I like Latin food.....wth happened to this thread? :tongue:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    LNLhG.gif
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    WOW Christina you could have talked to ME rather then posting this **** for me to find. Dont worry we will be out ASAP.

Nevermind my question.

This just got good.

IrwhA.gif
    thx LMAO when I got off the phone dealing with my reponsibilities as an adult who doesnt have family to sponge off of even if my guilt and self-repect would allow
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Right! My daughter is 2 and she knows she is not to touch the TV. But if I had a babysitter over to my house and she did damage something...that is part of having a kid...I wouldn't expect the babysitter to cover it.

I really don't understand your logic here. :noway:

my point is, if she was watching them like she should have they wouldn't have done it. I don't have pens laying around in my house and I came home to my daughter saying that "she" gave her the pen. My 11 yr old comes home saying that all my sister n law was doing was holding the 7 month old in her arms while my kids were unattended to. wth? they never do that stuff when I'm home with them.
    [/quote]

How many kids was she watching? Sounds like she was vastly outnumbered.

[/quote]

she just watched my 4 and 2 yr old. the 11 year old comes home from school just a couple hours before I do and no one "watches" her. she's old enough.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I would simply ask her what their game plan is. When do you plan to move? Surely they didnt intend to live with you forever. Time is up, they need to start thinking about where they are going to live. And if I were you I would have someone else start watching your kids. Sever the ties.
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    I would simply ask her what their game plan is. When do you plan to move? Surely they didnt intend to live with you forever. Time is up, they need to start thinking about where they are going to live. And if I were you I would have someone else start watching your kids. Sever the ties.

yes, she got upset because of me getting upset with her laziness and me making my rules that she said she wouldn't take care of my kids anymore so I bring them to the old babysitter now
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    If you are overworking and not getting sleep you will get unwell.
    Then you won't be able to keep doing the housework you are doing.
    I have way too many friends carrying free-loader relatives.
    I am not talking money here. When you charged them rent they thought of it as their place.
    You could actually look for a new place and move your family out, husband kids and all and let them keep the old dirty place, lols
    anyway back to workload.
    None of my friends stopped till they got sick.
    Mostly organ failure and infections but also CFS.
    You don't want this.
    You won't listen to me I know this, they didn't and they know me.
    PLEASE!! prove me wrong. Stop doing the cleaning and find a way to get your sleep.
    Can you get a cubby house to sleep in?
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    What kind of person makes a decision like that without consulting with their spouse?

Your primary problem is with your husband, Your inlaws are only secondary.

Exactly this. Tell hubby they go or you do and stick to it.
  • stark2v
    Options
    When is your lease up?

The best solution may be for you to move into a new apartment at the end of the lease. I know you don't want to move; however, you can offer to let them keep the apartment you are currently living in and your family will move into something more suitable for you. They will take over full rent and utilities on the old place and you will take over rent and utilities in the new. Ensure they realize there will not be room for them to continue to live with you.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    simple
    put all their personal crap they leave around in those bins with lids and close it..I wouldnt wash or clean anything beyond that..and I def wouldnt argue about it or complain...why cause any stress in your own relationship perhaps they dont like you either and this could be a good way to get you and your guy to break up...you gotta be smart...just toss their stuff in a bin...and buy ear plugs and sleep..you agreed to them living there so tolerate it until they are out ......if you and your hubby need to move then do so when the lease is up.
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    When is your lease up?

The best solution may be for you to move into a new apartment at the end of the lease. I know you don't want to move; however, you can offer to let them keep the apartment you are currently living in and your family will move into something more suitable for you. They will take over full rent and utilities on the old place and you will take over rent and utilities in the new. Ensure they realize there will not be room for them to continue to live with you.

Yes, this^^. I'm trying to work on fixing my credit and saving $$ to buy a home and they damn straight will not be living with me, no ifs ands or buts
  • you need to tell your husband to stop feeling bad for his sister cause his sister is only taking advantage of you guys if she cared enough she would have her *kitten* up helping you trying to see if u need anything or at least help clean up when i lived with my inlaws we all sat down and worked out a sceule on whos doing what one day and so on take turns washing dishes vacuuming and cooking if u make seperate meals that s fine but u gotta talk to her and tell her u dont wanna argue u just need her help arond the house if shes planning on living there and ur husband should understand that
  • The_New_Christina
    Options
    Thank you to the ones who gave me advice....I will be sitting my hubby down tonight to seriously talk about this issue without fighting and hopefully things will change.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your husband isn't respecting your feelings. I think it's time to put your foot down. You've been nice and put up with it for his sake now it's time for him to tell his sister to get her act together. I know none of my brothers would put up with that crap from me, especially if I was irritating their wife!
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I hate people!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Also when he leaves his crap around the house I would "clean" by throwing it away.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    welcome to 2012 where it's ok to be a freeloader
    this is so true! what is wrong with people?!
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    What kind of person makes a decision like that without consulting with their spouse?

This^^^^

This situation is putting stress on your marriage and you are obviously feeling resentful. If you and your husband can't resolve this it will kill your marriage.
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

I agree and unfortunately your hubby is going to have to be the one to ask them to leave. Don't let him use you as an excuse to make himself look better either. I have been in you exact position (totally different situation though) and I know how hard it is. You really need to keep communicating with your husband until he can understand where you are coming from and you need to be prepared to do what you have to do if he never gets there.
    You as his wife should come first! I feel you pain and hope it works out for everyone! SOON! :o)
  • karabff
    karabff Posts: 98
    Options
    Bye bye in-laws time to go face the real world & hubby needs to be supporting YOU