Quitting Without Notice

Options
124»

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    No matter what, I always give a notice... at least a week...especially if I may want them as a reference.

If it's some random job you got for extra money...pftt.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I will always give notice if im leaving a job. But if it's an emergency and your father needs you... Explain it to them and i'm sure they would understand.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hi, I worked in Human Resources for years so here are my two cents:
    If it's an at-will employment (as in, you're not under contract), then yes, you can quit or be terminated at any time. However, if you intend to use them as a future job reference, it will be more favorable for you to give notice. If 2 more weeks are too rough, then give 1 week notice. If they give you an exit interview, you can say you're leaving because of job dissatisfaction.

It is yet another inequity in the corporate world - you can be held accountable but employer's get to do what they wish. Sadly, you are better off giving notice, or in your case, taking leave and then telling them you are staying wtih your father.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You can....but don't count on putting them on your resume if you leave without notice.
  • winesar21
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all your advice and view points! I really appreicate it!
  • ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you do it you're a cow

ard
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options

Thisss^^^^^ also a jobs a job u can't b piccy unless uv got another job to walk str8 into then quit but I would just go work and come home moneys money x

wtf?????