Can you "borrow" me some money? It's LEND, you *kitten*!
    -Swag....it may be appealing now but it sure as hell doesn't pay the bills.
    -"No offense"...usually said right before or right after they say something patently offensive.
    -"I'm just saying"....something people say when they don't want to shut their mouth but can't add anything intelligent to the conversation.

And hearing "YOLO" makes me want to throat-punch someone. YOLO is carpe diem for stupid people, IMO.

hahahaha I completely agree with all of them! And you seriously just described YOLO better than I could've ever! Great job! :)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Another one I hate - "That moment when..."

So freaking overused and not cool.
  • bridgelene
    Options
    Also, I'm pretty tired of everything being EPIC.

Completely agree!
  • dkkwilson
    dkkwilson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    when people say "I could care less"
    should be "I COULDN'T care less"
    drives me crazy

^^^ Absolutely this. Drives me nuts. I am also becoming increasingly irritated by "I know, right?"
  • ndfaninaz
    Options
    "Preggers" (or any variation thereof)
    "I know, right!"
    "Jelly" (in lieu of jealous)

These. Plus:

Samwich or sammy instead of sandwich.
    It is what it is.
    Moist (that seems to be a common one!)
    Sherbert. It's sher-BET, not BERT.
    Yummers.
    When someone says "physical", when they really mean "fiscal". I'm an accountant, so this one bugs the *kitten* out of me.
    When I say something, and someone's response is "really?!". No, not really, dumbazz....I'm just pulling your leg.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    "Hawt" instead of "hot"
  • ketodeb
    ketodeb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Any word that doesn't actually exist... forwards, backwards, oh, and Libary instead of Library. Yikes.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I will sleep on it! What does that mean?
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    let me axe you a question. 0_O
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    "At the end of the day" occasionally it's fine but ah.... so many people have everything at the end of the day!

YOLO